Zalando Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.4
Zalando CEO Robert Gentz
Robert Gentz
Pros
Cons
  • "Gehalt eher am unteren Ende dessen, was(in 30 reviews)

• "Salaries in commercial roles are not great for German standards(in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Very diverse and challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing People and Culture, very diverse, chance to work with people from all around world and from very different companies. Nice perks, a lot of events, meetups, celebrating diversity.

Cons

Too many organisational changes in a very short time

Zalando2019-06-14

"Great people and great culture"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Berlin

I worked at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people for sure. I had respect for every level of management above me. Worked with some amazing colleagues. Everyone strives to live the values and the management aim to be transparent, communicative and to address the issues that matter. Although it is an already diverse company they are making it a focus. There is a lot of support for people who want to make a difference.

Cons

It is a big company full of talent and sometimes it makes it hard to stand out and to be given opportunities and to be recognized for going above and beyond - because all my colleagues were doing the same! It pushed me but was also discouraging as someone who was eager to progress. Zonar is the performance management system which can work against you depending on when you enter the cycle. I applied for a couple... of internal positions and the response time was incredibly long

Advice to Management

More social events to bring people from over departments together to help with collaboration but also people who are new to the city and are looking to make friends.

Zalando2019-10-16
  3. "Good employer"

I have been working at Zalando full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours, fast-paced environment, family friendly.

Cons

Shopping can be addicted

Zalando2019-10-15
  4. "Zalando Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment to work here in Zalando

Cons

To my experience there is none yet.

Zalando2019-10-15

"Great place to be innovative and grow!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Zalando is something I can recommend to everyone who likes to work with many different people, from different business backgrounds as well as cultural backgrounds. I really appreciate that people respect each other and that your leads trust you with the projects you are working on. There is a lot of room for creativity and suggestions and many possibilities to grow and move internally.

Cons

Zalando is a fast moving company, adapting quickly to changes in the markets, etc. So if you are someone who does not want to work in an environment which constantly changes, maybe this might not be the perfect place for you.

Zalando2019-09-25

Zalando Response

October 1, 2019Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your review. We also love how international it is at Zalando. Glad to have you on board!

"Dynamic and young company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is young and dynamic. They have the will to improve the fashion business and put the customer first. I like the easy-going mindset and all the initiatives to make their employees happy. Everybody still have the start-up spirit even though the company is today quite big.

Cons

The attrition rate is high and there are very often changes of the leadership, sometimes the changes of structure or strategy are not transparent.

Advice to Management

The high attrition rate is really a pain point for those who want to stay, I had to start all over again with a new team (new colleagues and new leads) after only 9 months in the company and it was very difficult. I think also that efficiency and sustainability should be the most important topics for the future of Zalando.

Zalando2019-10-07
  7. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Business Engagement Specialist in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, diversity, open minded, family friendly, English as a main language, young, positive, big thinker, career development, great benefits,

Cons

Chaos in the processes

Zalando2019-10-09
  8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Zalando full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I don't have any negative experience

Zalando2019-10-09

"Awesome place to work."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome offices; Nice environment; Good benefits for employees; People are really worried about the staff and try always to improve;

Cons

Salaries are not that competitive; Many changes in the management staff;

Zalando2019-10-06

"High impact and personal growth, alongside great colleagues"

Current Employee - Consultant in Berlin

I have been working at Zalando full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The talent you work with and the atmosphere created through working surrounded by great, motivated and intelligent people. - Very steep growth curve and ability to grow not only upwards, but sideways to expand knowledge base - Projects have high impact and can directly see the results of your work

Cons

- Company is growing into (an agile/ young) corporate, if you are looking for a true start up style environment, you won't find it here - Working hours can be intense, you grow fast, but that comes with short deadlines, increasing pressure etc. If you don't thrive in this kind of environment, worth to consider a different company.

Advice to Management

Find ways to increase collaboration as we grow bigger - knowledge shared is knowledge doubled

Zalando2019-09-30

Zalando Response

October 1, 2019Employer Branding

Thanks so much for your review. We love that you called out the impact and that you can see the results of your work! Clearly you are living Our Founding Mindset. Thanks for your advice. We're glad to have you at Zalando.

Found 648 reviews