Veterans United Home Loans Reviews

Updated 2 Jul 2020

4.8
Veterans United Home Loans CEO Nate Long
Nate Long
Pros
  • "Wonderful people, lots of room for growth and development, great perks like free snacks, coffee and 15 min massages(in 32 reviews)

• "Work life balance, casual dress code, awesome co workers(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to this company(in 12 reviews)

• "Most of the negative comments I've seen are because the company is going through some growing pains(in 8 reviews)

1. "My only career"

Current Employee - Transaction Coordinator in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Exceptional people, values, environment, and culture

Cons

would like to see better retirement plans (pension or employee owned plans)

2. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Post Closer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time

Pros

The work atmosphere and all the other employees. The "office perks" are up there as well.

Cons

Opportunity for raises is only once a year.

3. "THE BEST!"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about you as more than just an employee.

Cons

I moved and had to leave.

4. "#VURocks"

Former Employee - Closer in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love this company and how they not only help veterans but also the community!

Cons

VU is a fantastic place to work, no cons!

5. "BEST COMPANY EVER"

Current Employee - Client Connection Specialist in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food People willing to help Room for growth and wealth in the company

Cons

I have no cons or issues with this company

June 19, 2020Culture Rep

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for being part of the VU family!

6. "Great place to work with great people!"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazingly generous, and kind people

Cons

Some issues with management styles

June 19, 2020Culture Rep

Thank you for being at VU and taking the time to leave your thoughts!

7. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, enviroment, atmosphere, perks

Cons

n/a I didn't find any cons during my time

June 11, 2020Culture Rep

Thanks for being part of the VU family and sharing your thoughts!

8. "No diversity"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, fair pay, fun perks at times

Cons

Long hours, no real work life balance, if you aren’t a Karen, you won’t make it here. Very little diversity (look at all the pictures that have been uploaded...the amount of people of color you can find in those pictures is All the people of color that that hire. Definitely a place where if you are a person of color and make it through the hiring process, they will make it hard for you and you won’t be there very long. Fun perks don’t make up for being treated humanely.

June 10, 2020HR Representative

We take every review seriously and are disheartened by your words and experience. We believe there is a significant disconnect between your experience and our intent and efforts we have in place to work toward inclusion. Our Inclusion and Social Impact team is passionate about connecting employees on the topics of diversity through small groups, community efforts, educational programs, events, and discussion groups. Some efforts include programs like vHue (our professionals of color) to provide social events, professional development, and community building opportunities to our employees of color. We have also implemented a nationally sourced diversity internship program for students of color and student Veterans to gain experience in the mortgage industry, the Columbia community, and the VU culture. We are committed to combating racial disparities in the workplace. We may not be perfect, but our hearts and values keep us committed to getting better each day. Please email inclusion@veteransunited.com with any comment you’d like to share, and allow us the opportunity to address your experience and ensure we continue growing toward inclusion.

9. "Best Company I've Worked With in My 40+ Years of Working"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

True team work, true desire to make communities better, emphasis on giving back. Employ Extreme Programming - pair programming plus TDD with a whole way of life around it that works so well. Leaders lead by example and truly care about their people. Chain of command is responsive. Projects are fun. We even get Friday afternoons for Professional Development Time - work on your own project to improve a technical skill, then bring it back and apply it to VU projects. During the CCP Virus, management kept us very informed and they reassured us that they have a plan, that they have positioned themselves well from past experience, and that they have our backs. This place is so awesome!

Cons

Working toward permanently allowing WFH for technology workers, and I hope that comes to pass.

May 14, 2020Culture Rep

Thank you for being here! The last few weeks/months have been challenging and different for a number of reasons. It's VUers like you who make it possible for other VUers to work from anywhere seamlessly. Thanks for staying positive and all the hard work!

10. "Constantly Changing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Benefits -Great outings -Employee Matching & 401K Contributions

Cons

-Long work hours -Overworked -No work-life balance even though it's preached

May 4, 2020HR Representative

We are glad you enjoy the benefits, outings, and 401k contributions. However, your cons are concerning. We want to strongly encourage you to reach out to your team lead or AD if you are struggling and not getting the support you need. There are many other people who can serve as a resource for you, including but not limited to: director of production, production manager, a co-worker in HR, or a member of the culture team. We are committed to helping you feel supported but, as this is an anonymous review, we can’t do that unless we know who you are.

Found 278 reviews