ZF TRW "zf" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

ZF TRW Employee Reviews about "zf"

Updated Jul 31, 2018

3.6
ZF TRW CEO Dr. Franz Kleiner (no image)
Dr. Franz Kleiner
Pros
  • "Great work environment that still celebrated - 'take your child days' with zest while I was working there(in 31 reviews)

• "Great people and exposure to real life work(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "upper management are nice but some people are put in the wrong position(in 16 reviews)

• "I did not experience any downsides at ZF(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "zf"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Materials Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at ZF TRW for less than a year

Pros

I loved working at ZF TRW, great environment and helpful organization.

Cons

I did not experience any downsides at ZF.

Advice to Management

Keep the same management and give students more opportunities for intern

ZF TRW2018-07-31
  2. "Customer Quality Manager"

I worked at ZF TRW full-time

Pros

Big company and highly technical processes. Lots of young engineers and professionals, highly skilled. Plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. I still keep in touch with old coworkers.

Cons

Getting from I385 to the plant is a pain. Adding a dedicated ZF access road would be ideal.

Advice to Management

None at this time

ZF TRW2017-07-26

"ZF TRW Body Controls Division = Anchor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at ZF TRW full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few nice people scattered about.

Cons

ZF TRW Global Body Controls Division has a real arrogant and condescending leadership structure starting at the top down through the top level of sales. Lack of technology, and vision from top management, who believe they are brilliant and clever, but in fact have done nothing to secure the future of the company. No respect for the customer, as they are only focused on short term gains and not long term... partnerships. They are an anchor to ZF TRW. Just do a google search and you will find out all you need to know about this division. The work/life balance....not here!! Keep looking!!

Advice to Management

Your reputation follows you, and word travels fast. I would suggest you take some personality classes. Respect your employees lives, even though you may think work is better than having a family.

ZF TRW2017-04-20

"Don't work for BCS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at ZF TRW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interesting product line with a mix of driver interface switches and devices, global business with sites in North America, Europe, South America, and China.

Cons

BCS is driven only by financial numbers and a ruthless desire to put profit ahead of people. The management team will not add the needed resources, so many people are working 10-12 + hour days on a regular basis and still falling farther and farther behind. BCS posted record profits in 2016 - the highest of any division in ZF -, but resources are not added and employees are not rewarded for their contributions. ... Only a small percentage are awarded the performance ratings needed to get the highest raises and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Hire some people and reward the ones you have that are contributing. Recognize that it's the people that are helping to achieve the profits.

ZF TRW2017-04-16
  5. "Benchmark (Kelsey Hayes)"

I worked at ZF TRW

Pros

Good place to work for and get promoted.Friendly staff to work with on both sides of the fence! Salary amazing! Miss everyone...

Cons

I would simply say that no organisation is perfect, but ZF TRW can do more to promote internal talent more often than the norm.

Advice to Management

Change is good and good people in your organization will only make you stronger!

ZF TRW2016-12-23
  6. "Principal Product Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Product Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at ZF TRW full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good co-workers, flexible working schedule, my immediate management chain is great. I love that we work as a team but there are still areas to improve on

Cons

Still lacking communication from upper management, some of the details of the ZF assimilation was not communicated well this made it seem a bit secret/closed door type which was a bit disappointing from their initial kickoff of the purchase. Benefits such as healthcare is too expensive and sucks.

Advice to Management

Better the communication down. Ensure the lower level employees understand how their part plays into the bigger picture. Communication is key

ZF TRW2016-12-23

"Materials Planner"

Former Employee - Materials Planner in Atkins, IA

I worked at ZF TRW full-time

Pros

Stronger automotive technology. Most of the personnel in the departmentsouthern that I collaborated with were great

Cons

I could have written the evaluation below a couple of months ago, but I wanted to give myself sometimes to reevaluate and be fair. Let me just say I left this company on my free Will. Now let's get on with the evaluation. This company is not quite what it claims to be. The Materials department is chaotic, with bad leadership. Management turns it head the other way when it comes to quality and procurement... practices. They make false claims to vendors regarding lost production time and try to get their vendors to pay for lost productivity due to late deliveries. I particularly found this unethical. They tied themselves to procurring parts from specific vendors for one product platform and a different vendor for the same part for another platform. They often find themselves in violation of mixing vendors without customer approval for deviation. From a pride in workplace point of view, a very prominent sign on the ZF TRW property reads "this is a tobacco free workplace ". Workers, some of whom are managers smoke, chew tobacco and vape on the premises. HR management, plant operations are all aware of it, and dismiss is as a part of the territory in Southwestern Virginia; so then, why the claim of a tobacco free workplace? I could go on with more examples, but if you are reading this, I believe you got the gist

Advice to Management

Management needs to put all the hours of ethical training into deeds. The right choices are never easy choices.

ZF TRW2016-12-17
  8. "Good"

I have been working at ZF TRW

Pros

ZF TRW is a global leading supplier in automotive electronics and they are working in Advance drive active safety systems and ZFTRW is employee friendly

Cons

ZF TRW is a slow management process.

ZF TRW2016-08-29
  9. "Changing Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at ZF TRW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and environment. I feel like my contributions are valued.

Cons

The acquisition by ZF has created a lot of work to do with lots of decisions yet to be made.

ZF TRW2016-04-28

"ZF TRW"

Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer (Mechanical) in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at ZF TRW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work atmosphere, flexible hours, great place to build ones self. Management is very supportive

Cons

TRW management has a very lean operations practice. Most departments do not have enough personel to support product without people feeling overwhelmed. Maybe as ZF continues to take over more operations,things will change.

Advice to Management

Hire more personnel to support product lines to ensure a superior product is delivered to customer.

ZF TRW2016-02-22