Found 1,500 of over 2T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech India
hello All, Please help me out in clearing a doubt regarding my CTC figure. I have this line written in my offer. "Your Annual CTC will be 20,50,000. These benefits and other terms and conditions of your employment will be as per company policies as applicable. As per the Performance Bonus Program 2023, you will be eligible for a bonus opportunity up to 5% of your annual income drawn in 2023." They have not mentioned any performance bonus in compensation breakout. what would be my ctc?
Got a burning question about Zendesk? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Zendesk employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are a lot of teams to help you get the answers you need and there are some really great people who work here." (in 208 reviews)
- "As above Zendesk has a great culture based on it's people and trying to do the right thing." (in 171 reviews)
- "Also wellbeing benefits are great" (in 119 reviews)
- "Flexibility and great work life balance" (in 97 reviews)
- "Great colleagues and a fun atmosphere." (in 44 reviews)
- "Bad management for the Latam region" (in 45 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is out of touch and need to align what they say the businesses goals are with the strategic decisions they are making." (in 34 reviews)
- "Lack of experience that some managers have who may be out of their depth?" (in 33 reviews)
- "There are no career progression plans and no promotions." (in 17 reviews)
- "Upper management and HR were aware of this said manager's behavior, but did not show any support to the employees affected by this." (in 12 reviews)
- 3.010 Aug 2023Enterprise BDRFormer Employee
Zendesk goes above and beyond industry standards to ensure that its employees are well compensated for their dedication and hard work.
I had the unfortunate experience of working at Zendesk, and I can confidently say that it was one of the most mentally and emotionally taxing periods of my professional life. The primary source of this distress was none other than my partial manager, who seemed determined to make my time at the company a living nightmare. From the moment I joined, it became evident that my manager had a personal vendetta against me. Despite putting in immense effort and consistently hitting my targets, I was subjected to constant micromanagement, undue pressure, and a complete lack of support. The breaking point came when I was inexplicably placed on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) for over three months, a period of utter humiliation and demoralization. Despite investing countless hours and sacrificing my well-being to meet the demands of the PIP, my manager's attitude remained hostile and unsympathetic. To my disbelief, after finally achieving the objectives outlined in the plan, I was told to leave the organization without any explanation, without any opportunity to voice my concerns, and without any communication from the HR team regarding any wrongdoing on my part. The toxic environment fostered by my manager's behavior had severe repercussions on my mental and physical health. The constant stress, anxiety, and feeling of being unfairly targeted took a toll on me that extended far beyond the workplace. It's disheartening to think that a company like Zendesk, which boasts about its positive work culture, allowed such a detrimental situation to persist. Looking back, I deeply regret ever crossing paths with this manager. Their actions have left a lasting negative impact on my professional confidence and overall well-being. I sincerely hope that nobody else has to endure the kind of mental and emotional torture that I experienced during my time at Zendesk. My advice to anyone considering working there is to proceed with caution and be prepared to face a potentially hostile and unsupportive work environment.4
Zendesk Reviews FAQs
Zendesk has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,686 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Zendesk to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
67% of Zendesk employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zendesk 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.