Workday Reviews

Updated 30 Jun 2020

4.0
Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Great company culture, colleagues and management are generally sound, fairly flat mgmt structure

Cons

Dev work maybe not the most exciting stuff

"Fake company, diversity hires, backstabbing, tragic"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time

Pros

Free bagels and you can sandbag and not get fired if you want

Cons

Lots of racist initiatives where we only recruit diverse hires and invented new and shady evaluations done by internal diversity partners with different HC. Extremely difficult to move laterally in the company unless you’re military, diverse, etc. Unless workday is your only option I would avoid or get out ASAP. Don’t fall for any lies about company promoting growth.

"Great place!"

Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment, good management. good benefits

Cons

crunch time feels a bit longer than usual on occasion

"The best place Ive worked in"

Current Employee - HCM Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Management has great dedication to workers - Managers care about the workers - Great product

Cons

- Not that I can think of

Continue reading

"Not what I thought it was"

1.0
    Former Employee - Field Readiness in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company was freaking amazing, however, my team and placement wasn't. Had stocked food, a gym (at the HQ), fun festivals etc. It was like a carnival Friday

Cons

A high percentage of people that Work at workday are referred in, and I was a one off applicant. A LOT OF NEPOTISM. Perfectionistic team, that had no idea how to teach me something when I needed help and my manager was 26. She had lack of empathy, she couldn't understand me at an emotional level, and barley knew how to guide me and get me to know the ropes. When I was starting to 'underperform' due to my managers performance, tensions got really high and kept sinking to a low. They did not give me the choice to move to a different position. It's a shame for being branded as top performing company. Being an entrepreneur, it was hostile in terms of not being able to move from one are of the company to the other (at least to learn) when not in any meetings. The people who hired me (4 at a time), were not on my team when hired, which made the team dynamic intensely different. ******ATTN: If you are going to be a consultant, they made you take two tough exams that a lot of people fail. I was not aware of this IN MY INTERVIEW, and was told AFTER I WAS HIRED.

"Good culture and Positive Environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Singapore

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Trusting and fun environment. Act as a team

Cons

Certain decision are made top down.

Continue reading

"Amazing company. Horrible CSD department."

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Great stock and Employee purchase program. Great break room with free coffee, soda, juice, tons of difference snacks, food in the fridge and free Einsteins bagels every single morning.

Cons

Things change drastically, way too often and once you’ve been able to get a grip on those changes, they change again. The Corporate Sales Development department in particular is forcing its way to becoming a call center. It is no longer prospect driven it is now activity driven. It doesn’t matter if you’re hitting, or in my case, exceeding your quarterly quota within the first month of it. If you are not meeting the leadership placed requirements of calls during their “Power hours” you will not be recognized or recommended to get promoted or change roles. They purposely hire young kids fresh out of college with no prior job experience and pay them a decent base pay plus commission so that they can mold the kids to their way. They want “yes” people who say yes to any changes even if they are terrible ones. The minute you speak your mind about how wrong pushing these changes on people is they start treating you differently, and the difference is VERY evident and even uncomfortable. They will praise the person with 100 dials a day and 30% of quota and use them as an example of what is expected while the person with 20 dials a day and 130% of quota gets told they “are not performing.” Its truly sad because as a company is truly an amazing company. I would recommend working at Workday in any other department but CSD. They dont accept people who have their own style and experience in sales development that works. You won’t be appreciated.

Continue reading
  8. "Amazing company to invest one's career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture. Employee is one of the core values. Amazing people management Fun place to work Snack program Fresh fruits on site Competitive compensation

Cons

proprietary programming language. very few cons

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Brilliant company culture, brilliant software, best place I have ever worked

Cons

hard to get a pay rise - its all in stock grants which take 4 years to vest

"Proprietary ecosystem does not work very well"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and benefits, good culture and values, friendly management, nice and relaxed environment (including free foods and drinks), excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Proprietary technologies used to develop "the" application does not look as a good choice. Implications are in fact multiple, including the risk for developers to loose their skills about not only common programming languages, but also the entire ecosystem related to them. So not just a proprietary language but even the entire ecosystem. Developers cannot resell outside skills acquired.

Found 1275 reviews