Cover image for Weston College

Current Employee, more than 1 year

good place

29 Nov 2022 - Graduate Student in Weston-super-Mare, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun and nice people work here

Cons

the lifts take about 10 minutes

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away if you're not white

1 Dec 2022 - Marketing Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Next to the town centre Exposure to new skills Some good people

Cons

They don't know how to support you, especially if you're a person of colour. Looking back at my time and finally understanding micro aggressions and discrimination, I hate that I never went to HR with my concerns. There were many instances where I felt cornered, bullied or ignored and the managers either contributed to it or turned a blind eye. And lmao the worst part is the pay wasn't even worth it. They make you feel like you're getting treated so well and you're making so much but this was the worst paying job I've ever had.

3. Join the Weston College team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Excellent

11 Jul 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent employer, enjoy my team

Cons

None no negative comments to write

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Unsupportive to staff

10 Jul 2022 - Teacher in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Able to Manage your own time

Cons

Unsupportive managers. Too focused on money staff wellbeing not considered

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

micro management

19 Jul 2022 - Lecturer
    Business Outlook

Pros

very supportive co-workers with a lot of experience in their fields

Cons

1) I did not have access to basic and necessary materials for my teaching, which was the result of lack of organization by the college. 2) I felt unsupported when I was raising any issues, receiving answers such as “Welcome to prison” or “This is life”. 3) There is lack of professional development; I created collaborations with well established organizations. However, I then received answers such as "you try to run before you walk". In addition to this, I wasn't supported to complete or promote the practical outputs of the above collaborations. 4) you have to teach the same group for 3 hours without break, something that I find unethical when you have students with multiple LDDs, health and mental health problems.

7. 2.0

Money Money Money

17 May 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Weston-super-Mare, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good ground level team members long term employment

Cons

Money over quality of education and work, reiterated in all of the speeches. No progression in the workplace, all managers have been in post for 10+ years. No innovation allowed due to the time spent in post by senior people. Poor pay for the level of work and commitment they ask of you, unless you are a manager. Massive pay gap between leads/managers and ground level staff

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

GIS Cuisines

16 Apr 2022 -  in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love too work in the kitchen & Management I have +10 years experience I have Qualification Weston College GIS Cuisines

Cons

GIS Cuisines Qualification Management Certificate

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work, but rewarding

7 Apr 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team are accessible and are open to ideas. There are some good benefits. There's lots of training available of you want it. Gifts at Christmas and sometimes at the end of other terms. Great holiday compared to other places of work!

Cons

There are no downsides for me, but you do need to be willing to work hard - it's a very busy and fast paced environment, and as it's education, there can be changes in the "targets" of the college. These are what make it an interesting place to work for me, but might not be for everyone.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall a great employer and great place to work

23 Mar 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very generous amount of annual leave (up to 48 days including bank holidays). Pay awards at the end of each academic year. Christmas and Easter hampers. Enrolment into a good pension scheme with high employer contributions. A very friendly and supportive team of people, with lots of opportunities to progress and a strong emphasis on CPD.

Cons

There aren't any that come to mind.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Review

21 Mar 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff Development opportunities Strong educational practice

Cons

Revenue focused, sometimes to the detriment of wellbeing

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews
</>Embed

Weston College Reviews FAQs

Weston College has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Weston College to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Weston College employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Weston College. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

54% of Weston College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Weston College 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Weston College Job Seekers