VinSolutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.3
VinSolutions CEO Lori Wittman
Lori Wittman
Pros
Cons
  • "Vin needs to be better about managing bad hires out of the organization(in 9 reviews)

• "For starters you have to talk to car dealers every day and if you're not ready for that it can be jarring(in 8 reviews)

1. "Quality engineer"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in New Delhi

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment for working and awareness

Cons

Salary and groth not good

Advice to Management

Dfn

VinSolutions2019-07-23
  2. "Review Vin"

I worked at VinSolutions

Pros

It was indeed a great company

Cons

I had no complaints from the company

VinSolutions2015-12-24
  3. "good"

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time

Pros

good management s gooood

Cons

nohing there is no cons for the company

VinSolutions2015-04-28
  4. "Multiple, lastly a software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mission, KS

I worked at VinSolutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for overall. Lots of perks, work/life balance, training, etc. Lori Wittman is awesome. Always open to conversation.

Cons

While there's a lot of training opportunities and resources (as well as encouragement), the mobility is limited. There's some unfortunate practices, like giving friends promotions despite being under qualified.

Advice to Management

There's some shady things done just to get better pay - leave for a position elsewhere and come back to higher pay. Instead, remove the red tape to help hard workers move up and receive fair pay commiserate to the market.

VinSolutions2019-10-08
  5. "7 years and counting!!!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth, innovation, co-workers, market share, support

Cons

I don't have any cons for the company

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

VinSolutions2019-08-23
  6. "Best place ever!"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing to dislike. Amazing company with great work life balance ethics.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep being great! First class leadership here.

VinSolutions2019-07-17

"Fun and innovative engineering organization"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The engineering org is constantly pushing to adopt current technologies (AWS, React, .NET Core) instead of sticking with the legacy tech decisions. I've learned SO much about cloud development, dev ops, and service resiliency since I joined. - Leadership is open to new ideas, and everyone has a voice. Talking with senior management and executives is not intimidating. - Great track record of hiring and... retaining talented people. I work with smart and passionate people daily, and it's inspiring. - The company is making LOTS of money and investing that into smart product initiatives. It feels like there is always something important and exciting to work on. - Open and friendly culture. I know almost everyone in the building because it's so easy to meet people. The engineering department has team rooms instead of cubicles, so teams build close relationships and collaborate easily. - The work/life balance is fantastic. No one will judge you if you have a doctor appointment or need to work from home to wait for the cable guy. The work hard/play hard culture removes the stress and judgement I've felt elsewhere for taking PTO. - Lots of growth opportunities. VinSolutions rewards hard work and talent. - Competitive pay and benefits. I'm very satisfied with my salary and yearly bonus, and my family is fully covered by Cox Auto's benefits package.

Cons

Everyone in the engineering org is salaried, but we still have to submit timesheets every week. This is something that could be automated by integrating with our work tracking tools. Annnnnnd that's it. It's hard to complain when I love coming to work and get paid a competitive salary to do so.

Advice to Management

Maintain the existing culture and keep the startup growth mindset going. The excitement in the engineering organization is fueled by a few key factors: - They get to use new and modern technology. Everyone feels like they're growing and learning. - They're given exciting and important projects to work on. - They get HONEST feedback about the success of products, both good and bad. Everyone I work with... appreciates that leadership is not afraid to call out when a product isn't doing well in the market. That honesty from executives is refreshing and shows that the good feedback isn't blowing smoke. We know both sides of the story and are inspired to do better or continue succeeding.

VinSolutions2019-05-03

"Great Company, great benefits and room to grow"

Current Employee - Lead Generator in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room to grow Great benefits Good people Willingness to work with your schedule

Cons

Some weekends Inconsistent employee feedback Communication could be improved in the BDC Department.

Advice to Management

Keep One-On-Ones on schedule. When you set time aside to meet with your employees, don't continually blow them off. Things get busy, but when a meeting gets pushed back week after week, it hurts morale.

VinSolutions2019-04-15

June 27, 2019SVP and GM

Thank you for your review. Regular 1:1’s are an important part of our culture. I’ll make sure I pass this message on to my leadership team. If you continue to experience this issue, please feel free to reach out to those in your leadership chain…or me. Communication is very important to our success!

9. "Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Product Trainer

I worked at VinSolutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management & Opportunities for advancement

Cons

Lots of travel (but they tell you this ahead of time)

VinSolutions2019-04-15

June 27, 2019SVP and GM

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your time at Vin. I appreciate the dedication of our Product Trainers who are on the road every week meeting with our clients. It is such an important job –helping our dealers get started right on our product. Thank you for your contribution to our team. I wish you much success in your future endeavors!

10. "Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

This interview process alone, was worth every minute. Our leadership is amazing, open, fun, interesting, intelligent , I can go on and on. Our team members the best of the best!!!

Cons

Absolutely NONE! This company is by far, the best out there.

VinSolutions2019-03-25

June 27, 2019SVP and GM

Thank you for your review. I couldn't agree more! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here. I wish you continued success and thanks for taking the time to give feedback!

Found 176 reviews