dataxu Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jul 19, 2019

Found 8 of over 127 reviews

3.4
dataxu Co-Founder, President & CEO Mike Baker
Mike Baker
Pros
  • "Smart people throughout the Company(in 12 reviews)

• "work life balance, Good technology stack(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior management values time-in-seat more than productivity(in 5 reviews)

• "re orgs(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome work place

May 21, 2015 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant people all around. Senior management is super knowledgable and at the same time approachable. Relevant technologies to play with. Company believes in its employees.

Cons

Nothing as such but should try focus on how to market the company.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0

Client Servicing

Jul 19, 2019 - Client Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tech works and strong positioning in the TV space.

Cons

Too much politics within the office. A lack of direction in senior management.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company past its hey day

Oct 11, 2018 - Ad Operations in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The pay is competitive and benefits decent for a start-up. -Recently, management approved a 401k match -Smart people throughout the Company -Senior management seems to be transparent in communication and Company meetings -Nice office space with free food/snacks and close to most public transportation

Cons

-GTM team experiencing a serious exodus of talent and no telling when the bleeding will stop. Its so bad that we recently had an executive quit before they started. Getting harder and harder to hire once candidates investigate our reputation. -Multiple layoffs globally in last 18 months bringing about feeling of zero job security. Some people have been hired and then let go within a matter of months -Seemingly constant pivots in strategies makes people question whether its reacting to the market or desperation.

11 people found this review helpful

SVP, People Strategy

Thanks for your feedback! As a current employee, you know that dataxu values any and all feedback from its employees and actively solicits it on a regular basis through a few different vehicles – our anonymous ask the CEO questions at every global monthly company meeting, our annual engagement survey, and our quarterly performance pulses between our employees and their managers to name a few. We’re glad that you appreciate the compensation and benefits we provide and that you believe your colleagues and our leadership to be smart and transparent. You refer to an exodus of talent, but in reality, our annual turnover rate is currently pacing equal to or less than other similar companies in the ad tech industry. Our recent quarterly metrics show that the average tenure of people who left dataxu is 3 years, and of the people who left, 75% would refer dataxu to a friend (we survey every employee before they leave). In our 2018 engagement survey, 90% of our employees who responded said dataxu operates by strong values and ethics and 86% felt that as a company, we were going in the right direction – both things that would coincide with a good reputation. dataxu had ONE global reduction in force more than 18 months ago so it’s unfortunate your perception is so different, and incorrect. Per one of your “pro’s” about dataxu, we seem to be transparent, so you can agree that any time there is any organizational change, it is done in an effort to align our strategy with the industry and to continue our success, and the reason for them is always communicated to every employee globally. Every team at dataxu has its own People Strategy Business Partner. If you are not comfortable addressing your concerns about dataxu with your manager, your Business Partner is a confidential resource that is there to provide information, hear your feedback, and help to ensure you are engaged and feeling good about being here. Please feel free to reach out to them! Otherwise, we can’t help. Responding to this review is our way of trying, but it’s hard to do that when you don’t know who you’re talking to. Finally, it sounds like you’re pretty unhappy at dataxu, despite staying here for over 3 years. Please don’t ever feel like you should stay in any job or at any company where you wouldn’t refer a friend to work or where you feel strategy changes are out of desperation instead of to stay ahead of the market. We want our employees to be fired up to be here and to help us win. Maybe it’s time you think about making a change yourself so that you can feel better about where you come to work every day. We’d rather you be somewhere else and happy than here at dataxu feeling so negatively.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work for strong sellers, tough place for genuine technology enthusiasts and innovators

Aug 29, 2018 - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dataxu seems to pay higher salaries than other firms in AdTech. Company benefits are relatively good.

Cons

Dataxu is not a driver of new technology in the market and is generally 2-5 years behind. Senior management is not able to define a strategic position for dataxu in the global market and can't close essential partnerships with other tech vendors. It is becoming isolated in its independence so that the term of being an agnostic platform slowly starts to dwindle. Selling Dataxu's products seems to be overly reliant on outcome of Forrester Wave reports.

5 people found this review helpful

SVP, People Strategy

Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry you didn't find dataxu as innovative or cutting edge as I or others do. dataxu leads the market with our 3 TotalTV product offerings and is always iterating and evolving to be best-in-class. dataxu's vision is and has always been that data, when analyzed, reported and applied with transparency and ingenuity, holds the power to take our clients further than ever before. dataxu exists to help our clients use the power of data to create insights into their clients’ most important audiences, to connect with them more personally and with greater impact. Transparency is critical to how we work with our customers and how we work with each other. We do wish that you had been more transparent with your feedback during your employement so that we could constructively discuss your observations and thoughts. Unfortunately, you only shared your insights upon your departure preventing us from doing so. We wish you all the best at MediaMath.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Hit or Miss in Engineering

Dec 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work on cool technology, constantly doing the newest thing. Do your 2-3 years here, get great technical resume builders, then move on. Great place to start early in career as you will learn tons technically.

Cons

Half of management has no clue how to manage or grow employees - especially the senior half. There is virtually no career growth aside from "learn technologies". No feedback on how to grow to next level, and virtually no chance at promotion beyond senior engineer. Senior management values time-in-seat more than productivity. Most of the senior people* who have been "promoted" lately are widely known to be poor performers OR people who cannot work with others to save their lives (some almost to the point of lawsuit bad) and were "promoted" out or senior management was desperate for a warm body to fill a role and needed someone "senior" who wasn't needed where they were. Recent cuts in benefits and company perks is a downer. Expect to work lots of nights - because your manager overcommitted on a project (again) and now you have to do 2 weeks of work in 1.

14 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, even better people

Aug 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Perks: free lunches once a week, fully stocked kitchens, accessibility to senior management, VERY smart people. Strategy is a strong point for DataXu. Every decision made is very well thought out...and they aren't made in a vacuum. It's hard to find that. Compensation is in the norm for the industry. Benefits are great. Along with other things, they offer unlimited PTO and they cover the yearly deductible for medical and dental (in addition to 85% of the plan costs)

Cons

It's a fast growing company - things change and they change often. You have to be comfortable with that.

2 people found this review helpful

VP, People Strategy

Thanks for your feedback! We’re always looking to address the things that are important to our team, and we pride ourselves on our open, transparent culture, particularly around senior management, and are glad you see that while working here!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pressure cooker... but worked with really smart colleagues who are committed

Jan 26, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

accomplished senior management team, innovative product, MIT rocket scientists leading engineering team, rank and file workers are all in, good pay & benefits.

Cons

like I said it's a pressure cooker, no work/life balance, kind of a meat grinder, lack of a corporate culture, senior management seem to be in a rush.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work but not for everyone...

Dec 7, 2012 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working at DataXu. Although people can be overworked I felt that management took criticism well and was constantly looking for ways to improve work/life balance and make sure their employees were satisfied. It was definitely a work in progress for them but were trying hard to keep up with the significant and exciting growth of not only the company but the industry as a whole.

Cons

Definitely going through growing pains at the moment. They just couldn't seem to hire the right people fast enough. However, senior management seemed to recognize this issue and was motivated to make working conditions better. If you want to work in a revolutionary and exciting field unfortunately you will have to deal with the cons of being in a company that is trying hard to keep up. Not everyone succeeds or thrives there for various reasons including some managers lack of experience. I believe that is attributed to the fast growth and ambition which can be debilitating for some but also exciting to be part of.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews