Wegmans Food Markets "part time" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Wegmans Food Markets Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated 6 Jan 2020

4.0
Wegmans Food Markets President and CEO  Colleen Wegman
Colleen Wegman
Pros
Cons
  • "I only left to secure a full time position in my current field(in 155 reviews)

• "No benefits for part time employees(in 148 reviews)

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

Good part-time job for students

Cons

working in a retail environment

Wegmans Food Markets2020-01-06
  2. "Great people"

Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really enjoyed the team atmosphere. For a part time job in college, Wegmans was the best spot.

Cons

For a part time employee, not a ton of cons. During the holidays, schedule could get a little intense.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-12-12
  3. "Great company but"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great environment and benefits. Great support with scheduling. Being part time is a breeze. Scholarship program is awesome and love the intern program wegmans offers. The best products and freshest items.

Cons

Some heavy Politics going on and never being able to leave on time. Training was horrible because it was one day or non existent. I felt overworked, underpaid and under appreciated. The posting process is corrupt and political. They already know who they want for positions but make people apply anyways.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics. Try to get to know your employees better instead of focusing on cutting labor and crunching numbers. Kind of how it used to be. Acknowledge employees for department successes. A thank you goes a long way. Get back to developing instead of throwing employees in positions. I think we’ve lost touch with happiness of the employees. Lots of unhappy employees in the stores right now. Also stop taking away department manager roles and making team leaders do the same job for less money.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-12-25
  4. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Member in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling for part time college student employees. Most of the people you work worth are decent people, and I felt a sort of belonging there, almost family like. If you work well and treat the people around you with respect, your coworkers and superiors will look out for you in return. There are also some customers that are very kind, and interacting with them is rewarding.

Cons

Customer service heavy positions can become monotonous and unpleasant at times. Some customers walk into the store and don't view the employees as human beings. They only acknowledge them if they need something from them and can be rude, dismissive, and even combative at times. Having good relationships with coworkers in your department helps with this, as they can support you and be sympathetic. You're all in the same boat.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-12-06
  5. "Nice job while in school"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Rochester, NY

I worked at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hrs Nice work environment

Cons

Low pay per hr No benefits for part time employees

Wegmans Food Markets2019-11-07
  6. "Pay issues and harassment"

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Virginia Beach, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s a clean work environment, most of the staff is easy to get along with.

Cons

Pay for part time employees is a few dollars less an hour than full time employees doing the same job. I a part time employee make $11.65 an hour and a full timer doing the same job makes $14-$15 an hour. I’ve been repeatedly harassed and endangered by a fellow employee and reported to both HR and management hasn’t done anything to change it, forcing me to switch jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. People that show up and do their job shouldn’t get overloaded with work that 2 or 3 other employees are needed for.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-10-20

"An OVERRATED company"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Westwood, MA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule for Part-Time ONLY. If you're full time they basically own you. If you're lucky you'll get a manager who is actually decent.(In all my years in the company I met 4 managers and the best managers who actually followed the core values of the company--care, respect, empower the employees, etc have actually quit the company or moved to different stores/markets.) Health insurance is quite good and that is why you'll see many people of older age. Free anti-slippery working shoes twice a year.

Cons

Your skills and knowledge are undervalued. Your resume is actually never even looked at because they have their own qualifications. The wrong people are hired for the job. The wrong people are promoted. If you are lazy and don't mind putting on a smile and show up to pick up your check this is the place for you. If you are skilled, a hard working fella and passionate about your job, you will waste your time working there--there's no manager capable of seeing it and rewarding you. People in higher ranks were getting paid less than lower ranks. You won't be appreciated enough despite the ''employee appreciation days'' they throw once or twice a year. You Will pick up the slack of the lazy people and burn out and get paid the same or even less. The reason for good health insurance is because of the high volume there is many injuries. So many there's a board counting them over the week.

Advice to Management

One of the questions during the interview is if you ever had a problem with a manager in the past. They should reevaluate their interview questions. They are promoting the wrong people. Many managers don't have the people skills and/or product knowledge to be where they are.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-11-10
  8. "I worked here part time"

Current Employee - Pizza Maker

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time

Pros

Decent hourly pay for a part time worker

Cons

They require seasonal workers to come back and work at least a day during vacations

Wegmans Food Markets2019-09-20
  9. "Best Part-Time Job I Ever Had"

Current Employee - Part Time Customer Service in Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture. Managers are very considerate of all their employees and recognize that we have lives outside of work. A lot of benefits. There's a scholarship every year for college students.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility for part-time employees. Especially, if you're a student and don't spend a lot of time at work.

Wegmans Food Markets2019-09-16
  10. "Review"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker

I have been working at Wegmans Food Markets part-time for less than a year

Pros

Additional Benefits Work Environment Management Work Life Balance

Cons

Work Wage Hourly Part Time

Wegmans Food Markets2019-09-10