Find jobs for Intern

3.9
Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri
  1. COVID-19

"Slow interviews, poor handeling of coronavirus"

2.0
    Former Intern - Software Applications Engineer Intern in Pleasanton, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits, great office location.

Cons

The interview process took five months. I began to think they were ghosting me. I did finally get and accept an offer, only to learn a month later that all interns were being canceled as a result of the coronavirus.

2. "Software Engineer"

Former Intern - Intern - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Free snacks, great culture, great atmosphere

Cons

Nothing, it was great to work there

3. "Great company with many perks"

Former Intern - Software Development Engineer Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

1. Free snacks 24/7 2. Beautiful Pleasanton campus, ideal location for Bay Area residents as you'll most likely go against traffic to get there. 3. Really interesting and forward-thinking things happening in some key departments 4. Competitive intern pay 5. Interns are treated as full employees 6. People on my team were extremely smart, articulate, and most of all accessible 7. My team consisted of some of the coolest people I've ever had the privilege of working with 8. Unbeatable work-life balance

Cons

1. Some other intern projects seemed to be less substantial, so it really depends which department you get placed with. 2. I've been waiting on a decision with my return offer for around 3 months now. They kept delaying our decision over and over again. Really frustrating. 3. No discounts at the company store for interns ;)

Continue reading
  4. "Fun and chill place to work"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Had an amazing and chill team and had a lot of fun.

Cons

Maybe slightly too chill but otherwise I had fun.

"Workday Summer Intern Experience"

Former Intern - Talent Acquisition Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Workday cares a lot about its employees and wants them to have fun. Workday provides free snacks, there are a lot of outings and events at the headquarters, and speakers come to talk to Workmates. Workday also cares a lot about diversity and inclusion and has event to make all its employees aware of their mission. Workday cares a lot about its interns and ensures that you have fun and learn a lot.

Cons

I would say one con is the location of the headquarters. There isn't much to do around there, but it is a nice facility. I wish that my building wasn't so far from all the other buildings though. I also think Workday could push you to do more and be more challenging.

"Fun and creative"

Former Intern - Intern in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

Able to share ideas and get credit Lots of space to complete real projects

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to discuss a problem because their focus on culture makes it difficult to say anything that might be taken as negative

7. "Free reigns"

Current Intern - Advertising Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Workday for less than a year

Pros

The company is small and a lot of work is done, which means more experience. A lot of freedom to take on projects.

Cons

Needs more structure as a company.

8. "Amazing Experience as a Workday intern"

Current Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is like no other

Cons

Can't think of any cons..

"Great company to intern at!"

Former Employee - Software Applications Engineer Intern

I worked at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Internship program had tons of fun activities. The team worked hard to get you in and give you real, meaningful work

Cons

Working in a proprietary language that doesn’t translate to other places

"Workday is Cool"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Boulder, CO

I worked at Workday for less than a year

Pros

I had the great opportunity to work for Workday as a Masters student in what turned out to be a fulfilling experience. I worked there for a summer for well-planned internship program. After the developer-focused onboarding program, which was thankfully hosted onsite since relocating to the location felt like a trek in itself, I was helpfully walked through a structured program. While my program focused on aspects different from what most other interns focused on, I really gained a lot of insight for what it's like working in a highly structured, corporate development environment. Work was hard, but in the end, I feel like my efforts contributed a lot in the short time I was allowed to continue at the company. The future may lend itself to me returning there again after I finish taking care of unfinished things at school. It seems like the company is growing fast in its reputation, which to me is a sign of a company with healthy trajectory worth being a part of.

Cons

It seems working as a developer at Workday can take a lot out of you. Workers there seem to be interfacing not only among themselves as developers who care about mutual success, but also with customer complaints directly. Having to cater and respond to customer complaints while ensuring the tasks at hand given by managers, seems like the cycle of gaining requirements can get a bit cluttered. Given that workday has a "power of one" ideal, where all the work goes toward developing one product, and deploying one product, and responding to one product, a whole lot of pressure is put on everyone, at least from my perspective, to get pushed software right the first time. The entire company pushes its product to a specific user facing pipeline every Friday. Wow.

Found 33 reviews