hipages Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.8
hipages CEO and Founder Roby Sharon-Zipser
Roby Sharon-Zipser
0 Rating
Pros
  • "(in 7 reviews)

• "Sugar-fueled breakfast foods up for grabs(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The business is very fast paced at times(in 5 reviews)

• "There is a lot of legacy code, so it takes a while to get up to speed(in 4 reviews)

"A good place that puts people first"

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer

I have been working at hipages full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people that work here make hipages what it is. A place that you like to go to in the morning. They really understand the concept of how valuable their staff is to them. There is hardly ever a week where our HR folks don't put up a little or big event for all of us. It’s important what you achieve, not where or when you do it. Which lets you as an employee manage your time within small boundaries and you don’t feel micromanaged but rather appreciated for what you deliver. It’s “remote first” in IT, so you will be able to work from wherever. Which is absolutely liberating for anyone working in IT. The CEOs Robby and David keep it real. They sit in the same room with us every day and you talk to them on eye level. Those two kept their feet on the ground and are up for a chat any time and always approachable. Hipages has Town Hall meetings once a month to keep things transparent and make sure all updates are given to all employees. Certainly not something you find everywhere. In the software department we do have daily stand ups and fortnightly bigger catch ups to keep everyone in the loop. You hardly feel left out, and if you do you can always ask. It’s a very “enabling” climate at hipages. The attitude is “Let’s solve this problem.” Rather than “Who can we blame for that?”. I know that might be a lot of fun going down the drain right there ;-) But in the long run it provides a very pleasant work environment. And now the perks: Brekky is on hipages (all day brekky if you want) Coffee can be ordered in pods , coffee machines are provided Pick your PC/MAC/ Monitor configuration All desks are height adjustable Welcome package saying “Welcome home” (That one impressed me heaps) 7 different kinds of milk in the fridge Friday drinks from 4:30 pm Meeting rooms are themed (Painter / Locksmith / Gardner … ) There is a Chill room which feels like “Laying at a beach in Bali” Rumpus Are with PS3, foosball table and table tennis 2 massive balconies with BBQs, lawnball area and hammocks Career development plan for each employee / weekly catch up with your direct manager Awesome devops team (half their crew is German, they are done with your ticket before you opened it) Kubernetes

Cons

Ticking clocks in some areas... those annoy ppl at times

hipages2018-11-07
  2. "Great place to work"

I worked at hipages full-time

Pros

- really great design culture - lovely P&C team - inviting office space

Cons

- senior management can be a little opaque

Advice to Management

More transparency and embracing feedback

hipages2018-09-13
  3. "Really great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

I worked at hipages full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, great culture, brilliant social scene, everyone is friendly and approachable

Cons

As with many start ups, there are many demands on your time and many responsibilities within your role. Little scope for career progression during my tenure due to the management structure

hipages2018-09-06
  4. "Great in developing employees"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Manila, Manila

I worked at hipages full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best company I've worked with in terms of developing my skills

Cons

I think one of the cons for this company is they set goals too high.

hipages2018-08-20

"Not the company it once was"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at hipages full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office, Friday drinks, breakfast each day and cool mid year and end of year parties

Cons

Unrealistic targets with lack of leads, even if you do hit targets they increase them the following month so you paid the least amount of commission they can and there is a constant fear you will lose your job. Not a lot of recognition when you do hit your targets. Senior managers walk around watching to see if you are on the phones. The product is poor and when a customer wants to cancel because the see a drop in leads you lose that sale. The environment is very stressful.

Advice to Management

Understand what it is we do all day and listen to our feedback without getting defensive, see the results for what they are.

hipages2018-08-29

"They are great to work for if they don't make you redundant or try to push you out the door"

I worked at hipages

Pros

They provide copious amounts of alcohol and high calorie food.

Cons

Everything else, management in particular

Advice to Management

Make yourself redundant your the problem

hipages2018-08-22
  7. "sales representative"

I worked at hipages full-time

Pros

great people and culture and perks

Cons

not much career opportunities can be a stressful environment

hipages2018-08-22

"WARNING! This company is not for sales people that have a consultative style of selling."

Sales Associate in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at hipages for less than a year

Pros

Weekly base and comms $

Cons

They are heavy on micromanagement regardless of previous experience. I have witnessed "sales people" telling customers " your doing this or we are cancelling your account and you can never use us again". They set up all of this culture in the office to hide how unhappy customers and employees are with the hipages experience. I have also witnessed customers calling up to cancel and management ignoring the request and telling everyone to keep making calls. This company is basically a SCAM and they are not empowering their employees at all.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and try new styles of selling as people in Australia don't like things being shoved down their throat.

hipages2018-09-05
  9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at hipages full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people. Great culture. Receives recognition even for the tiny work you do.

Cons

Has a big legacy system. Although the people are great, not everyone is motivated to move to newer technologies

hipages2018-07-01
  10. "Ups and downs but still an awesome place to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at hipages full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product that makes a difference. Some really talented people in Engineering and Product. Always someone smarter around me which makes me want to step up my game.

Cons

Lots of directional changes lately, however I guess that is pretty common in growing tech companies.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to your staff.

hipages2018-06-04