Visa Inc. Reviews

Updated 10 Jul 2020

3.4
Visa Inc. CEO Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
Alfred F. Kelly, Jr.
  1. "Associate System Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great Benefits like stocks, cab facility, food facility -Food facilities are very good -The work is depend on team in which team you are working

Cons

-More of legacy work -Won't get exposure to leverage your skills on latest technologies

January 23, 2020The Visa Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback.

2. "Good Place to work with and now Card Processing in Details"

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible, loads to learn, Benefits,Woman Friendly

Cons

mostly they expect you to be available whenever there is work

January 9, 2020The Visa Team

Thank you for the positive review! Great to see you're enjoying the flexibility, benefits and learning and growth opportunities that Visa has to offer.

3. "Not good company to laterals"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consulting Hardware Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance , facilities, parties

Cons

Laterals treated badly, salary can be any number

January 23, 2020The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is appreciated. Please know that each employee is greatly valued. A key role of the HR business partner is to support you and your team. We encourage you to raise your concerns with your contact so that they can be heard.

"Manager"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Domain, prospects of the company, facilities Very good for junior roles, but not for technology focussed senior leaders. Good for people who just wants to retire or they are good in managing their bosses.

Cons

One hardly gets to see the center in bangalore maturing over last coup;e of years, even whenit is here for around 5 yrs. The openness they had in their initial years is not visible, most of the leaders are keen on their own growth and bonus. Female employees are blatantly promoted, groomed, rewarded with hikes & other flexibilities, often at the cost of other genders. I am not against female, but there should not be very high % of bias towards females. Needless promotions, leadreship going out of way to promote them to simpler and lucrative roles, while male counterparts are asked to continuously slog. Many of the techie guys are quitting the company based on what they are witnessing in last couple of years. Lots of overhead in many things we do.

January 9, 2020The Visa Team

Thank you for this feedback. Developing our managers and cultivating a culture of respect and growth are paramount to making our business even more successful. We want to foster a workplace where all employees feel valued, included and rewarded for the work that they do. Please follow up with your Human Resources Business Partner so that your concerns can be heard.

5. "Good Company to Work"

Current Employee - SSE in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Good initial salary 2. Employee Education program: We can claim upto 3L per year 3. Free transport, snacks etc 4. Flexible working hours(Depends on project)

Cons

1. Hikes are less 2. Internal mobility and referral needs some clarity

December 18, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear you are enjoying the benefits and flexibility that Visa has to offer. We appreciate the feedback!

6. "Senior Software Engineer"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good worklife balance, good salary.

Cons

Difficult to switch between teams

December 10, 2019The Visa Team

Glad you are enjoying the work/life balance and benefits that Visa has to offer. We appreciate the feedback.

"Discriminatory!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Director in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Employer brand recall + Business-class international travel even in today's world

Cons

- I completely support gender equality but two wrongs never ever make a right. As some of the previous reviewers have noted, Visa Bangalore is a place where men are discriminated against. It starts from the hiring phase where women are offered roles even if they do not meet the interview performance bar. Once they join, they are offered higher visibility projects and regardless of the results they deliver, they receive all the accolades. This nepotistic approach continues even into the promotion cycle where women who barely speak up in meetings or contribute anything worthwhile get promoted for 'innocently smiling' at senior site leaders while 10x more competent men are left in the lurch for unknown reasons. Long before the US Presidential impeachment process had socialized the 'quid pro quo' phrase, senior site leaders (ironically Indian-origin US citizens) at Visa Bangalore have been enjoying the 'benefits' of 'closely liaising' with their favorite female employees and promoting them multiple times in return. In a nutshell, Visa Bangalore actually deserves a (-)1 star rating as a workplace.

January 13, 2020The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. At Visa, ethical integrity is at the heart of everything we do. As such, we take these claims of discrimination incredibly seriously and we encourage you to express these concerns to our Business Conduct hotline, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, online or by phone at https://visa.altertline.com or 1-888-289-9322.

8. "Great Company to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good compensation and perks Great work life balance

Cons

Hiring strategy could be improved

December 3, 2019The Visa Team

Glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits and work/life balance that Visa has to offer. We really appreciate your review and feedback.

"Good company with bad leadership"

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Good company benefits and facilities. 2. Good work environment and office setup. 3. Decent salary. 4. Decent work life balance(depends on departments).

Cons

1. Politics everywhere. 2. Not a technology company. It's purely a business oriented company. Don't be under impressions that you'll get to work on latest technologies. 3. Monotonous work. 4. Non-technical leadership team. They are purely people managers. 5. All projects are driven by PGM's (who just act like teachers and do postman job), dev & qa leads. Managers rarely involve. 6. Networking and communication is more important that hard work. 7. Managers don't care for employees work life balance. They just want to please their bosses and accept all the work. People hesitate to say NO as an answer. 8. Everyone has favorites and managers make sure only those grow.

December 26, 2019The Visa Team

Great to see that you appreciate the work environment and benefits that Visa has to offer. Thanks for your input, as leadership does want employees to feel properly focused and empowered to do their best work. In order to keep up with the rapid pace of innovation and growth within our industry, we must be agile and we’re committed to fostering an environment that supports it. With our leadership principles as a guide, we also believe that positive leadership behavior matters. We encourage you to express your concerns about management with your Human Resources Business Partner so that you can be heard. Thank you for the review!

"Senior software Engineer CIT/EAA Bangalore"

1.0

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

Salary ok and nothing else to be motivated

Cons

No promotion policy No matter how good you perform and how long you serve in this company you will not be promotion due to dirty local politics

Found 1731 reviews