Zenefits Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.7
Zenefits CEO Jay Fulcher
Jay Fulcher
Cons

"Tech savvy company with great potential"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Though I joined them a few months back but I am excited about the work we are doing. It's been a good journey and am proud of my decision. The engineering team is relatively small but you get to learn a lot from the diverse set of employees especially the one's who have worked with Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon and start ups. The environment is fast paced and I just love the USA office, I wish we have similar office... in Bangalore

Cons

Bangalore office is in a co-working space and is not very exciting. We need to ramp up quickly and move to our own space and add some fun to daily work.

Advice to Management

Hire quickly and move to our own space. Improve on benefits and perks to employees

Zenefits2016-02-17

"Great Company with amazing culture and lots of potential"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- company has a strong mission and makes it clear what it is we’re playing for and trying to accomplish in the marketplace - really fun work environment and culture in Tempe office and management is constantly encouraging team members to get involved in side projects that they have a personal interest or passion in. - management listens and responds quickly to customer and employee feedback to make improvements... - fast pace which is fun, but can also be exhausting at times if you don’t have the right mindset for working in this type of environment...definitely not your typical 9-5 - C suite is transparent and makes themselves available to team members at all levels

Cons

- fast pace...sometimes too fast which doesn’t allow us to fully finish what we’re focused on, this is most common in product, but it’s also true with customer experience teams...it’s gotten better in the last 12 months, but consistency is key - growing quickly and with growth comes growing pains, not necessarily a bad thing, but just something that management needs to keep a close eye on

Advice to Management

- company is trying to accomplish a lot so make sure people are focused on the right activities and projects. - with Sales team growing in Tempe, it’s easy to lose the close family feeling with the team so make sure we continue to facilitate office events/activities that drive cross team collaboration

Zenefits2019-10-10

October 14, 2019People Representative

Thank you for your positive review! We really appreciate you taking time to share this with us. We are constantly looking to improve and take your feedback seriously.

"Great for many reasons"

Former Employee - Biz Ops in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zenefits is a storied silicon valley company. It's been through a lot. It's amazing to see how well the company is doing now. The people and the pace of the company attract people who are in it for the right reasons: great people doing awesome work to address a big opportunity.

Cons

Zenefits will always have to deal with its past. But that's part of the fun.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Zenefits2019-10-06

"Excellent leadership, meaningful work"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experienced leadership who know the business, have a long history of winning, and are clear minded about where we are going. There's a lot of room for learning and growth.

Cons

There’s a lot of work that still needs to get done and a tendency to jump first and figure out how to fall second.

Advice to Management

Encourage root cause analysis and problem solving over headcount, and keep reminding everyone what we are playing for.

Zenefits2019-09-28

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid C level leadership that knows the business, understands the market, and has a history of winning. Great product with a purpose - to help the small to midsize customers succeed. Culture that encourages innovation and learning. If you want to advance your career this is the place to be!

Cons

None I can think of

Zenefits2019-09-23

September 30, 2019People Business Partner

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to see people learning and advancing their careers here at Zenefits!

"Great People and Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Pbp in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are smart, friendly, generally care about one another and the mission of the company. There is a lot of autonomy and room to stretch yourself. Fresh outside-of-the-box thinking is encouraged. Lots of opportunities for learning and growth, there are many examples of people moving departments to follow career interests.

Cons

Move a little faster to recognize and solve problems. Hold people equally accountable across different functions and levels.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts to connect with people and share authentic stories around the mission, the challenges, and what is most exciting.

Zenefits2019-09-18

"Great place to learn and grow professionally!"

Current Employee - People Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great place to make an impact. I have the opportunity to take on exciting challenges on a regular basis. Not only do I get to learn and grow in the process, but I also get to see first hand how my work impacts the success of the organization. I love that I get to work with a group of dedicated, talented, curious, and diverse people as well. Together we do some really cool things. The workplace culture is... great - everyone is helpful and I can see our sales and customer experience teams doing the right thing for our customers on a regular basis. Also, I can see and believe in our path to success.

Cons

I thrive in an environment of change, and we're pretty good at getting the right people involved in changes, but we do make changes quickly. If that's not your thing, I could see it being challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our people and culture. It's paying dividends.

Zenefits2019-09-04

September 30, 2019People Business Partner

Thanks for being a part of the ZenNation team! We're right there with you, helping our teams do right by our customers and employees.

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Top level management is better than before

Cons

Poor work life balance but improving

Zenefits2019-08-31
  9. "Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Product Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Cliques - Air of pretentiousness - Gender driven - False sense of security - HR will throw you under the bus - Free snacks & catered lunch

Cons

- Underpaid in comparison to SF counterparts, a real startup bases pay off of fair wage for effort put in but Zenefits is fine paying you just enough to pay rent in PHX, one of the cheapest places to live but I guess that's probably because it's not a startup anymore - Attrition, company will just fire you for almost any reason and try to play it off like they are in the right. Incredibly impressed how many fake... reviews (employees persuaded) they had to have published to hit a 3.5 star on Glassdoor - Lack of retention, revolving door around here - Lack of integrity, once you're in it you see just how fast and loose the rules really are.. until they're not. Some people can get away with murder ( it's a figure of speech Zenefits, try not to blow this out of proportion like you do everything else) in this company (*cough* HR *cough*) - Lack of job security, you can be great at your job but if you're not befriending the right people it really doesn't matter - Lack of management experience, this company will literally promote anybody to director only to quickly realize it was probably a mistake later and just cut them entirely but that doesn't matter, it's about the story

Advice to Management

You should probably just quit and find a company you're proud to work for instead of trying to scrape by on a false brand.

Zenefits2019-10-01
  10. "Not the best"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Zenefits full-time

Pros

Food, location, opportunities, connection making.

Cons

Probably everything else was terrible.

Zenefits2019-09-10

September 30, 2019People Business Partner

I'm sorry to hear your experience at Zenefits was not up to your expectations. We're always working to make Zenefits a great experience for all of our employees, so if you would like to share specific feedback with us, we'd love to connect. You can reach our People (HR) team at people@zenefits.com and share more with us.

Found 492 reviews