Find jobs for Summer Intern

1. "Summer Intern"

2.0
    Summer Intern in Hartford, CT

I worked at Waddell & Reed

Pros

learned a lot about the financial services industry and what the process is and how the job is done.

Cons

Unpaid, little to no hands on work, basically like sitting in classroom all summer long

Continue reading
  2. "Summer Internship"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Sherman Oaks, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Waddell & Reed for less than a year

Pros

The people at Waddell and Reed are very friendly, helpful, and sociable. You can always go to advisers and ask questions about the job, career advise, or even personal social questions and they are happy to answer them.

Cons

The company's culture was very relaxed, hard-working, and energetic. As an intern however, there wasn't much job to be done. I helped mostly with administrators answering calls, preparing brochures of financial products, and making schedules for the managers. I wish I had done more work related to finance but since advisers are related to sales there is not much for you to learn financial aspects.

"Great learning experience"

4.0
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Belle Vernon, PA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Waddell & Reed for less than a year

Pros

You are able to set your own hours and pick your own clients. Through commission, you are rewarded for hard work.

Cons

Salary is entirely commission based. This causes the job to be more focused on the sales aspect of the field than the actual advising aspect.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.