Windstream Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9
Windstream CEO Tony Thomas
Tony Thomas
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management too resistance for a change(in 69 reviews)

• "Tools do not work but windstream expects you to provide excellent customer service(in 32 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Matthews, NC

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good culture. Can make good money in sales.

Cons

Base salary is kinda low.

Windstream2019-10-14
  2. "Not So Great"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product offering and latest technology partners

Cons

Provisioning and implementation difficult due to miscommunication between departments. Sales org needs revamping

Advice to Management

make sure all hands are talking to one another before deploying solutions

Windstream2019-10-10
  3. "Windstream has incredible culture and I can tell will be a wonderful work environment."

Current Employee - Technical Support in Harrison, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time for less than a year

Pros

The coworkers and management are informative, polite and kind people that I can tell genuinely care about my wellbeing and improvement with the company.

Cons

I haven't gathered enough experience thus far to have any negative comments and don't think I will!

Advice to Management

Continue being so well communicated and informing! It is very appreciated.

Windstream2019-09-30

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

We understand how important a good leadership team is to the success and happiness of our employees and we are glad you are benefiting from our WINning leadership team. Thank you for leaving your review.

4. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Windstream full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, work environment.

Cons

Office was prematurely downsized unfortunately.

Windstream2019-09-26

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience, but are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our pay, culture and benefits. We appreciate your honest review.

"Ok company"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist

I have been working at Windstream full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are good and adequate

Cons

Turnover rate is too high

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to increase productivity

Windstream2019-09-25

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you feel the Windstream benefits are and pay structure are fair. We work hard as an organization to provide the best possible pay and benefits to our employees as you are valuable to us.

6. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Plenty of autonomy in executing tasks; No micro-management

Cons

Heavy focus on hitting schedule but little effort in going back to fix shortcuts that may had to have been taken to hit dates.

Windstream2019-09-25

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!

"Prepare to take the good with the bad"

Former Employee - FCR/Spec I Tech Support in Rochester, NY

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, met some great coworkers. Fair vacation times offered

Cons

Honestly, I'm not sure if the dept that I worked in is still offered to domestic employees, but here goes. Micromanagement is at an all time high at this place, call center environment. Although the position was not presented to me that way, it most certainly was. The roll changed continuously over the time that I was employed here. Job duties continued to grow rapidly, but pay did not. You are promised the... ability to move up within the company once you pay your dues but I saw that to be false with numerous employees at the call center.

Advice to Management

NA

Windstream2019-10-04

October 8, 2019Windstream Talent

Thank you for your review. We encourage all employees to discuss career growth opportunities with their managers. Growth is important to us at all levels, and your manager is here to help map out any and all opportunities. We are sorry that you did not have the same experience when you were with us.

"You have to make yourself known"

Current Employee - Staff Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent Pay, great co-workers, decent amount of vacation

Cons

Management changes too often, one week you're working on "the project that will save the company", the next week you have a new manager and a new "project that will save the company because that other guy didn't know what he was talking about." Then 2 weeks later.... I'm exaggerating a bit, but it doesn't seem like it when you're here. Also it's definitely not WHAT you know, a lot of the time it's WHO you know,... but not just that, it's letting WHO you know know what YOU have done. You can do all the work in the world, have it done on time or sooner every time, error-free, exposing tons of opportunities, but if you do all that and on a call with the VP's you hear, "'s team found these great opportunities" instead of " found these great opportunities", then you're not going anywhere. You HAVE to make it known that you are the one doing the work. Your boss is trying to stay employed just as much as you are, he/she will gladly accept credit for their team doing something and you're not going to get rewarded in any way unless you make it highly visible that it was you which did the work. If there is an opportunity for which you may be able to move up the ladder, you will get a small raise. 3% if you're lucky. However, if you came in from off the street with no experience, you'd start off 10-30% higher than that. Why? Because internal people don't get to have large pay jumps, regardless of anything. "We can't give them that large a raise" will be HR's retort. Furthermore, let's say you're a Tech I and a Tech III job opens up and you're perfect for the job. They will lower both the title and the pay grade of that Tech III to a Tech II so that "you have room to grow". You will get taken advantage of, you will be overlooked, you will be told that you'll get rewarded if you finish just one more thing only to have that turn into one more thing, then another, then a new manager and they don't know anything about any reward. But if you do one more thing they'll look into it. When you do finally get a raise, you'll then be let go so they can hire someone out of college that they don't have to pay as much.

Advice to Management

There's nothing to say, you can say the culture is better, at least it's not Windstream vs Nuvox vs PAETEC anymore, but the management structure and culture are still the same as they were at Alltel and my little review on Glass Door isn't going to change that. Also, stop asking people to review you on Glass Door, from the reviews I've read, it's not helping.

Windstream2019-09-11

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience. One of the Windstream core values is Respect. We promote the sharing of new ideas & opinions while embracing an atmosphere of teamwork and trust. Talking to people not about them considering all opinions equal to your own. We apologize you did not have the same experience and would like to further research your situation. If you would be interested in providing us with more information related to your concern, please call Windstream’s Working with Integrity Helpline 1-888-898-3990 or visit Windstream’s Working with Integrity Website www.tnwgrc.com/webreport to provide a description of your experience at Windstream

9. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-III in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company's Mission, Vision, and Core Values - "Accountability, Collaboration, Respect, and Agility". If you like to grow and learn new technologies, you will find a good program as Learning & Development in HR especially from Windstream University.

Cons

Hopefully the company is getting better financially and employees can get more benefits form it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Windstream2019-09-09

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

Success is what we all strive for and we are glad you are finding that with Windstream, especially through out training programs that further aid you in your growth! We thank you for your review

10. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Distributed Computing Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome company to work for, great experience and knowledgeable team mates, HR people are awesome, even upper management staff like Tony Thomas and Steven are friendly, low profile and humble people where if you talk to them, they will communicate with you with all respect and they do not have any egoistic or arrogant attitude, I love working for this company, all my co-workers are very experienced and we all share... knowledge and skills.

Cons

More strict with vendors such as TCS or HGS to make them responsible to pay for the hardware and software that are in their boundaries as a vendor

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think right now

Windstream2019-09-04

October 3, 2019Windstream Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate it very much!

Found 1391 reviews