bioMérieux Training Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Jan 20, 2016

Found 2 reviews

bioMérieux CEO Alexandre  Mérieux
Alexandre Mérieux

"Lombard--It's OK but needs Improvements"

Former Employee - Training Specialist in Lombard, IL

I worked at bioMérieux full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people are nice and easy to get along with-especially in the production department. You will learn quite a bit about industry regulations there and company processes. They have a great quality control team there that does an excellent job.

Cons

I worked closely with many mid-level management people, and they really need to terminate half of them. I was VERY surprised how some don't follow the rules, do not want to take accountability for the work that they're doing (or not doing), and don't set a good example for their team. This was the main reason why I left. This and the fact that my responsibilities were drastically increasing with no extra pay.

Advice to Management

There are people that really deserve mid-level management positions at the Lombard site. Pay attention to who is actually doing the work and who is doing a lackluster job. Some people deserve to be in those positions while others don't. Re-assign positions accordingly.

bioMérieux2016-01-20

"Black Listed for being educated..."

Former Employee - Training Specialist in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at bioMérieux full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent wage, and great benefits. Overall, a nice place to work. A business dedicated to saving lives, all over the world.

Cons

Corporate office had great management and communication with employees. However, the manufacturing facility managers' were egotistical, and could not be trusted. You were either in the clique, or definitely treated like an outsider.

Advice to Management

Try not to display resentment toward employees who are in pursuit of higher learning. The company has a generous reimbursement plan, but when the employee starts working towards advanced degrees, they tend to be shunned by upper management.

bioMérieux2013-01-13