Zalando Reviews

Found 917 of over 1K reviews

3.8
Zalando CEO Robert Gentz
Robert Gentz
Pros
  • "innovation friendly fresh new good working environment(in 61 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is totally achievable, and you feel supported by your lead at all times(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low salary for German standards(in 27 reviews)

• "My Team lead salary was 70K or less(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

It's pretty good environment.

13 Mar 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great in here in this Company.

Cons

There are no disadvantages. It's the most friendly environment.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Quality assurance chemist at chemistry lab

24 Apr 2021 - Laboratory Chemist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am the best employees for your company I believe myself to do efficient work also like to work in team's

Cons

I believe work should be timely, with following safety we are responsible for our safety .

3. 4.0

nothing much

5 Apr 2021 - Project Manager in Hooghly
      Business Outlook

Pros

work culture is pretty sophisticated

Cons

some people are really troublesome

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Good Good

22 Jul 2020 - Administrative in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Good Good Good Good

Cons

Good Work Life balance, work from home

5. 5.0

Best Workplace & Pleasant Company Culture

3 May 2021 - Project Manager in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

After 2 years of working with Zalando, I still feel that it's such a great luck to work here. The more time passes, the more love I have for this work place. I even feel more energetic, excited and motivated than the very first days. I can now fully say that it's the first happy workplace I have ever known that truly care about the employees. I love how we all can work efficiency and have a great work-life balance. I personally love working from home, but it's the first company that make I think everyone missing being in the office since we have really beautiful office, enough space to breath and a large desk to work comfortable. - Care for the employees, support during the pandemic and home office - Open and friendly company culture - Fair salary - Advancement opportunities - Free fruits and cold drinks in the office - Dogs allowed - Children can be bought to the office, there are rooms for this case

Cons

Zalando may not have contributions to capital formation or bonus for Christmas, but Zalando has many more cool benefits that the other companies do not have.

6. 1.0

Zero transparency, total chaos

27 Apr 2021 - Applied Scientist in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- It's one of the largest employers in Berlin, and has a decently sized HR department. - They sell enough, especially with the pandemic, that there's enough money in the corp. - There are good initiatives in the company when it comes to responsible stuff, such as diversity and inclusion, sustainability, data privacy, etc. - There is a works council now (Betriebsrat) which is holding the corp accountable.

Cons

- They live in the past century, and think people still need to go to the office to do tech. - The company is moving towards a corporate style kind of work, where tech is not important and only the final product matters. Most developers are now disengaged. All exciting tech is the leftover from previous times, now it's all about using whatever makes it fastest to deliver a product. - In the all hands, the senior management almost never answers any questions in a clear and satisfactory way. - The CEO who was the diversity and inclusion champion has resigned, so that aspect is now in the hands of people who don't really care. - The company uses its active members in the diversity and inclusion scene as tokens w/o wanting diverse opinions. - There is almost no internal transparency when it comes to sensitive subjects. They keep talking about transparency, but nothing sensitive ever gets discussed or properly investigated. - There is an evaluation for all employees twice a year, where they collect a ton of data about employees w/o giving them that data, and for most of the year people are under the stress of the two evaluation rounds. Add that to the fact that it's easier to leave the company and join at a more senior level than moving up the ladder internally.

5 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work in Berlin

17 Jun 2021 - Software Engineer in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

challenging work with millions of users

Cons

lots of meeting and many layers

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice Company overall, suffered from chronic understaffing on the team

19 May 2021 - Tech Support in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting and varied work, very sharp learning curve. Nice bonuses like 40% discount on selected Zalando articles, new iphone ect. Beautiful office and fair treatment. For the most part great team spirit and lots of good memories working for the company, an incredible amount of learning new skills and a very supportive team lead.

Cons

Chronic understaffing on the team for over a year, which lead to feeling burnt out with work load and expectations. Perks like flexible working hours were taken away from the team with no notice, and goal posts moved often. The work was unmanageable at times and difficult to prioritise as the structure of the new team was in progress and this had caused some difficulties. I'm sure it would have been resolved by now however, and teething problems to some extend were normal.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to start career

11 Jun 2021 - Junior Merchandise Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice work atmosphere- cool and open minded people! People Support each other, of course there might be exceptions with min Teams, but overall there is always someone you can count on!

Cons

Being promoted takes a bit longer but then again it’s a big company - you can’t just ask for a promotion every 6 months

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice international colleagues

29 May 2021 - Buyer in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Lot of responsibility early on -Generous with team events -Nice colleagues

Cons

-The office where I was located was very cramped with no AC which made it hard to function during hot summer days -Management was not the strongest in terms of team leading abilities, although I felt supported when needed -I didn't work long enough to have my yearly review but from what I heard from colleagues is that it is unfair and that people get held back from progressing in case colleague(does not need to be in a managerial position) rates you in an unfavorable manner.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 917 Reviews