Zenefits Reviews

Updated 28 May 2020

3.8
Zenefits CEO Jay Fulcher
Jay Fulcher
Pros
  • "In addition to the standard free food, solid benefits, etc(in 31 reviews)

• "The people and the pace of the company attract people who are in it for the right reasons: great people doing awesome work to address a big opportunity(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Zenefits full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a modern HR Technology company which is really robust, then Zenefits is the place to be associated with. Transparency is the key and the leaders are so warm enough making this a true "Great Place to Work." Very flexible environment to work, good scope to learn and grow along with the organisation. Voice of every individual is heard and actioned upon. Good paymaster.

Cons

None to mention as there isn't anything

Zenefits2020-05-21
  2. "Good for benefits and work life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Zenefits full-time

Pros

Good for benefits and work life balance

Cons

Not suited for high paced individual

Zenefits2020-02-10
  3. "Place to go to if you are looking for perfect work life balance"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Unbeatable work and office culture - Ownership and freedom on part that you own. No hierarchy - Great like minded people to work with - Complete end-to-end knowledge of the entire product

Cons

- Things are changing for/inside the company which can be a good as well as a bad thing - Attrition rate - Lack of innovation

Zenefits2020-01-17

"Tech savvy company with great potential"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Though I joined them a few months back but I am excited about the work we are doing. It's been a good journey and am proud of my decision. The engineering team is relatively small but you get to learn a lot from the diverse set of employees especially the one's who have worked with Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon and start ups. The environment is fast paced and I just love the USA office, I wish we have similar office in Bangalore

Cons

Bangalore office is in a co-working space and is not very exciting. We need to ramp up quickly and move to our own space and add some fun to daily work.

Zenefits2016-02-17
  5. "LOVE working here!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

The reason I love working at Zenefits so much is because of the leadership we have, from sales team all the way up to the CEO. On the sales side, everyone is looking out for each other and want to see each other win regardless of what team or what position you're in. The sales executives and management trust us to do our jobs (rather than other leaders I've worked with at other companies who micro manage) and are very hands on, supportive, and want to help everyone get better every day. From the overall company standpoint they are very employee focused, transparent, and forward thinking. Not only that but it's a fun place to work, where many colleagues turn into friends, tons of fun activities, and never a dull moment!

Cons

Although we are a fairly mature company, we still act as somewhat of a startup. Being in a startup means things are constantly changing, and a lot of the times people are just trying to figure out what works, which may not be a fit for everyone.

Zenefits2020-05-28
  6. "Opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to grow as a sales person. Constant learning and collaboration between the teams and sales reps.

Cons

Complex sales across many industries, but a lot of opportunity

Zenefits2020-05-27
  7. "Amazing Career Opportunities & Supportive Employer"

Current Employee - SDR in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zenefits is a great place for career progression and growth. Leadership is always encouraging you to learn more and better yourself. There are multiple outlets for advice and tools available for you to succeed. Work/culture environment is welcoming, inviting and in tune with today's society.

Cons

Constantly changing as most SaaS companies do, so if you enjoy stagnant work environments this is not the place for you.

Zenefits2020-05-22
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very nice working environment. People are nice and friendly. Very friendly to people coming from outside of US. The company has a Vancouver office in Canada. Good pay. Fun social events. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Sometimes need to have work hours in the early morning or night to meet with people from the other side of the world.

Zenefits2020-05-21
  9. "Proud to be a Zenefits Employee"

Current Employee - Tax Services Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at Zenefits for going on 5 years now, and have spent most of that time on the Customer Care branch. Over my time here, I've been afforded some amazing opportunities on career growth as well as a chance to learn and utilize some great skills I didn't go into the company with. In my time, we've had a consistent message in our company values to practice what we preach. When it comes to being an HRIS company, our day-to-day is always about how best to treat our customers, and how to give them all the tools we can so that they can do the same for their employees. One of the biggest moments where I'm reminded of the fact we still operate with a steadfast integrity is that our CEO let us know that even during these tumultuous times during the COVID-19 outbreak, he turned down the small business loan offered by the government to allow for those funds to be given to clients similar to our primary customer base. We know that the money would be a welcome relief to others, and wanted to make sure we were doing what we could inside and outside of our company to help our active and potential client base of Small and Medium businesses. I've always been proud of being a Zenefits employee, but it's moments like this that really exemplify why. It's a busy, chaotic time (as it is with many people during these uncertain times) but it's the best job I've ever had.

Cons

Can be stressful at times.

Zenefits2020-05-20
  10. "A pleasure to work with amazing people on problems worth solving."

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zenefits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive managers and leadership, a People Team who genuinely care, and peers who look out for you and support you.

Cons

Everybody has great intentions, we can definitely go further with more aggressive cross team prioritization.

Zenefits2020-05-20