Zeno Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 28 Feb 2020

3.5
Zeno Group Chief Executive Officer Barby K. Siegel
Barby K. Siegel
Pros
  • "A fun and friendly agency with a great culture(in 7 reviews)

• "great place to work, great culture, supportive teams members(in 6 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place to learn"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome office & fun place to work - learn & grow

Cons

- Agency life - Long hours and office politics

Zeno Group2020-02-28

"Great Place To Work + Company Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Zeno Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started as an intern for 6 months and was hired on as an AAE. As an intern you can participate in extra curriculars and attend happy hours to get to know your colleagues. Definitely an experience where you get out of it what you put into it. Similar to ANY other experience it forces you to go out of your comfort zone - if you make an effort to get to know your teammates it is a great place to work. Best piece of advice is to raise your hand to participate in everything - shows you are willing to learn and will likely result in a decrease of "busy work" that you're handed.

Cons

long hours from time to time, but that happens with every job which is why you want to work at a place you are passionate about

Zeno Group2019-11-23

January 7, 2020Chief Talent Officer

Thanks so much for providing feedback and for the great advice you've offered to people who might be considering an internship at Zeno.

3. "great agency with excellent perks"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zeno Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zeno has many benefits including "Zeno Fit," a monthly reimbursement for wellness activities up to $60, generous PTO, full week off for Christmas through New Years, and more.

Cons

Typical agency life of working long hours, on multiple projects at once, etc.

Zeno Group2019-10-02

January 7, 2020Chief Talent Officer

We're so glad you are making the most of the benefits and perks available to Zeno employees.

"Complete misery"

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people I worked with were great colleagues and I made some really good friends.

Cons

3MZ is the worst place I’ve ever had the misfortune to work in. The agency suffers huge problems from the top down. The senior team are completely detached from the day-to-day work of the agency - dysfunctional, unprofessional, uncommunicative, unsupportive, uncaring and downright callous. They strive to foster a cliquey and backstabbing culture in which people who play politics are rewarded. This leaves no room for those working hard to develop or grow. While senior team members head off at 5.30, they’ll expect you to put in ridiculously long hours. It was normal for me to work 10 hour days, five days a week – with no thanks or attempt to address the issue. Try and raise this problem and you’ll be told that you ‘need to address how you work’. Legitimate concerns and problems are always swept aside, leaving a toxic and inconsiderate working atmosphere. Tasks are often not briefed in correctly by senior management to team members who are completely out of their depth, tired and stressed. This occasionally resulted in people being shouted at the on shop floor – making 3MZ more reminiscent of a class room than a place of work. It was abject misery to work here. I would advise people to steer well clear of 3MZ.

Zeno Group2019-04-11

June 12, 2019Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for the advice. We recognize that there are times when work is extra busy but we monitor that closely and engage additional support from freelancers and new hires to keep things in balance. Flexible working is offered to everyone so people are free to get their work done in a way that suits the task. We’re always open to constructive suggestions for improvement so please feel free to contact ian.green@3monkeyszeno.com for a chat in confidence.

5. "Intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zeno Group for less than a year

Pros

Great people and great culture.

Cons

Not many cons except long hours.

Zeno Group2018-05-11

"Great leadership and culture in Silicon Valley"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of positive things to say about the team out of the Silicon Valley office- leadership believes and supports the entire team and everyone is working together to continue to build the culture that promotes individual growth and positive collaboration. The team knows how to get things down in a successful way, while also having a great time doing it. You won’t find a better culture that makes it a top priority to help grow its junior staff. There is a reason that the Silicon Valley office maintains such a successful team- and that’s because of the people.

Cons

Similar cons that you would have in other agencies- always having to stay connected due to client demands, potential for long hours- but that’s expected in the world of PR. You do what you have to do to get the job done, and you have to master time management. Even though these are things that are common and employees need to deal with, management is aware and tracks what the team is doing. There is a support system is place to help during those crazy times, and make sure that when possible, there is a balance and opportunity to recharge.

Zeno Group2017-04-20

"intern"

I worked at Zeno Group

Pros

some great, smart, creative people

Cons

long hours, bad pay, unprofessional management

Zeno Group2016-08-02

"Rough"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Zeno Group

Pros

Big-name accounts. Many people start off as interns and work their way up.

Cons

Degrading managers/supervisors, unnecessary high pressure. Asking questions is pretty discouraged — when you do ask, you’re met with vague and irritated responses. Long hours — interns are expected to work nine hours a day before overtime, which they get plenty of anyway. Sometimes you’ll get to do real PR work as an intern, but mostly you’ll be organizing closets and sending out dozens of mailers. It’s a very hierarchal environment — nobody is quiet about the fact that entry-level employees are made to feel at the bottom of the food chain. It really does take a certain type of person to climb the ladder in this kind of environment, but if you have a steel will and are unfazed by hostile and uncaring managers, then you could really succeed here.

Zeno Group2016-03-25

March 29, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. Many of our current staff started as interns with Zeno and continue to build successful careers with the agency. Like all employees, we endeavor to present interns with valuable work experience, albeit entry-level, allowing them to contribute to both client accounts and agency projects. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience personally so we can learn from it. You can reach us at HR@zenogroup.com.

"Collaborative, high energy, passionate"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aside from the nuts and bolts pros of working at Zeno -- great benefits package, generous vacation and holiday time, fun/innovative work spaces -- it truly is the culture and the people that make this a great place to work! My coworkers are extremely creative and passionate people and that plays out in the work they do for our clients. The culture encourages collaboration and teamwork in and out of the office, and it allows for personal and professional development at all levels. The junior staff are exposed to senior leaders and clients in a way that they wouldn't get a larger agency and the more mid-level/senior staff are constantly being exposed to new situations that give them opportunities to think creatively and push the boundaries of what PR can do. Coming from someone who isn't on the PR side of the business, I can happily say that all the above apply to the administrative functions as well. We're always looking for best practices and new processes to streamline the overall business and to enhance the culture as we continue to grow globally.

Cons

The "cons" with Zeno are the ones that apply to a lot of other agencies. It's necessary from time-to-time to put in some long hours to get the job done and you also have to juggle multiple client needs at the same time. The great thing about Zeno is that the community here provides a real support system for when busy season hits, and we're all willing to go the extra mile to help each other out in tough spots.

Zeno Group2013-07-17

"Very negative agency experience here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Zeno Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's hard for me to think of pros from my time I spent working at Zeno, other than it helped me understand better the type of enviroment and supervisor I wanted in my next position.

Cons

- Infrastructure of company is seriously lacking and not even close to being up to speed with other PR agencies. - Technology is behind the times, and the NYC office is not conducive to doing work or having private conversations, with either other colleagues or clients. - Long hours are the norm because the agency simply does not have the appropriate staff resources. New business is the norm as the agency does not have a stable list of profitable, long-term clients. - Compensation and benefits are not in line with what other PR agencies offer. - For PR people who want to do more than just media outreach, this is not the place for you. The emphasis here is pitching, pitching, pitching. - The junior/mid-level staff in NYC office was unprofessional and unpolished much of the time. - My supervisor was horrid and basically created an abusive work situation. The day-to-day work experience was unproductive and unhealthy.

Zeno Group2012-09-27

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews