YETI Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 28 Feb 2020

4.2
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
  • "People actually care about the core values(in 15 reviews)

• "Challenging but very fun work environment that is different everyday(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

"Hunt Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Hunt Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to find.

YETI2020-02-28
  2. "Awesome company to work for!"

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI is a great place to work. The business growth and expansion creates a lot of interesting situations and opportunities. Despite the rapid growth over the past few years, the company has maintained a focus on culture. The six core values are real (review them before interviewing!). There is a strong management team in place, and the company is well positioned to continue growth and performance for the foreseeable future. The strength of talent is a true attribute. There is still a smaller company feel with most employees located at company HQ.

Cons

Increased structure and focus on compliance as a result of public company status- overall a pro for the company, but difficult for some who are unfamiliar with those requirements to grow with the company.

YETI2020-02-28

"Great Company!"

I worked at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome leadership, great company culture.

Cons

Location of HQ, the potential for long hours

YETI2020-02-17

"Remains an awesome place to work but always room for improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI is a special place full of people who care about the product, improving YETI processes and programs and making us a career destination. The improvements in the last year with regard to Leadership Development, Compensation & Benefits, Process Mapping all while maintaining a crazy momentum is unparalleled. Unassuming, self-effacing leaders create an atmosphere where, if you have the drive and sense of urgency and most importantly, the curiosity to make things better, you will have found a home. People at YETI value smart decision making and hard work but it also values people who enjoy playing and have a good sense of humor. That's a rare combo. We reward and recognize our employees regularly and have been able to embrace our global workforce in a way that is totally inclusive.

Cons

Everyone (Leaders especially) are aware we still can make things better. It would be great to bake in some flexibility as it's truly an in-the-office culture. It certainly bonds teams and helps foster relationships, but can vary from leader to leader on allowing for some flexibility in hours and remote work. We're embracing technology solutions that will allow us to work more efficiently but it's not perfect and we know we have some work to do.

YETI2020-02-17

"Be an Agent of Change!"

Current Employee - Business Systems Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working at YETI because you can be an agent of change at any level within the organization. If you are inquisitive and ambitious, the sky is the limit in terms of what you can gain exposure to. YETI is constantly expanding into new physical and systematic frontiers; there's never a dull moment in IT. If you are a student of life, this is the best school you could possibly attend. I started as a BSA Generalist and have had the opportunity to work with Sales, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Finance, Marketing and Customer Service. We have so many exciting technology projects for 2020!

Cons

YETI is frenetic and fluid. You have to stay quick on your feet with a flow to work attitude, or it can be overwhelming to work here. At times, it can feel that the cost is high (hours, level of intensity, etc.). But I've found the benefit from opportunity always exceeds it.

YETI2020-02-03
  6. "Passionate and Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement at many levels, good cross-functional exposure and collaboration. Strong passion for the YETI brand and a cultural of continuous improvement.

Cons

Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better

YETI2020-02-11
  7. "Great destination for career development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

YETI promotes an environment of growth and development for the employees. The Talent team does a great job of recognizing hard-workers and giving people opportunities for roles they may need additional support and development in. Over the last few years I have had the good fortune to wear many different hats and work cross-functionally throughout the organization, and I am grateful to have been offered the chance to make an impact any way I can!

Cons

YETI has an open-floor plan work environment which can be distracting. I would like to see more quiet space set aside for individuals to focus, possibly with dock & monitor stations.

YETI2020-02-11
  8. "Growth and opportunity at an awesome company"

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for less than a year

Pros

massive growth that comes with opportunity to create systems, workflows and improvements significant discounts on internal and external products autonomy

Cons

fast growth that sometimes does carry over to systems lack of role clarity

YETI2020-02-05

"Amazing place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Talent Business Partner

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Abundance of opportunities to work on meaningful projects, don't feel like just another "cog in the wheel," it's easy to see the impact you're making in your daily work -The impactful and challenging work leads to accelerated development of skills and expertise -Surrounded by self-motivated employees who take ownership in how their work contributes to the success of the YETI Brand & products – culture of working hard and collaborating to drive strong results -Feedback-driven culture – quarterly feedback discussions with managers rather than formal, stuffy annual reviews – allows for more timely and frequent feedback and career development conversations -Hard work and strong results are rewarded through development opportunities (stretch assignments, mentorship, promotions) and Company-wide recognition -Sr. Leadership is present in the office daily, lots of opportunities for exposure to C-Suite whether in formal meetings/presentations or more casual settings -Great benefits – starting 4 weeks of PTO, paid service day, multiple options for medical/dental/vision; new and more competitive parental leave and 401k programs rolled out in 2020

Cons

-The Company is growing quickly and as we expand internationally, there's a lot of gray area and fast-paced changes, and employees need to be resilient and adaptable to succeed -If you’re looking for a job where you can “coast,” this isn’t the Company for you. The most successful employees are those who are self-motivated and not afraid to go the extra mile (whether that means getting out of your comfort zone, or putting in extra hours)

YETI2020-01-29

"Growth, Opportunity, Excellence"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at YETI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at an entry level position and have been able to work my way up to Associate Manager in just over 2 years. There is a culture of growth and development here with great support from peers and management. This company truly lives by the core values.

Cons

It is fast paced and there is a need for agility - this can be a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it!

YETI2020-01-30