Windstream Reviews

3.1
Windstream President and CEO Tony Thomas
Tony Thomas
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management made some bad decisions that set the company back years(in 75 reviews)

• "Company just emerged from bankruptcy(in 33 reviews)

1. "Windstream"

Former Employee - Legal

I worked at Windstream full-time

Pros

Benefits are good at company.

Cons

Work Culture is not that great.

2. "Fine job"

4.0
    Former Employee - NOC Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool place good coworkers extra

Cons

entry level but that's fine

Windstream Talent

Thank you for your review!

3. "Good people"

4.0

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I loved my coworkers and had good opportunities to advance during my tenure.

Cons

Business changes a lot, has been unstable in recent years

Windstream Talent

Success is what we all strive for and we are glad you found that with Windstream in your time here. We thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

4. "Good job"

Current Employee - Field Technician in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Windstream full-time

Pros

Money and vacation time and the benefits

Cons

Gotta work on the elements

Windstream Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you feel the Windstream benefits are and pay structure are fair. We work hard as an organization to provide the best possible pay and benefits to our employees as you are valuable to us.

5. "Review"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

vacation and insurance were comparable

Cons

bankruptcy and leadership was all over the place

Windstream Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

6. "Ex Employee"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, NY

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great bunch of people. Different culture mesh.

Cons

So disorganized and slow moving. Expected from an Arkansas company.

Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience, but appreciate you leaving a review.

7. "Good pay, good experience. Poor guidance in senior leadership."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for the company for three years. Windstream is big on building bridges, and peer relations is the absolute high point of the company. Team members are active in helping each other (as much as they're able.) Direct management is transparent. Many of the positions within Windstream offer good pay, and shadowing opportunities made it easy to transition between teams and build new experience.

Cons

Individuals in IC roles, the service delivery section in particular has little to no work life balance. Routinely, shotgun huddles with senior managers would occur to vent grievances, specifically on after hours work. Many in the SD world would put in over 40 hours a week; and many of the positions were salaried. On the more extreme cases, especially in project management. I can count on at least two hands a number of coordinators punching in excess of 60 hours a week. I worked in an operating systems support role for Project Management and routinely logged 50 hours plus weekly. Work life balance was virtually non existent. During my tenure there were a multitude of changes within senior leadership geared toward streamlining operations. Management itself in my wheelhouse was largely inconsistent, sprung heavily upon "hurry up and wait", and project kickoffs being backpedaled up the 20 yard line after work had been committed. My single biggest issue however is directly in senior leadership itself, specifically in employee review and evaluation. Notably that for the last year of my employment, after completing the employee management evaluation, department employees down to the individual level, were tasked to actually create improvement plans ourselves. And as stupid as that sounds, not one change recommended by any employees within my group during our evaluation ever came to be. In essence, this was leadership dumping their own problems back on the employees rather than holding themselves accountable. My last year with Windstream was three years ago, so it is possible some of these issues may no longer be contextual, or simply dated. There are plenty of other grievances to be said (turnover and retention, facilities, corporate politics, unrealistic or otherwise unreasonable project goals, etc) but most of these issues are resolved at the top level. Not of substantial concern at the IC level save for the impact it has on employee retention proper.

Windstream Talent

Seeking out opportunities to improve is a core function at Windstream. We embrace agility and act in a way that embraces change for the better. Your feedback is important, and we appreciate you taking the time to share.

8. "Poor consolidation of companies"

Former Employee - Trouble Resolution Specialist II in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun place to work, great relationship with informal coworkers

Cons

Poor communication of current goals and status from corporate office. Sudden cuts to employees and positions without warning, indeed even after being assured of job security repeatedly. I noticed they would hire and fire contractors in a confusing pattern. One department does not know job processes (and works against) other departments. Some backstabbing.

Windstream Talent

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are constantly looking to improve our overall transparency and communication, but we appreciate you taking the time to leave your review

9. "Review"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Maitland, FL

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers made the job fun and entertaining

Cons

Management Team was poor at best consistently paying out Director and above bonuses while maintaining employee pay (no COLA) for 3 years straight, reducing workforce while consistently requesting employees do more with less.

10. "Windstream"

Former Employee - Sales Operations Coordinator
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can be a great place to work

Cons

Not having enough management to push their team to be the best, without threats.

Windstream Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience. One of the Windstream core values is Respect. We promote the sharing of new ideas & opinions while embracing an atmosphere of teamwork and trust. Talking to people not about them considering all opinions equal to your own. We apologize you did not have the same experience and would like to further research your situation.

Found 1533 reviews