Wise Reviews

Found 727 of over 751 reviews

4.4
Wise CEO Kristo Käärmann
Kristo Käärmann
Pros
  • "A lovely work environment with a nice working culture(in 55 reviews)

• "Great people that you get to work with(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Autonomous teams means that often you need to "lobby" with other teams to get things done(in 35 reviews)

• "there are many questionable team leads who might have great technical knowledge but really not mature enough or ready to tackle human issues(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Invaluable development and experience at pace

Mar 27, 2021 - People Team Member in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I always say TransferWise is like a new company every 6 months - we’re scaling so fast. That means new projects, challenges and development opportunities all the time. Despite the chaotic nature of this your learning will be continued and rapid and if you want to get stuck in it’s a great place to build your career and take steps up the ladder much faster than in a lot of companies. You’re trusted. If you can explain the rationale behind your vision, you can back it up with data and also reflect if you fail - TransferWise will trust and support you to build things how you see fit.

Cons

Growing at scale is tiring. Things need to be built from scratch. Many of the tools you’d have had at your finger tips in previous people team roles need building. You can’t tell people to help you or do what you want them to do, they have to buy in. Although all the above can be seen as pros - you know anything you build has to be meaningful and prove impact and you can shape it how you want - plus it will feel easy anywhere else.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Great experience working with TransferWise

Aug 4, 2020 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get to learn more, helping hands will be available

Cons

I don't think there is any downside

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Company review

Jul 27, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy so teams are fully empowered

Cons

Sometime growth within the institution is limited

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

best company to a quick growth

Aug 4, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are aiming for a quick growth, then this is the best one to join in. No pressure and can lead a peaceful life.

Cons

Less work. But can be huge sometimes

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Fantastic playground

Apr 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Very engaging and positive candidate experience during interview 2) Very positive culture, where employees really enjoy their work and at the same time feel a strong connect with the purpose of the organisation 3) Very good CTO

Cons

Can't think of any cons. Keep up the great work

6. 5.0

Culture matters

Oct 10, 2021 - Customer Support Associate in Tallinn
      Business Outlook

Pros

After working at 4 different substantial companies in the past, this is the first time I'm actually proud working for a company. People have high EQ, are overall smart and inclusive, and are encouraged and informed to be so based on merit. People are not just seen as expendable working bees here, for the most part. The workday involves structure, clarity and respect for autonomy, which in this case also leads to superior results. In that, Wise is also very friendly towards people who are independent thinkers or neurodivergent. The company actually does succeed in preventing workplace stress that's not strictly work related, e.g. bullying etc. High-functioning autistic and people with ADHD traits would not find a much better-suited environment. Lastly, the product and the way of building it is great. Every team and function is appreciated and is given a slice of the larger pie with stock options. So we could own our work and actually be a part of the company. And that is the best thing ever.

Cons

It can be challenging to understand the flat hierarchy and to meet ever-growing expectations. With the latter, the goal is constant improvement, though it can be a bit daunting and challenging, especially at first. Only thing I would ideally love to see more is the option of part-time work. It is generally an option here, but 4-day work weeks could actually be better for some people, also in terms of overall output.

7. 5.0

Life at Wise

Oct 8, 2021 - KYC Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about the company is amazing, from onboarding to having the most awesome and friendly employees

Cons

Can’t be at the office that much because of Covid

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work at

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of autonomy, supportive environment.

Cons

Nothing I can think of so far

9. 5.0

Strong culture & leadership

Oct 6, 2021 - Senior Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wise is the first company where I've experienced analytics being a strong integral part of the company. In addition there is a strong vision of where we are trying to get to with the product. Every single person I've met at Wise has been smart, interesting and curious to learn. It is a super friendly and motivating environment to work in.

Cons

Autonomous teams are the best, but when starting out it will take some time to get to know all the teams and how to get your ideas moving.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

GREAT Company to Work For!!!

Sep 30, 2021 - Senior Customer Support Associate in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Pay -Work/Life Balance (HUGE PLUS!!) -Benefits -Management (literally, the best management I have ever worked under) -Work from home opportunities -Job opportunities / advancement All around the people here at Wise are the best. From Team Leads to other agents, everyone is so friendly and willing to help! There isn't a time where I think that I can't do this job - I know I have the support of my team to help.

Cons

Work from home for onboarding/training. I won't lie - this was very difficult for me, especially starting in Customer Service. When you're in the office, you have more ability to panic as a new hire and ask for help, but at home - you are alone and sometimes people are busy and can't help right away. Sometimes you may get overwhelmed but its rare.

1 person found this review helpful