deVere Group Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 26 Oct 2020

Found 74 of over 739 reviews

4.1
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "Your success is directly correlated to the work you are willing to put in, so is great for people looking to excel with uncapped earning potential(in 40 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours required to truly achieve potential - some may see as a negative but I see it as a great learning curve(in 73 reviews)

• "Hard work is necessary but it pays off(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

I love my job!

27 Aug 2020 - Coordinator in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started in the middle of a pandemic and have had the most amazing experience in the London office, having had no background in FS prior to this I can confidently say I will never look back! I am lucky enough to work for James Green who is the most fantastic leader. He displays integrity and emotional intelligence while leading from the front and encouraging good ethics and hard work across the board, which is inspiring for all at every level in the business. There may be some mixed reviews online on the business, and to each their own, but what I can say for sure is that this company has given me the opportunity to grow and succeed in the ways I deserve based on the effort I am willing to put in, and what I see across all offices is that hard work and dedication is recognised and rewarded, and to achieve success in this business you need to really want to put the time into learning and developing your skills and being consistent in your efforts. I cannot speak any more highly of the business and am very grateful to be a part of it, if you are looking for a unique opportunity that does not weigh heavily on the background or education you have, but more the personality, drive and determination you are willing to bring to the table then look no further than deVere!

Cons

I have none to note.

8 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Extended unorthodox family

28 Aug 2020 - FinTech Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and the management are exceptional in their teaching ability and willingness to always help. "Hard work beats talent when talent fails" - it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from if you work hard in deVere you have the opportunity to earn a lot of money. You will make friends for life here, everyone cares about each other and will help wherever they can. This is a job for life if you put in the effort and time. If you're someone who wants the best out of life and looking for a pathway to do that and you're willing to work your *** off for it, this is for you.

Cons

Starting up can be difficult you just have to put in the time and effort.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic place to progress quickly and be recognised for your hard work

28 Aug 2020 - Business Development Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are kind, helpful and encouraging and just a lot of fun to be around - Positive atmosphere, no negativity - Your hard work is recognised and rewarded - Great opportunity to gain a wide range of skills and knowledge, I've learnt more in my first few weeks at deVere than I have in any other job - Given responsibility very early on, great hands on learning experience

Cons

- If you aren't willing to work hard you aren't rewarded, so make sure you are willing to give it your all, otherwise you won't perform well here

9 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Love it!

26 Oct 2020 - Wealth Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company with a clearly defined career path. With hard work and determination you can get right to the very top. I recently left deVere Group but loved every minute of my time there. Had top class mentors throughout my journey from coming in as a trainee right to working up to an advisor. It is a fantastic opportunity which changed my life but ONLY if you are willing to work your socks off for it.

Cons

Extremely challenging. If you are scared of hard work then this is not the role for you.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

10 years 2 countries & many more to come

27 Aug 2020 - Associate in Madrid
      Business Outlook

Pros

Devere has and continues to provide opportunities and support to its employees, there is simply 1 requirement - hard work. If you show passion, positivity and hard work, the sky is the limit at deVere no matter the position you hold. Deveres treatment and dedication to its employees during 2020 covid 19 is just an example of how they care. Devere have evolved to working remotely, dripping employees back into their offices when deemed safe and offered full support to employees during these times. Training Support Customer care Advice Products Worldwide opportunities

Cons

Jobs here are not for the lazy.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic Opportunity if you work HARD!

13 May 2020 - Financial Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

deVere Group gives you the foundation to excel in the financial industry through advanced training, progress development & Client management. I am relatively young but I’ve gained the skills and techniques to advise clients through complex solutions which is incredibly rewarding and having gratification from clients. deVere Group rewards employees that have a proactive approach. I honestly love the job I do and I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity because to work for a company which is constantly evolving and developing you as an employee to the highest potential.

Cons

Hard work & long hours but in essence your self employed and the harder you work the faster you progress and advance your career. The reason you see bad reviews or people not succeeding is because the lack of drive and hunger to get to the end result.

13 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Big opportunity

25 Aug 2020 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progression, development and ability to help clients reach retirement goals. Huge opportunities if you want to work hard and progress through the system. Clear targets and criteria to step up to the next level. The training from management is excellent. Fantastic products especially the notes and apps.

Cons

Hard work however the earning potential is reflective of this

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great 👍

4 Oct 2020 - Business Associate in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Great people

Cons

No cons really just hard work

9. 5.0

Great Team and Rewards

31 Aug 2020 - Business Development Manager in Paris
      Business Outlook

Pros

Devere is one of the best places to work, the team is fantastic and the rewards/incentives within the company are very good. Overall great experience!

Cons

Hard work is necessary but it pays off

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lies, lies and more lies

23 Mar 2020 - Business Development Manager in Geneva, Geneva
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work in a new country, experience a new culture If you have no qualifications and arent employable its perfect as they will give anyone a chance - this is admirable from the company and I have to say they are good in that way. Upper management is really really good but you don't see enough of them for it to have an impact.

Cons

Everyone in the expat community labels you as a telephone terrorist, so making friends is difficult with the international community. Your basic pay doesn't even nearly cover your living costs so until you build up a pipeline of new business through extremely hard work you will have to dip into savings to survive. Even if you are the top BDM in Western Europe division, you wont make more per month on average than a McDonalds worker. That's fact. Management is extremely poor, militaristic and micromanaged. Even if you are performing well you are constantly reminded of poor management.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Reviews