deVere Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 20 Jan 2021

Found 72 of over 740 reviews

4.1
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "Your success is directly correlated to the work you are willing to put in, so is great for people looking to excel with uncapped earning potential(in 40 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours required to truly achieve potential - some may see as a negative but I see it as a great learning curve(in 73 reviews)

• "Hard work is necessary but it pays off(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not for your average person

14 Oct 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 18 months after joining as a grad. The first 12 months of this were tough and I worked harder than I had ever done in my life for little financial reward. The management structure rewards those who are committed. I was putting in 60 hour weeks and although I was not seeing the monetary gain at that point, I was given access to the world class training I needed. 18 months later my earnings are reflecting the work I put in, and everyone knows the earning potential in this industry. The thing with the role is that most people do not stick through the tough times to get to this point and that is a shame. My best advice is to come into the company fully committed or don't come into it at all. Look at the people who have succeeded and follow their example.

Cons

Long hours are expected - but if this puts you off then financial advice is probably not for you. Fast paced, things change quickly in the company and you have to be on your toes.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great opportunities for driven individuals.

13 May 2020 - Business Development Manager in Auckland, Auckland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty. - Opportunity to select an initial overseas location as well as future world travel (I've now lived and worked in 3 different countries on 2 continents). - Genuine earnings potential, which far outstrip UK national averages. - Focus on developing graduates with focused training, relating to the Financial Services Industry. - Largest independent financial services company in the world, so access to the best 'products' on the market. - Lots of different roles to branch off into, should you choose a field of particular field of interest. - High tempo offices, create a 'buzzy' atmosphere which, as an extroverted person, I thoroughly enjoy. - You get out what you put in.

Cons

Depends what you'd classify as a 'Con', as it differs for individuals. - Need dedication and to be a self-motivated individual, so often work long hours (although weekends are always off). - Largely commission based in the BDM role, so it does take a couple of months to get off and running.

10 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic Opportunity if you work HARD!

13 May 2020 - Financial Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

deVere Group gives you the foundation to excel in the financial industry through advanced training, progress development & Client management. I am relatively young but I’ve gained the skills and techniques to advise clients through complex solutions which is incredibly rewarding and having gratification from clients. deVere Group rewards employees that have a proactive approach. I honestly love the job I do and I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity because to work for a company which is constantly evolving and developing you as an employee to the highest potential.

Cons

Hard work & long hours but in essence your self employed and the harder you work the faster you progress and advance your career. The reason you see bad reviews or people not succeeding is because the lack of drive and hunger to get to the end result.

13 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

good

20 Jan 2021 - Business Development Associate (BDA) in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

good fun with people in the office

Cons

Long hours can be boring

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 4.0

A Great Entry into Wealth Management

8 Jul 2020 - Business Development Associate in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent online training programme, Head of Training adds his personality into the drier subjects so they are easier understood Opportunity to create my own career within the Financial Services industry Clear and concise KPI's - a positive even if massively challenging as ensures I know Im progressing Support in making the move to Dubai prior to jumping on a plane

Cons

Not for the faint hearted - it is literally GO GO GO from Day 1 Long hours required to truly achieve potential - some may see as a negative but I see it as a great learning curve

11 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great job for ambitious individuals

15 May 2020 - BDM in Dubai
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible. It is not a job for the unmotivated and those who are not looking to stay long term. Highlights: Amazing office environment/culture Get to learn all about financial products and services on the job. You get out what you put into it

Cons

Long hours daily High pressure role

Continue reading
      9 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great place to work

27 Aug 2020 - Business Development Associate in Milan
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of training and support Fast progression Friendly colleagues

Cons

Long hours Management encourages a volatile atmosphere

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Get out what you put in

16 May 2020 - BDM in Auckland, Auckland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to learn about the industry and the products and services on offer and to work all over the world. There's loads of training available and our office has a great environment.

Cons

You'll work long hours and at the start there's a lot of information to take on and manage effectively.

9 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

A great company

9 Feb 2020 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing energy. You are expected to succeed and are compensated well if you do succeed. Everyone is lovely and will help you do well if you ask. The office atmosphere that I have is amazing and you truly feel like you're left to your own devices to do well (which I love). No one breathing down your neck. You are your own boss in this sense. The Training Academy in Malta is amazing also

Cons

Long hours. You have to put them in if you want to do well here. You also need a passion for sales because ultimately, you are selling this business and generating business for deVere. Don't do this job if you can't put the work in

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee

good job if your driven

16 Sep 2020 - Co-ordinatior in Doha
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to earn a huge amount of money. Great working atmosphere room for progression

Cons

long hours and have to be very self motivated

6 people found this review helpful