YETI Coolers Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.4
YETI Coolers CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "YETI is a strong brand with great products and many people are attracted to it for those reasons" (in 8 reviews)

• "Back by 6 core values that are alive 365 days" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little to no opportunity to find a quiet space to focus, recharge, knock out some work without distractions, etc" (in 3 reviews)

• "Not the most convenient office location, work-life balance could be better" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Yeti is an amazing company with a great culture."

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. Passionate people who are open and collaborative to meet corporate goals. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Lots of collaboration across functions to grow the business. Strong Leadership with a clear vision of success and a strategy to achieve it.

Cons

The Yeti team is growing rapidly, and change is inevitable. Change is a part of the culture, but doesn't have to be a negative if you are comfortable helping a company change to meet market demands.

Advice to Management

I would strongly recommend Yeti as a great place to work and grow as a professional. Yeti is going through a lot of change as it grows to meet its full potential, but the core of Yeti's Culture and Values remain intact and help guide our strategy as we continue to mature as a business.

2. "Strong culture, with good perks, and supportive leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is strong globally and the employees truly live the core values every day. There is a lot of development and growth opportunities within the organization for employees. Good benefits, paid holidays, 20 days of PTO, 401k matching, free gym onsite, discounts on products and other outdoor companies, and subsidized lunch onsite. Overall I feel that YETI really gives back to its employees with the various events throughout the year. There are weekly and monthly learning opportunities to learn about what other departments in the org do.

Cons

Very fast paced ever changing environment where you must remain nimble and flexible to keep up with the constant change. Not much flexibility to work from home, YETI is big on office face time. Also, not the best maternity leave and no paternity leave.

3. "Love it! Extremely Growth Oriented"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is centered in it's core values and continuously strives to improve. I have never felt so challenged and so fulfilled in my professional life. Everyone in the company has so many amazing opportunities to engage with other departments and develop skills outside of their normal job duties.

Cons

Things can change quickly so if you aren't adept to change, and going above and beyond your job duties isn't your thing, then this isn't the place for you. You have got an amazing, talented, driven work force, so you have to stay on your A-game.

Advice to Management

Everyone has SO much going on it's hard not to sometimes conflict priorities but continue to work to align cross-department communications and planning.

4. "Relevant and Rewarding Workplace"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

YETI cultivates a very engaging and collaborative work environment that moves at a fast pace and rewards excellence. This is a great place for people who can identity an opportunity, design the solution and implement change through collaboration and consensus.

Cons

YETI is on the path to maturity so you have to be ready to lead the team on that journey.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture and continue to drive engagement as the business scales.

5. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

YETI has built a solid reputation for creating innovative premium products over the years. The culture at YETI is still entrepreneurial as the company expands. The Core Values that built the brand still exist and are embedded in every department and decision. Employees are given ample opportunities to grow and advance both personally and professionally at YETI.

Cons

Be prepared for a fast-paced environment that requires employees to be proactive and collaborative.

6. "Best Place on Earth"

Current Employee - Customer ServiceLead in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer ServiceLead in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Devotion to growth and development from the top down. YETI strives for constant improvement and fuels that drive of all employees to continue to grow with the company. YETI truly devotes its heart back to the employees and the community!

Cons

I can't think of one!

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for excellence!

"Work Hard/Play Hard"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, fast paced, good work/life balance, challenging, engaged leadership

Cons

Growing pains, founder owned to private equity to public, comes with the territory

Advice to Management

Keep up the push for career development, frequent and transparent communication is appreciated.

8. "Good Environment for Growth and Development"

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

YETI provides opportunities for continued growth and development. There is a culture of recognizing individual's strengths and helping to foster and mold them into skills that can be applied throughout the organization.

Cons

The fast growth has made it lose some of the small company feel. But the Talent team does a good job of trying to maintain the great culture throughout the organization.

9. "Great place and great brand, but most importantly great people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Lead in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Lead in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emphasis on personal growth and development, ownership and accountability are held in high regard, energy around the brand, collaborative and solution oriented thinking from MGMT

Cons

Can be hard to maintain work life balance when everyone cares so passionately about the work. It's easy to spend an extra hour at the end of the day to keep working on things.

10. "So much cooler..."

I have been working at YETI Coolers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have you ever worked for a company where, when you walk in the door, you feel like you are part of something incredibly special? I have liked my previous jobs, companies and colleagues, but there is something unique about YETI that sets it apart. It may be because its people practice and live by the company values, including my favorite: “No one succeeds alone.” It may be because as we continue to grow, we have maintained our authenticity to both our brand and our culture. We work hard, committing ourselves to relentless innovation whether we sit in Supply Chain, Finance or Design Engineering. On the flip side, we know how to have fun, and not take ourselves so seriously that we lose our genuine and unpretentious personality.
    The buildings and working spaces are beautiful; open floor plan, but everyone has a desk that moves from sitting to standing and includes double monitors. The cafeteria and cafe on campus serve great food and drinks and YETI subsidizes half the cost! Benefits are above par for a company it’s size and definitely competitive within Austin.
    All that said, the people are YETI’s greatest asset, a mix of employees who started the company who have been here from the beginning and those who have joined in the last couple of years of tremendous growth. Our long-time employees continually root those newer employees into an appreciation of what is a great YETI history.
    The leadership team, including our CEO Matt, is incredibly approachable. This is a group of executives who take time to get to know their employees, understand what each person does and how each impact YETI’s success. Best of all, they all have a great sense of humor and a habit of regularly recognizing employees throughout the company, not just their own organization.

Cons

To work and be successful at YETI, you need to have a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality. This is not the place to come if you’re not motivated to put in extra effort, which can mean extra time, while continually striving for improvement.
    YETI employees have a collaborative spirit which translates to an in-the-office culture – not a place for you if you enjoy working from home. The collaboration can also manifest itself in decision paralysis, but that has markedly improved since our IPO in October.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and hiring talented and committed people