Vitamin T Reviews

Updated 28 Oct 2019

4.7
Vitamin T CEO John Chuang
John Chuang
Pros
  • "Also, the work/life balance is really fantastic(in 24 reviews)

• "The agency really supports the talent providing great benefits and great resources that allows talent to develop and hone their skills(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "In my experience so far I have no cons(in 10 reviews)

• "Aquent attracts a lot of highly skilled talent(in 8 reviews)

"Glad to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Detailed onboarding and ramp up program. Strong leadership with clear, defined vision and a focus on growing their internal talent both professionally and personally. Internal values reflect positively on outside clients. Immense support and guidance.

Cons

Nothing of concern so far in the first 60 days.

Continue reading
  2. "LOVE working at Vitamin T!"

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands-on training, work/life balance made a priority, modern approach, cool mid-city office, and most importantly the team is wonderful!

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

3. "Awesome company - flexibility!"

Former Employee - Talent Agent in San Diego, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vitamin T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility for as needed work remote; manage own book/business

Cons

Company has a "try anything once" attitude and business model but sometimes lacks follow-through on the things that should stick.

4. "Great company, full transparency"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

positive culture, collaborative, great perks!

Cons

Need to be able to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment!

February 25, 2019President

Thank you for your review! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I really appreciate your balanced feedback :) If there's anything you think we can do to better help our staff "adapt to change and work in fast-paced, results-driven environment", let me know at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. Thank again!

"Working at VT"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

The culture is definitely great, and the leadership team, at least from what I experienced, really does take an interest and try to help you succeed. They provide amazing benefits to all employees, and it's not a bad place to be.

Cons

The caveat to my pros is this: your experience is really going to depend on the market you are in. If you are located in a thriving market with a big team, you will likely love your experience at VT. If you land in a small market, where this isn't much of an established team, then it will be a very lonely and, frankly, boring experience. Though the leadership team tries to help, they aren't really able to dedicate the time to someone in a small market, as much as they would to a team in a big market - obviously because the big market is generating way more revenue and has much more potential. You'll pretty much get thrown into the deep end with minimal training, and have to figure things out on your own. While there is an element of ambiguity in any job, in this role it just made for an overall unpleasant experience, that even a great manager couldn't make up for. Everyone kept saying they cared and wanted to help, but at the end of the day, it mostly felt like lip-service. I experienced way too much upheaval and change during my tenure that was handled poorly and it made it difficult to enjoy the work or stay. Additionally, the off-boarding process is incredibly disorganized and could be better, for example: ensuring an exit interview is completed prior to an employee leaving the company.

January 9, 2019President

While I hate to read that you've had a bad experience here (and I assure you offers of help were not "lip service"!), I really appreciate you taking the time to share your small market and off-boarding experience. Good news = we have only 3 small markets. But failing even one is not OK. I wish you'd come to me with ideas on how to better help while you were here, but I'll definitely take this time to check in with the other folks right away. I will also share your experience with our HR team so we can improve. If you have ideas on specific ways we can help small markets feel the VT love, please share with me directly at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. I wish you the best!

"WOWed but the support and team collaboration"

Current Employee - Direct Hire Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

the support and collaboration of the team is endless. i have never felt so connected to a team that is completely remote. everyone is in it 100% and the motivation, success, and support is contagious. work-life balance is amazing!

Cons

none that i can think of as a con...just some growing pains but the pains are all positives.

October 25, 2018President

Love this! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I'm so glad you're having a great experience her - though I'm not surprised given how awesome our NY team is! If you think of things we can do better as we work out those growing pains, I'm all ears! You can find me at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. Thanks for your review!

"Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office space is great, the management go above and beyond to be helpful, we're provided with awesome Macs and fantastic tech support, and every step along the way I've felt supported and comfortable . Also, the work/life balance is really fantastic. I truly look forward to coming into work every day.

Cons

We need more conference rooms and spaces for small teams to sit together!

October 8, 2018President

EXCELLENT NEWS! This is that very same Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I really enjoyed sitting with your team and am thankful that you found it helpful :) I know that rooms are at a premium in our Boston office with so many people there, and I do believe they are working on expansion to create more spaces for teams to gather. If that doesn't happen soon, please let me know at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. If there's ever anything more we can do to help, please let me know that, too! Thanks for your review!

"Hitting the 1 year mark at the end of this month!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting pinged from Glassdoor to write a review....yes sir! I am almost at the 1 year mark, and I could not be more proud to work at VitaminT. Upon coming to this company I wanted to use my skill set to grow as a professional, but also see the company grow in revenue and expand in its market. Along the way we built new processes based on the initiatives that leadership has taken, and in return I have received so much more. Some of this includes: 1 - Opportunities to expand accounts 2- Opportunities to help others in multiple divisions break into accounts. 3- Champion the technology platform (which I believe is a true game changer in the industry). 4- Work in collaborative teams with Product, Ops, Management, Marketing etc. 5- Solve awesome complex company problems! I can clearly say that this has been the best experience I have had at a company, therefore continue to invest in it. It's really what you make of it. You will be pushed to the limit, and motivated to go outside the box and do it some more. If you are considering joining the company, now is the time to do it. At the moment we are having an amazing expansion in technology, creative, and marketshare space. Exciting times to be at VT.

Cons

I think I am a bias reviewer, because I see a lot of positive here. I do acknowledge that many have left because of the changing landscape of the company. From BDM's to AD's is a tough transition for many, and as we move forward there will probably be significantly more changes. But what this really means is that we have the opportunity to be more strategic. Use that to your advantage. With this in mind, stay focused!!! Find a formula or ask for someone's and succeed with it. The people who are completely invested in the company seem to succeed continuously. They have brought in many experts from the field to really take the company to the next level. After a recent trip to Boston I realized that people on top are making the right calls, and are very knowledgeable. I was inspired at headquarters by the amount of bright people in the room. It instilled more trust at the company for me.

September 30, 2018President

Thank you so much for your review! This is Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and as you know I treasure every bit of feedback we can get to improve. I KNOW our Blue Ocean is out there, and I appreciate your support to keep us heading there. I hope your ability to make impact here continues and if ever you need me or have more ideas, I'm here at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374 (though I'm pretty sure you know that!) Thanks again for your contribution AND your external support as well!

9. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some amazing people at this company who are willing to go out of their way to help you. The benefits are great! Plus, leadership cares about what you have to say and encourages input.

Cons

The Portland office is set up a little strange and doesn't provide an ideal candidate experience.

September 11, 2018President

Well one thing's for sure - leadership DOES care about what you have to say :) I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I really appreciate your feedback! If you'd like to talk about the Portland office setup, I'd love to understand the issue to see if I can help? Just let me know at 323 475 7374 or shall@vitamintalent.com. Thanks again for the review!

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vitamin T full-time

Pros

Amazing team in the Dallas office. True Collaborative environment where different ideas and suggestions are welcome. Good flexibility with the work schedule.

Cons

Although there is flexibility to work from home if needed, it is still priority to be in the office. Driving in Traffic to the office is my biggest con.

August 31, 2018President

Thanks for the feedback! I'm Susie Hall, president of Vitamin T, and I totally agree that our Dallas team is awesome :) Believe me I wish I could solve the traffic problem, but I'm glad you've been given some flexibility there. If there's anything (outside traffic...) we can do to improve, please let me know at shall@vitamintalent.com or 323 475 7374. Thanks again!

Found 141 reviews