dataxu Ad Operations Reviews

4.0
dataxu Co-Founder, President & CEO Mike Baker
Mike Baker
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company!

Mar 3, 2021 - Ad Operations Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture - good people!

Cons

Difficult to advance in company!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company That's Continually Growing

Jan 28, 2021 - Ad Operations in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, lots of innovation, founding members still at the company, good people and good office atmosphere

Cons

Being in Europe sometimes felt detached from a lot of the innovation happening in the US.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company past its hey day

Oct 11, 2018 - Ad Operations in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The pay is competitive and benefits decent for a start-up. -Recently, management approved a 401k match -Smart people throughout the Company -Senior management seems to be transparent in communication and Company meetings -Nice office space with free food/snacks and close to most public transportation

Cons

-GTM team experiencing a serious exodus of talent and no telling when the bleeding will stop. Its so bad that we recently had an executive quit before they started. Getting harder and harder to hire once candidates investigate our reputation. -Multiple layoffs globally in last 18 months bringing about feeling of zero job security. Some people have been hired and then let go within a matter of months -Seemingly constant pivots in strategies makes people question whether its reacting to the market or desperation.

Continue reading
    11 people found this review helpful

dataxu Response

SVP, People Strategy

Thanks for your feedback! As a current employee, you know that dataxu values any and all feedback from its employees and actively solicits it on a regular basis through a few different vehicles – our anonymous ask the CEO questions at every global monthly company meeting, our annual engagement survey, and our quarterly performance pulses between our employees and their managers to name a few. We’re glad that you appreciate the compensation and benefits we provide and that you believe your colleagues and our leadership to be smart and transparent. You refer to an exodus of talent, but in reality, our annual turnover rate is currently pacing equal to or less than other similar companies in the ad tech industry. Our recent quarterly metrics show that the average tenure of people who left dataxu is 3 years, and of the people who left, 75% would refer dataxu to a friend (we survey every employee before they leave). In our 2018 engagement survey, 90% of our employees who responded said dataxu operates by strong values and ethics and 86% felt that as a company, we were going in the right direction – both things that would coincide with a good reputation. dataxu had ONE global reduction in force more than 18 months ago so it’s unfortunate your perception is so different, and incorrect. Per one of your “pro’s” about dataxu, we seem to be transparent, so you can agree that any time there is any organizational change, it is done in an effort to align our strategy with the industry and to continue our success, and the reason for them is always communicated to every employee globally. Every team at dataxu has its own People Strategy Business Partner. If you are not comfortable addressing your concerns about dataxu with your manager, your Business Partner is a confidential resource that is there to provide information, hear your feedback, and help to ensure you are engaged and feeling good about being here. Please feel free to reach out to them! Otherwise, we can’t help. Responding to this review is our way of trying, but it’s hard to do that when you don’t know who you’re talking to. Finally, it sounds like you’re pretty unhappy at dataxu, despite staying here for over 3 years. Please don’t ever feel like you should stay in any job or at any company where you wouldn’t refer a friend to work or where you feel strategy changes are out of desperation instead of to stay ahead of the market. We want our employees to be fired up to be here and to help us win. Maybe it’s time you think about making a change yourself so that you can feel better about where you come to work every day. We’d rather you be somewhere else and happy than here at dataxu feeling so negatively.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews