Cover image for Wellstar Health System

64% Recommend to a Friend
66% Approve of CEO

Found 1,882 of over 2T reviews

3.6
Wellstar Health System President and CEO Candice Saunders  (no image)
Candice Saunders
Pros
  • "Good team work really cares about you work life balance(in 58 reviews)

• "Great place to work, awesome company with great benefits(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay compared to other Health care systems(in 64 reviews)

• "Very little support for work-life balance(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
    Join the conversation
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

The Hiring Process

7 Apr 2023 - Patient Access Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hiring process was easy and fast. I was working within two/three weeks.

Cons

I have to drive a way both to work and back home.

Wellstar Health System Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all you do at Wellstar to pursue excellence, serve with compassion, and honor every voice.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work

19 Dec 2022 - AGM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best salary with in industry

Cons

Travel to sites are very frequently

Continue reading
    3. Join the Wellstar Health System team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

aa

31 Jan 2022 - Analyst in Bengaluru
      Business Outlook

Pros

health insurance given to all employees

Cons

salary not good for experience person

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. At Wellstar, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to support a work-life balance for our team members. Regarding pay, there are many variables we look at when determining our compensation rates to ensure that we remain competitive. We appreciate your feedback.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

1 Mar 2021 - Quality Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company Good infrastructure Management good No much learning

Cons

Not employees friendly Learning not good Not good hike

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide a positive working environment where everyone can grow their career. Wellstar is committed to taking care of our team members like we do our patients and community. As part of our Total Rewards package, we offer growth and career development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for continuing education. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as we continually assess the team member experience at Wellstar.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was good

21 Dec 2020 - OA II in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture and team management

Cons

More Working hours and Better Bonus

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Wellstar, leadership is committed to providing the appropriate information, tools and resources needed to succeed. We value the well-being of our team members and offer special benefits and programs to promote the work-life balance team members need to be successful in their role. We appreciate your feedback.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wellstar Cobb

19 May 2023 - CT Technologist in Austell, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to get experience. You will learn to adapt to a fast pace and a large workload. Many opportunities to learn multiple procedures and off the wall exams.

Cons

Management is very hands off and is happy to let the department struggle and will do the bare minimum for coverage. Very easy to get burned out and overworked. If you have a strong work ethic be prepared to be over utilized while other employees are allowed to underperform. Protocols are constantly changing with little to no notice and are not adhered to across shifts. Not recommended to anyone who isn’t highly adaptive or without experience as it is easy to flounder in this environment with little to no help from colleagues.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Pretty good, but left hand usually doesn't know what the right hand is doing

25 May 2023 - System Learning and Development Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits. Self-care options. Great peers and people who generally want to take great care of their patients. Healthcare best practices are usually an expectation, not an afterthought.

Cons

Too many moving pieces which often hinders accountability or oversight. Change moves slow because of the wide-reaching effects of such a large system. Managers are often promoted internally beyond the point of incompetence.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Opportunities are endless

23 May 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are invested with you growing with the company, even if that means switching units/departments. Love the investment in my career and that I can stay in the same organization

Cons

Insurance has to be through WellStar which is a pain if you wanted to see a provider that doesnt work for them

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great management

26 May 2023 - Patient Care Technician in Dallas, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

General respect and caring attitude from management.

Cons

A couple of very disgruntled, nosy, and vindictive co workers make for a toxic environment.

Continue reading
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Employee investment

26 May 2023 - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee investment, with great focus on the wellbeing of their patients and their employees.

Cons

Location… you will have to either move or drive a good distance to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,882 Reviews
    </>Embed

Wellstar Health System Reviews FAQs

Wellstar Health System has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,003 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Wellstar Health System to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wellstar Health System employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wellstar Health System. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

64% of Wellstar Health System employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wellstar Health System 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Wellstar Health System Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Wellstar Health System? Share Your Experiences

Wellstar Health System logo

Reviews by Job Title

Wellstar Health System Photos

+ Add Photo
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Team members receive CLIF bars from a donation.
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Our Environmental Services team members are going above and beyond to keep our facilities clean and safe for our patients and team members.
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Wellstar nurses take part in a prayer circle before their shift.
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Our team members are equipped with the necessary PPE so our other patients and team members can stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Our team members are Healthcare Heroes!
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Nutrition and Food Services team members continue to provide patients and other team members with nutritious food options.
    Wellstar Health System photo of: Thumbs up for free pizza!

Affiliated Companies

WellStar Kennestone Hospital

Wellstar Health System Job Seekers Also Viewed

DeKalb Medical Logo
    DeKalb Medical

3.2

Compare

Glassdoor has 2,003 Wellstar Health System reviews submitted anonymously by Wellstar Health System employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Wellstar Health System is right for you.