Vision Creative Group Reviews

Updated 10 Apr 2019

3.4
Vision Creative Group Managing Partner and President Andy Bittman (no image)
Andy Bittman

"Great atmosphere"

Former Intern - Advertising Intern

I worked at Vision Creative Group for less than a year

Pros

The employees were super friendly and wanted to help me with anything that I seeked help with. They are dog-friendly and overall is a very fun place to work. My assignments for the summer were really engaging and tailored for what I wanted in my future career.

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Great learning opportunity and collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Vision Creative Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The wide breadth of the client roster Vision has enables an extremely varied client experience. office environment is the most relaxed I've ever been in. It's a fun group to work with and the birthday celebrations, random breakfasts and occasional surprise pizzas are just a few of the things that makes this company different. The owners value the employees and take company culture (and environment) to heart. The kid-friendly office is also a huge plus.

Cons

Lack of increased PTO after time with the company.

"Great creative atmosphere!"

I have been working at Vision Creative Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our new office has a spacious, open layout that makes our creative collaboration even stronger. Lots of talent, benefits and friends. Overall, I think Vision is a cool place to work.

Cons

We work till 5:30 but on a good note, we now have early closing on Fridays.

"Keep Looking"

I worked at Vision Creative Group

Pros

Talented and great people to work with

Cons

Owner is paranoid and doesn't treat employees nicely. Did not give raises for over 4 years.

July 11, 2016President

“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” ― Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden I post this quote not to be "mean or snarky" in any way, but rather to help remind that there are always two ways to look at everything. This site can be difficult as anonymous people can post whatever they wish - but I have to say that if this person worked here in the last four years they would know what they post is not true. Also, if they worked here during the great recession (which I spoke of in another response) they would know that while we did have a hold on raises during that time, we did not lay off anyone and we continued to cover 70% of their benefits (now we cover 80%). So this person is choosing to look at the torn and not at the rose. Lots of great people here at the agency, many have been here for a long time... While they do not post here; I appreciate them more every single day. Thanks, Andy

"Very Creative"

I worked at Vision Creative Group

Pros

Great place to work and grow as a designer

Cons

No cons to report as a designer

"A stable company with great people"

I have been working at Vision Creative Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Vision Creative Group has a mix of large and small clients, you don't get bored doing the same thing day in and day out. One day your working on Pharma and the next it may be Consumer Goods. For the most part you work on all stages of the projects from design to production. There is also a great atmosphere because of the people you work with. A lot of them have been there for a long time, and there are no "diva's" or hot shots and no one trying to "one up each other" Also a mix of young single - out of college and married with kids employees. Also for the most part - no one has to work overtime, only on rare occasions.

Cons

Projects are on the smaller size, so quick turn around - not many long term large design projects.

"Don't be fooled"

I worked at Vision Creative Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros. Everyone hates it there. Some of the employees were nice but when things got tough it become "every person for him or herself". The owner keeps buying companies. He brings them in and then ignores or abuses them so they start complaining to make matters worse. BTW- The two only good reviews were definitely written by the CEO himself and his rebuttal is laughable.

Cons

Working there. It's a bad work environment. As far as I know, the employees brought in their own treats for the birthday celebrations.

April 27, 2015President

I did not write them (but thank you to whomever did) and the agency happily sponsors the celebration of all birthdays. The people here are great - sorry you had a bad experience.

"Enjoy creative work, busy clients and a family environment"

I have been working at Vision Creative Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been working here for over 5 years and the atmosphere is great! Small company feel with big brand name clients. VCG has an enjoyable work atmosphere. Imagine an advertising agency where people rarely work late and not on weekends! There is such a wide range of talent in the studio and everyone is happy to help or join in. The company continues to invest in computers, software and even a new server. I feel like VCG is building a strong future for all of us. The fact that there are a lot of long term employees speaks for itself. Yes, people move on but that's true of any company. Plus it's so cool that kids and dogs are always welcome :)

Cons

Unfortunately, Birthday Breakfast Celebrations don't happen everyday! Yum

"Beware"

Art Director in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I worked at Vision Creative Group

Pros

The employees are creative. You'll make some solid lifelong bonds due to the misery this place stowed upon you.

Cons

Where to start... Reading managements reply is laughable. I worked here for 2.5 years giving the benefit of the doubt of getting better. If you are a vendor, client, or employee please do yourself a favor and run for the hills. Andy's response to this site just shows how he tries to manipulate the situation. There is nothing solid here. I'm sorry. It really is a joke and people aren't kidding when they say it's like being at prison. This is put mildly. Yes, please come visit the building and see the space. We'd love for you to see how miserable we are working in no heat or electricity during Sandy. A time when nj was practically shut down but told we'd be docked for not coming in. A time where schools, buildings and offices were closed due to devastation in our area where some of our homes were ruined but forced to go into work with no heat or electricity all because we're on salary and Andy wants to be in control and make sure he squeezes every last dime out of us. Even though we should've been with our families and see where we're sleeping that night with our children! Just do yourself a favor and pretend like this place doesn't exist.

Continue reading

"Cruelest, most sadistic owner"

I have been working at Vision Creative Group for more than 5 years

Pros

Most employees are very nice. Employees try to stick together in the face of horrific abuse by management.

Cons

The owner operates a toxic, poisonous environment. He sends cruel, sick emails to employees in an effort to demean, demoralize and ultimately humiliate. Company is run like an hourly factory. If you are late due to traffic, dentist appt, car problem, snow, etc you must make up the time. If you are over an hour late you are automatically docked a vacation or personal day. However if you have a lot of work you are expected to stay late without overtime. This is all illegal! Most employees are docked pay. Vacation and benefits are meager so most people run out of days and have to take unpaid days off. Lunch is only 45 minutes and there is a sign on sheet. If you take longer you must work late to make it up. Employees are miserable there. The owner is so stressed out due to cash flow problems and passes the stress onto employees. He pits employees against each other. Absolutely the worst place to work.

December 4, 2014President

We recently became aware of this site and I thought it would be a good idea to provide a one-time response to these posts. I understand that some are from a few people that left to start/work for a new agency our guess is they feel it is better to negatively attack us instead of positively promoting themselves. I encourage you to visit our site, talk to the people who work here, contact me, or even come visit us and then decide for yourself; please don’t rely on just posts alone. My replies below… Everyone that is working here for more than a year has received a raise of 5% or more in the last 12 months – everyone. We also provided performance bonuses in the last 2 months to those who contributed to our success. We do allow for people to make up time if they are late an hour – it is not monitored – it is on the honor system. This also applies to long lunch or personal time. If people choose to take more time off than is allotted – it is their choice to do so unpaid. There was a posting that made a good point; I could do a better job increasing vacations for some, which is something we are looking at. Everyone here has internet access, and it is not monitored. There is wireless, but it is not ours, it is assigned to another company so we cannot use it unless there is an emergency. Our payables are 100% up to-date and we have good credit. We have no long-term liabilities or trouble meeting vendor payments. There was a period where issues regarding bad acquisitions and the financial downturn of the last several years did hurt us, but I am proud to say we endured without layoffs and are back to solid footing. I did hold raises during that time and withdrew 401k matching, but both have fully returned. Several points that speak to our character (we have many more than these): We averaged raises of 5-10% for the years leading up to the recession. We paid an employee and provided 100% healthcare for him when he was struck by cancer and could not work for a year. Another employee passed suddenly and we continued her pay for months, and covered her 3 boys with healthcare for nearly a year at no cost to them. We had a very successful employee daycare here for 10 years which we supported 80% of the cost. We covered 100% of employee’s healthcare for 20 years and only recently lowered our contribution to 80% of their healthcare costs. We have done spot bonuses and raises as well as helped people financially so they could buy a house, pay their mortgage, provided cash advances to help employees (many times forgiving repayment). We have even paid for things like car repairs as a thank you. There is not a lot (if any) overtime here– we get a ton done during the day and that is due to the fantastic, talented staff. We are in midst of upgrading our server and have upgraded half the machines that were getting outdated. The building is not as bad as mentioned, but it does at times have problems with heating and cooling. Unfortunately I have no control over it and we will be moving from this building in about a year (but it is not terrible – come visit us to see.) We have a bad weather program that allows people to work from home in the event of severe weather – it was implemented successfully last year. We have a pet-friendly environment as well as an open door policy for people to bring their kids to work. We do a lot with/for charities. And yes it is true, I do spend a lot of time in my office; it is where I work. I always have thought that people would prefer me diligently looking for new business and managing the agency than hanging out in the studio trying to be everyone’s “bud” all day. We have a lot of great people working here, a lot of them for many years. No person or place is perfect; I am sorry a few did not have good experiences, but if people are unhappy or unsuccessful and leave, they may also need to look within. Thanks – Andy.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.