Weiss Asset Management Reviews

Updated 25 Sep 2020

4.3
  1. "Great Internship Experience"

Current Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weiss Asset Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tons of structure and support from the whole team

Cons

Remote work - not their fault

2. "Summer Internship -- Analyst"

4.0
    Former Employee - Summer Internship in Boston, MA

I worked at Weiss Asset Management full-time

Pros

The people are supportive and friendly.

Cons

The whole internship was online, not anyone's fault, but didn't feel as good.

3. "Intern"

4.0
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Weiss Asset Management

Pros

Good culture, competitive compensation, nice people

Cons

Hours can be a bit long

4. "Great place to work and learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Weiss Asset Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I would recommend Weiss to anyone who wants to work in a highly collaborative environment with extremely intelligent, thoughtful, and reasonable colleagues. Leadership is upfront about what they value and genuinely listen to employees at all levels. Benefits are fantastic too.

Cons

Hours are long and expectations for employees are high. Not a job where you can coast. You're never done learning and getting better.

Continue reading
  5. "Excellent Culture"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Weiss Asset Management full-time

Pros

Extremely smart people helping you to succeed: Most people here are pretty cerebral and academic thus making the workplace intellectually stimulating. You will be talking to people with not only established careers as finance professionals but also pretty high raw intelligence. The best part is that the culture reinforces these people to help you succeed in what you find interesting within finance. Helps that the President was a distinguished academic/professor.

Cons

Work is hard and hours are long. The culture more than makes up for this but if you're not the type who enjoys it, not the place for you. They're extremely selective in hiring, so if you have an offer from here you'll definitely get an offer in other hedge funds.

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Office Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weiss Asset Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since I started at Weiss I have developed my team and my role, worked with members in all the departments of the firm, worked on a wide variety of projects, and really expanded and improved my professional skillset. I really like the culture at Weiss as well - it encourages active learning and conversation, and tries not to stick anyone in a corner in regards to role - I have always felt like my voice mattered. There is also an extremely high emphasis on the social aspect of the firm. There are a lot of company events that range from happy hours after work to sports games to weekend ski trips. I'm friends with my colleague's spouses and I'm true friends with colleagues, not just acquaintances. The work is challenging and stimulating, and no two days are ever the same.

Cons

The hours can be long (50-70 is standard), but it is finance so that's not unusual.

7. "Great culture and work environment"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant

I have been working at Weiss Asset Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture and employees at Weiss are phenomenal. Everyone is driven, intelligent, and makes the company feel welcoming. I've truly enjoyed getting to know my colleagues and learning from them, and my supervisors always make an effort to explain the purpose of the work I'm assigned. People actively encourage asking questions and emphasize learning about the bigger picture whenever feasible. I've never felt disrespected or belittled for asking questions or admitting that I don't know how to do something, even among some very senior members of the firm. Also the benefits are wonderful--catered lunch and dinner, a fantastic healthcare plan, and regular events for employees. Compensation also seems pretty generous across the firm.

Cons

The hours are generally quite long. It does feel shorter when you take time to go to the gym, get a massage, etc., but there is definitely a tendency for people to stay late (though that is also due to the employees themselves having workaholic personalities, no doubt.) The company does encourage people to use their vacation time and not constantly stay late, but it can be hard to leave at reasonable times when everyone is working late also. Seems pretty standard for this industry, however.

8. "Great company, better people and environment"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weiss Asset Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are so helpful, kind, and willing to go the extra mile for you. I got this job right out of college and never once felt that I or my ideas were not taken seriously or respected because I was young/ new. The company itself is truly a flat structure, I sat directly next to our president and across from the founder, Andrew Weiss on the trading floor with the rest of the employees. The benefits are phenomenal and you really feel like the company cares about you and wants to do the best for you.

Cons

The hours can be long. I usually work anywhere between 50-60 hour work weeks.

9. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Weiss Asset Management

Pros

Great place to work, amazing perks, and everyone all around cares a lot about your learning + development

Cons

No real cons, hours are good

"Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Weiss Asset Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting and engaging work Culture of mentorship and meritocracy Great perks and events collaborative work environment where learning is prioritized Most employees view as long term home, almost all of senior leadership has been with the company 10+ years

Cons

Long-ish hours depending on what you expect (50-65 is normal)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews