Vertex Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Found 652 of over 813 reviews

4.1
Vertex Pharmaceuticals President and CEO Reshma Kewalramani
Reshma Kewalramani
Pros
  • "vertex really takes care of its employees(in 67 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, great amount of vacation time standard(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no cons to working at Vertex(in 42 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be tricky(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great science and great people

Jun 28, 2022 - Sr. Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vertex is a great company. I am very happy to be part of it. The science is solid, with one TA makes the most money and a few very promising new pipelines. The people here are sharp and easy to work with. I found people are generally much more collaborative, comparing to big pharma/biotech. The senior management really listen to and care about people. Employee survey were conducted often, feedbacks shared and action taken. Company has 4 weeks of PTOs, summer and winter shutdown weeks, plus a lot of holidays, additional synchronous day off for well being during pandemic, Flexible work schedules etc. I can't ask for more.

Cons

Company is in a growing stage, with a lot of new hires last one year and half, thus a lot of changes, people changes along with process maturing. If all you want is stability and retirement like life, then this may not be best for you. Work-life balance can be a little bit better during working days. But given so many PTOs offered, I don't think this is not something unmanageable.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Nice place to be

Jun 23, 2022 - Scientific Fellow in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice, cutting-edge scientific atmosphere Great team of people Great company prospects from pipeline Many training opportunities Good benefits, though I don't expect to use all my vacation time

Cons

Timelines are rough and can crush spontaneous innovation. Very woke mindset can be uncomfortable at times. I do not want to make hiring decisions based on race, gender and sexual orientation but feel pressured to apply positive discrimination.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Response

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience! We believe we're the most innovative, make the best decisions for patients and attract the highest caliber of talent when we hire and build an inclusive, diverse and equitable workforce and culture.

3. 5.0

Great place to work.

Jun 22, 2022 - Research Scientist Medicinal Chemistry in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment. Nice colleagues. Good work life balance.

Cons

Absolutely Nothing! Everything is great!

4. 5.0

New job in BioPharma

Jun 21, 2022 - Medical Director, Clinical Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organized, great culture, hype and reality are same thing

Cons

Can't think of any cons

5. 5.0

Good Pay Solid Team Orientation

Jun 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Groups are informative and work well on collaborative projects, good PTO and salary

Cons

None really, its an awesome place to work

Thank you!

6. 5.0

Fantastic Organization and People

Jun 21, 2022 - Associate Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vertex is a very forward thinking organization that always keeps focused on science to find transformative therapies to help patients. Vertex is also focused on the people within the organization and has created an inclusive work environment unlike any other organization I have been a part of.

Cons

The only downside I have seen so far is the amount of acronyms used internally. When you are just getting started, it is great to start a list of all of them. This is something very minor.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Response

Thank you for sharing your experience!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic company to be a scientist!

Jun 21, 2022 - Senior Research Scientist in Oxford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is some really exciting science going on at the Oxford site, it really feels like you are contributing to something meaningful in the world. Everybody is extremely friendly and helpful and it really feels like a family. You are well compensated here, and the benefits are great.

Cons

I haven't yet found any!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting to embrace challenges when working at Vertex

Jun 15, 2022 - Executive Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many "first-time" at Vertex as a result of the new science and technology; Cross-functional collaboration to enable a path forward, even if the solution is far from perfect; Real time recognition of the areas for improvement and take action on them; Caring of individual employees through corporate communication, policy, and benefit.

Cons

Effective communication across different organizations can sometimes be challenge, and thus it can take some time and patience to achieve our goal.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Response

Thank you for sharing your perspective!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Intensely rewarding opportunities to transform the lives of patients

Jun 13, 2022 - Senior Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our people are dedicated, passionate, and brilliant. Our strategy has worked for CF, now we're on track to innovate serially in multiple other diseases. Our overall compensation is excellent, when taking equity into account.

Cons

It can be intense, and we have to work hard to remind everyone: drug discovery and development is a marathon, not a sprint.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Response

Thank you so much for your review.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working at Vertex

Jun 10, 2022 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

* No chances of getting bored, fast pace * Opportunities to interact with all parts of small molecule drug discovery pipeline * Great colleagues * Excellent benefits

Cons

* Fast pace and the pressure can be high at times

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Response

Appreciate your review and feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 652 Reviews

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Reviews FAQs

Vertex Pharmaceuticals has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 813 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vertex Pharmaceuticals employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vertex Pharmaceuticals. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

82% of Vertex Pharmaceuticals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vertex Pharmaceuticals 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Vertex Pharmaceuticals Job Seekers