YETI Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Dec 1, 2020

Found 19 of over 234 reviews

4.2
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
  • "People actually care about the core values(in 15 reviews)

• "I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 11 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Sports Marketing Specialist

Dec 1, 2020 - Community Marketing Specialist in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team and work environment

Cons

I have not had a complaint so far

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Oct 10, 2020 - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment! Store is very well managed, everyone is treated fairly and with compassion. I never dread going to work.

Cons

Sometimes general retail work can be a bit boring, but that’s just part of the job.

3. 5.0

Life at YETI

Sep 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Emotionally intelligent work environment; driven towards innovative thought; collaborative workforce; socially responsible senior leadership; and phenomenal commitment to YETIzens & the YETI brand.

Cons

Accepting the reality our resources will not allow us to drive change in all areas currently in need of change.

YETI Response

Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and feedback. We agree that our YETIzens are incredibly intelligent and innovative, and we’re glad that you appreciate the investment that our Senior Leadership Team makes towards our YETIzen workforce. As our business continues to scale, we will look strategically at our resources and how we can best equip our teams to drive toward results.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

May 16, 2020 - Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and people! Highly intellectual work environment.

Cons

Pay is not up to par for the industry.

YETI Response

Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on our culture, people, work environment and pay. YETI utilizes salary surveys and bench-marking data within the Consumer Goods Industry to determine competitive pay practices for our employees; We evaluate the entire package including base and variable pay, benefits, and company perks.

5. 5.0

Hunt Marketing Manager

Feb 28, 2020 - Hunt Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to find.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great destination for career development

Feb 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

YETI promotes an environment of growth and development for the employees. The Talent team does a great job of recognizing hard-workers and giving people opportunities for roles they may need additional support and development in. Over the last few years I have had the good fortune to wear many different hats and work cross-functionally throughout the organization, and I am grateful to have been offered the chance to make an impact any way I can!

Cons

YETI has an open-floor plan work environment which can be distracting. I would like to see more quiet space set aside for individuals to focus, possibly with dock & monitor stations.

7. 5.0

Relevant and Rewarding Workplace

Mar 7, 2019 - Senior Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

YETI cultivates a very engaging and collaborative work environment that moves at a fast pace and rewards excellence. This is a great place for people who can identity an opportunity, design the solution and implement change through collaboration and consensus.

Cons

YETI is on the path to maturity so you have to be ready to lead the team on that journey.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Yeti is an amazing company with a great culture.

Feb 27, 2019 - Senior Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work environment. Passionate people who are open and collaborative to meet corporate goals. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Lots of collaboration across functions to grow the business. Strong Leadership with a clear vision of success and a strategy to achieve it.

Cons

The Yeti team is growing rapidly, and change is inevitable. Change is a part of the culture, but doesn't have to be a negative if you are comfortable helping a company change to meet market demands.

9. 5.0

Dream Job!!!

Feb 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The products are amazing, fast paced dynamic work environment, intelligent, engaged and energetic employee base. Proud to be helping shape the YETI brand for the future!

Cons

I really can't think of any

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Having the best time in my career!

Feb 4, 2019 - Director Within the Company in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clear vision Exceptional people Engaged workforce Competent leadership team Challenging but very fun work environment that is different everyday Learning new things Lot of great perks that are unique to Austin Competent Leadership Team I am part of a company that creates and sells very technically sophisticated products that allow people, like me, to enjoy the outdoors which is something that is very cool.

Cons

We have recently transitioned from a private to public company which isn't a con, but rather requires that everyone operate with high levels of precision. People that were at YETI prior to going public will be expected to transition to some of the new ways of doing things which may be an adjustment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews