Yolk Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 23 January 2019

4.5
Dale Williams and Duncan Powell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best company i have ever worked for!!!
    They have a great family friendly atmosphere and promote making work enjoyable and fun. Senior Management are very supportive and are easily approachable with any queries/problems.

Cons

I cant say a bad word.

2. "Consultant"

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time

Pros

Training, people, office environment. It's a place where you are valued and your career is as important to Yolk as it is to you.

Cons

Yolk are the fastest growing agency in Wales so there can sometimes be growing pains. But they are always positive changes that enable the consultants to do a better job or earn more. It's better than working in a small, stale environment with no ambition.

3. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewards, Supper Club, Great atmosphere, Very supportive, Clear Career Progression.

Cons

Sometimes the air con is on too high... :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - I love my job and I love Yolk. Thank you for all the amazing opportunities.

4. "Autonomous yet supportive, fun yet professional..."

Current Employee - Divisional Head in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Head in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ serious money to be made (comms, intensive bonuses, annual bonus) if you put in the work
    + regular activity days/ night out / weekends away - work hard play hard culture
    + a modern, vibrant office
    + thorough initial training and throughout your career
    + specialists in your market
    + autonomy to make your desk your own but with support and guidance
    + career progression is tailored and the sky is the limit at Yolk
    + a lot of investment goes into training (from internal and external sources), technology, re-brands to keep us current and marketing
    + a BEER FRIDGE!

Cons

+ base salaries aren't the highest but you'll make more money with the best commission structure and bonuses
    + the lads hog the pool table and ps4
    + 8.15am start to capture the best talent (i'm not an early bird!)

Advice to Management

Keep engaging with your staff, listening to their needs and rewarding them for their hard work.

5. "Fantastic Company and group of people"

Current Employee - Group Finance Director in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Group Finance Director in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As the title suggests there is a fanatic group of people with a great team spirit and unity at Yolk. The Company boasts high levels of experience within its management structure which has been instrumental in developing those new to the business and with clearly defined goals which it expects rather than aims to achieve comes clear direction, support and opportunity to develop and progress regardless of the where you sit in the business. The Company will expect a lot from you but a lot will be given back in return; do well and you'll be enjoying nights out in some of South Wales' best restaurants, regular team nights out, an annual night away and Christmas shopping spree for the very top performers on top of the high levels of recognition, rapid progress and market leading earning structure.

From personal experience in the 3+ years i've been with Yolk its been great to see the business develop and continue to raise the bar; and with the leadership and infrastructure in place this should certainly continue for the foreseeable future.

Add to this, Yolk's has one of the best offices in South Wales, offering a great balance between work space and break out area's and is on the doorstep of Cardiff city centre there aren't many better companies in Cardiff for people who want to kick on and develop regardless of the stage of career they are at.

Cons

Whist the amenities of the city centre are walkable there is very little in the immediate vicinity for lunch so advice would be to bring your own and enjoy the break out area.

6. "Best Agency in Wales"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Directors are well respected in the industry, they will go above and beyond to help you succeed in your career not just as their employee.
    The company has invested heavily in tech and tools that simplifies the role and helps you get ahead of your competitors.
    Definitely one of the top 10 best offices in Wales.
    They embrace new ideas and give you the freedom to run your desk how you want to - Providing you perform of course.
    Transparent, rewarding and fair path of progression
    Pro-active, friendly back office support, the best I've ever worked with
    The most lucrative commission structure in the area.
    Lunch and Learn sessions (Free lunch!)
    There is a reason they have won numerous awards.
    Pool table, Beer Fridge, Xbox, Regular company nights out / events

Cons

Not necessarily a negative but the people that struggle are the people that sit in silence, worried about asking for guidance. If you don't know something or need help never be afraid to ask (anyone) for it. Other consultants will go out of their way to guide you but they do have targets too.

7. "Game Changing!"

Current Employee - Client Services Director in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Services Director in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people working in the right way, top commission, tons of autonomy, good benefits, beautiful office, ambitious Directors, great clients, constant innovation.......
    I've had the opportunity to progress from a consultant to a manager leading a team of consultants and into the Client Services role I hold today. The business supports sideways moves, moves up and moves into newly created roles, with a desire to get the best out of every one of us!
    We have a reputation for being the party starters of recruitment but it's the hard graft, late nights and constant desire to deliver a first class service that allows us to do that! The socials, team nights, supper clubs, target clubs and Friday beer o’clocks that have resulted in a unified team and why some of my favourite people are Yolk’s (past & present!)
    I’ve had the benefit of watching rookie consultants cutting their teeth in their first recruitment role at Yolk, to becoming confident and proud recruitment professionals, earning game changing commission, buying beautiful properties and fast cars!

If you're not happy with mediocre, you'll fit right in!

Cons

Turn the blo*dy air con down ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, innovating, inspiring and growing. You've made Yolk a genuinely amazing place to work for all of the YolkFolk - we salute you!

8. "Best recruitment company to date!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yolk provide the best training and support. When i started i had been in recruitment for 2 years before but since i joined here i have learnt so much more then i ever had at my last company.
    They make you feel so welcome from day one and really bring you into the "yolk Folk" family.
    Plus the benefits and career opportunities make you work so much harder as they offer the best of the best.

Cons

The director needs to make more carvery's. They are to die for. :)

9. "Yolk Folk"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Around 18 months ago I took the plunge from working in a educational/public sector environment to recruitment.

I can safely say it's the best decision I've ever made. I started on the associate scheme and had a very thorough 12 week training programme - to this day of course i'm still learning from the Senior Consultants/managers/directors. I've already had my first promotion and i'm on track to have another by the middle of next year!

If you want an amazing working environment which has a family feel to it, look no further. People at Yolk are not only colleagues but also great friends.

I would recommend it here to anyone!

Cons

One of the directors is a closet Sutton fan *claims to be a Chelsea fan* , the other is a Liverpool fan and is horrendous at Fifa..... Unfortunately you can't have it all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, great working environment and culture.. make sure all of the target clubs are on a fair level.

10. "Enjoyable, fresh environment"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Yolk Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recruitment is tough and requires its staff to be resilient and hard working. Yolk offer an environment that supports it's staff through the tough times and celebrates the wins.

A company that operates with a genuine family feel it keeps it's company values at the core of it's operations and continuously reiterates the importance of this to its staff members.

Networking across your industry sectors is encouraged which allows staff to immerse themselves in meetups and social events.

Management are supportive and encouraging, working hours are reasonable and remuneration is highly competitive across industry standards.

You'll struggle to find a better office space in Cardiff too!

Cons

Apart from the obvious (work a 4 day week, get a £10k pay rise!) Dunc and Dale run a good ship.

Advice to Management

The introduction of annual employee satisfaction surveys can be a good way to gauge the overall feel of staff and receive suggestions for ideas and improvements.