YETI Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

Found 15 of over 234 reviews

4.2
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
  • "People actually care about the core values(in 15 reviews)

• "I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 11 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work

Jan 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Making the best products with the best people. Great benefits and total respect for work/life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Micromanagement And No Work Life Balance

Oct 29, 2020 - Annoymus in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee discount and you can rent camping gears, kayaks , and coolers

Cons

Micromanagement, zero work life balance , low compensation for the amount of work you do weekly. Management is very reactive which causes extra work for everyone. Also no caress froth or professional development programs.

7 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and concern around management and communication. We encourage our people leaders to provide frequent feedback to, as well as solicit upward feedback from, their teams. We hope that employees can feel comfortable sharing what leadership styles inspire their best performance. We also foster an open communication pathway between managers and employees to discuss flexible work options as appropriate. Also, YETI strongly encourages our employees to take PTO throughout the year to relax, recharge, and spend quality time with friends and family whether it’s out in the wild, or relaxing at home.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Don't be fooled by brand reputation - terrible place to work

Aug 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Onsite cafeteria and product discount

Cons

On the surface YETI seems like it would be a good place to work - nice office, strong brand following, Austin company, however, that is all a facade. When it comes to what really matters, this place is not on par with other Austin companies. Zero work life balance and flexibility, this is a "butts in seats" organization. Executive leadership values how much time you spend in the office and your physical appearance instead of the quality of your output and skills. You can't trust HR because they are looking out for the executive team and not all levels of employees.

19 people found this review helpful

Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We want to address your concerns as they’ve been shared, starting with work/life balance and flexible work arrangements. YETI strongly encourages our employees to take PTO throughout the year to relax, recharge, and spend quality time with friends and family, whether it’s out in the wild or relaxing at home. We will continue to work with our employees on flexibility now and post-COVID to help ensure they meet their life demands outside of work. We foster an open communication pathway between managers and employees to discuss flexible work options as needed. Regarding your comments about our Talent team, our Talent partners strive to support our employees and do what’s right for our business as a whole. The team meets regularly with employees at all levels to ensure Talent can appropriately advocate for YETIzens across all functions. It is unfortunate to hear that you felt there was a culture of fear during your time at YETI. Our Core Values are at the heart of our culture and we would never condone fear tactics in our organization. Employees with concerns have many avenues to express them, be it directly to their managers or any member of leadership, to a member of the Talent Team, or through our anonymous YETI Ethics Hotline. All investigations and concerns from our YETIzens are taken extremely seriously and we’re hopeful that current employees will make us aware of any issues they may be having so that we can help rectify them.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Products, Not a Great Place to Work

Aug 6, 2020 - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Products and great employee discount

Cons

Horrible environment, disconnected management. Terrible pay. No work/life balance, you have to clock in and out and you get one hour for lunch. Chained to your desk to answer very upset customer calls and rightfully so because production is a complete mess and the company takes orders (=money) that they can't fulfill in any reasonable amount of time.

11 people found this review helpful

Director, Corporate Sales

Thank you for your feedback. We want to address your concerns as they’ve been shared, starting with work/life balance. YETI strongly encourages our employees to take PTO throughout the year to relax, recharge, and spend quality time with friends and family, be it out in the wild or relaxing at home. We have also delivered several new training opportunities this year, including our Built for Life series which focuses on employee well-being and aims to help employees achieve work-life balance and satisfaction. The training and tools are available to all YETIzens and we have received great feedback from our team members on our recent training. Regarding your comment about clocking in and out, as a non-exempt YETI employee it is of paramount importance that our employees are paid for all time worked and as such, we require accurate time logs. In terms of product fulfillment, the Company works hard to predict the demand for our amazing YETI products, and though rare, there are times when demand can exceed even our expectations. In those cases, we proactively communicate with customers to discuss if/when product delivery may be delayed and discuss other product options that might fit within their requested timeline. Our goal is to exceed our consumers’ expectations at all times, including when it comes to getting them their YETI product when needed.

5. 5.0

Hunt Marketing Manager

Feb 28, 2020 - Hunt Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to find.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place if you value Development

Jan 29, 2020 - Corporate Account Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products -- easy to sell -- awesome to use Develop through workload Increase skills across the board Stretch goals Opportunity to move forward Good people Good Leaders CORE VALUES -- culture

Cons

Systems that don't work properly Lack of commission in sales roles + capped bonuses Non-competitive compensation based on role/tenure/experience Staffing/alignment could use improvement -- some people have a much larger comparative workload than the rest -- difficult to get help without hard data Work/life balance seems to be going the wrong way, culture has taken a hit

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Corporate Sales

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you have actively participated in your professional development and have taken advantage of the development opportunities at YETI. We pride ourselves on a culture that promotes personal and professional growth. We understand that due to our rapid growth, our system capabilities can be strained and are working with various teams to solve issues and put in place solutions that will enable us to scale as YETI continues to grow. As these efforts take time, we appreciate your patience on this journey. When it comes to work/life balance, we want very much for you to enjoy your personal adventures and encourage all employees to utilize Paid Time Off, a floating holiday, and a day of service. We will continue to review and analyze our compensation offerings to ensure that we are competitive in the market and have fair pay practices. Again, we appreciate your feedback and your patience as we continuously strive for improvement in every aspect of our business.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Looks can be deceiving

Dec 2, 2019 - Outfitter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Good discounts Good restaurants near the office

Cons

This place is not what it seems. Managers play favorites and do not even try to cover it up. They will treat some people like gods and others like dirt and still claim that they try to be fair. Women who are attractive are given special treatment by the male managers. Crazy amount of micromanaging as well. Managers do nothing all day but goof around with each other and watch what you are doing all day. They can’t make up their mind if they want you to give every customer a great experience or get done with them quickly to move on to the next caller. No sick time, you have to use PTO. Management will get on to you about not showing up early every day and staying late, and at the same time get on to you about doing too much over time. You will be asked to work through your lunch constantly. No work life balance at all. They say this department is a good starting point and you can move anywhere in the company, but people only move in to sales and other departments won’t even look at you. Company culture is very corporate and a lot of politics go on, despite them claiming to be cool and relaxed. Barely any diversity. Stay away

12 people found this review helpful

Sr.Manager of Customer Experience

At YETI, we are committed to a culture of fairness in how our people are treated, professionally and personally. We promote diversity across our teams, and nurture an open and collaborative working environment. We understand the challenges of working on our Outfitter team, and that creating a consistent and high-quality experience for all customers can be demanding, especially during the holiday shopping season. When it comes to work/life balance, we encourage employees to take time off when they need it. We have recently brought on additional support within the CEG organization including Outfitters and resources focused on workforce planning and project management. We are also actively creating new tools and resources that will allow our employees to be more successful in their roles, better forecast our customer volume and support needs, and provide the superior level of engagement and experience we all want for our customers. Regarding feedback about managers who “goof around,” we appreciate these concerns and are addressing this with our team. We appreciate your feedback about your experience with our Outfitter team.

8. 2.0

Growing Brand, Dying Culture

Jun 13, 2019 - Corporate Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get the opportunity to represent the YETI brand, which is undoubtedly the strongest in the Outdoor Lifestyle industry. This translates into easy sales, and foreseeable company growth. The office building is great, and the benefits outside compensation are generous. Some of the friendliest coworkers you'll have the opportunity to work with.

Cons

ZERO work life balance - very little direction - constant change in "sprints" - poor compensation structure for company revenue drivers - capital hill of office politics - little authenticity to core brand

23 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work Hard/Play Hard

Feb 28, 2019 - Sales in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

High energy, fast paced, good work/life balance, challenging, engaged leadership

Cons

Growing pains, founder owned to private equity to public, comes with the territory

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place and great brand, but most importantly great people

Mar 4, 2019 - Customer Service Lead in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Emphasis on personal growth and development, ownership and accountability are held in high regard, energy around the brand, collaborative and solution oriented thinking from MGMT

Cons

Can be hard to maintain work life balance when everyone cares so passionately about the work. It's easy to spend an extra hour at the end of the day to keep working on things.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews