Zimmer Biomet Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 10 Jan 2021

Found 113 of over 2K reviews

3.5
Zimmer Biomet President and CEO Bryan Hanson
Bryan Hanson
Pros
  • "Respectful of work life balance(in 71 reviews)

• "Great people and friendly environment(in 56 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A lot of people come and go in the Warsaw community(in 69 reviews)

• "paid time off work life balance(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent product postfolio

2 Sep 2020 - District Manager in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quality of company products and their innovation.Good work life balance.

Cons

Supply chain management, distribution team ,training to employee is mess.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re sorry to hear this. At Zimmer Biomet we actively seek and appreciate constructive feedback and your insight and perspective is highly valued.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

working with joint replacement division

29 Sep 2020 - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Lucknow
      Business Outlook

Pros

learning platform , exposure, world class implant

Cons

work life balance , Lesser job security

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Our success relies on dedicated people like you to make lives better for everyone. We appreciate your thoughtful comments.

3. 3.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Supervisor, Team & HR. Sales and Logistics are Bullies.

15 Sep 2016 - Intern in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team Great Supervisor Work life balance Good Pay Good HR policies

Cons

Bullying interns by the logistics and sales team members.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

"Good Company to work granted you are not a part of Trauma Division"

22 Jan 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to learn new skills related to surgery assistance Strong Distributor handling

Cons

No work life balance Spine-less HR system of the company

HR Associate Director

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your perspective regarding your employment with us. At Zimmer Biomet, we actively seek constructive feedback, such as yours, to continue to improve and succeed as a Company.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Stale, cutthroat, "bully culture", Poor morale, No Innovation, Lacks Processes, Pure chaos

4 Jan 2021 - Finance in Warsaw, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Large Company (is a pro for some). Higher pay than average in comparison to other companies in the Fort Wayne/Warsaw area. (This is also a con because very few decent jobs exist.)

Cons

TOXIC work culture and BULLY leadership. Countless HR violations in finance, but he's still a VP at the company. Enough is enough. He's got to go. Fear leadership is not just an issue within finance. HR turns a blind eye to this time and time again. They know who these people are but do nothing. The worst environment. Warsaw, IN. I know a few people see that as a pro, but it's pretty terrible. New CEO doesn't even live in Warsaw, IN. He flies the company jet from Connecticut. If Warsaw was so great, he's clearly not leading by example as he builds up his team in Connecticut. There are even fears that a lot of the jobs will continue moving outside of Warsaw. As the boomers retire, there's no reason for it to stay in Warsaw. Period. Lacks innovation. Cost cutting focus. Hyper focus on costs, failed and losing acquisitions (which never materialized) and less on innovation. This is the way leadership thinks here. Environment becomes a blame game. They want to cut costs but business processes/systems, financial models remain antiquated, inconsistent and dubious. See next point. No business processes across the organization. This impacts everything from all of the product recalls the organization experiences to the lack of consistencies in reporting. No clear business processes exist. Disparate systems. From a finance perspective, near impossible to piece anything together. Analyzing financial data requires pulling from multiple sources while still having an unclear picture. Work life balance. It doesn't exist in finance at least. They'll work you to the bone while paying very little. Meanwhile, leadership will assign a bunch of work to you and go home. Yes. You know who the culprits are. This happens time and time again here. Lack of training. It's practically nonexistent. Toxic work culture. Oh wait.. did I mention that already?

9 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we are sorry to hear you are concerned with the leadership and future of Zimmer Biomet. We continue to believe that our leadership has the tools and experience needed to continue live out our mission and focus on our culture and standards of integrity.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Solid Medical Device Company

16 Nov 2020 - Manufacturing Engineer in Warsaw, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty opportunities to grow in the role, less hand-holding and more learn-on-the-fly approach; immediate responsibility and accountability; friendly culture with personable co-workers

Cons

Large workload disparities depending on department; no productive discourse with management in regards to personal performance or project guidance; work-life balance suffers and constantly changing

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your observations. We can appreciate that at times there are multiple competing priorities within the company. We encourage our team members to participate in and use some of the many resources available to help integrate work and life. We are happy and appreciative that you’re a part of our team and want to ensure that you feel valued.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Better elsewhere

16 Mar 2020 - Ops in Warsaw, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dental insurance is decent. Not much else.

Cons

Keep in mind- this is just my department. Other parts of the organization may be better. Employee retention is non- existent. Constantly in a training loop because people hire on and quit not long after. The people with the knowledge are over burdened with same daily work but also constant trainer responsibilities. The company is utilizing a workforce with zero experience in the job they hired them for. Looks more at education than working experience and wonders why nothing gets done correctly. After speaking to HR about unequal treatment-I got called into my managers office and browbeat. HR told my manager about our private conversation. Zero trust or confidence. If you do contact HR generally you won’t get a response the first two or three times you reach out anyway bc they just won’t talk to employees. First and second line managers are rude, talk down to people, and treat direct reports poorly. Managers are poorly trained and lack leadership skills. There is little communication that isn’t negative. Promotion is based on who you are friends with. Don’t expect promotions if you’re not from Warsaw. There were departments that are expected to work 6-7 days a week at 12 hours a day or more. There is no work life balance. A lack of cohesion after merger. Everyone still refers to Biomet as Biomet and Zimmer as Zimmer. The systems and programs have not been merged and the technology is prehistoric. Nothing is efficient and process improvements are ineffective. Instead of fixing the problems- they hire more managers. Micromanagement is a real thing here.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

All of our team members are an integral part of what helps us deliver products and procedures to treat musculoskeletal health conditions around the world. We are sorry that you felt differently. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations.

8. 4.0

Great place to work

22 Nov 2020 - Senior Acct
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay benefits advancement opportunity other

Cons

paid time off work life balance

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for sharing your experience with the company. It’s our dedicated people that help us treat musculoskeletal health conditions around the world. We are sorry to hear that you have felt less than appreciated at Zimmer Biomet.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall a good experience

9 Oct 2020 - Manufacturing Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is lot of process knowledge to be learned within the company. Teammates help a lot to understand the concepts.

Cons

Terrible work life balance and hate to say but you forced to follow management's decision rather than going with an engineering solution.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

As stated in our guiding principles, we respect the contributions and perspectives of all team members. We are sad to hear that your experience with our company management has been disappointing. It’s our goal to work on improvement strategies thanks to feedback like yours.

10. 2.0

Portland Office - Bullying culture

25 Nov 2020 - PMO in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company benefits are good Work life balance is good Training opportunities are good

Cons

Management at Portland, OR office is bad - they are patronizing and mean The attitudes trickle down to staff level Projects are finished with haste Targeted bullying culture No inclusivity Personal relations take precedence over work Workers are treated as if they have no value

1 person found this review helpful