hipages "legacy code" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

hipages Employee Reviews about "legacy code"

Updated Nov 6, 2018

Found 58 reviews

3.8
David Vitek
Pros
  • "(in 7 reviews)

• "Sugar-fueled breakfast foods up for grabs(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The business is very fast paced at times(in 5 reviews)

• "There is a lot of legacy code, so it takes a while to get up to speed(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "legacy code"

Return to all Reviews

"One of the better startups to work for if you like fast paced work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at hipages full-time for less than a year

Pros

As an engineer: - I can work on exciting new platforms - I can pick and choose the work I want to do - Have a say on how we build and deliver the work product comes up with. - Attend fun EOFY and Christmas parties - Drink free booze on Fridays Of course not everything is nice and cozy and there are a few rough edges with some of the senior people in the company leaving or transitioning to new roles. But as an...

Cons

- Not enough fruit, early worm gets all the fruit. - Fast pace and iterative nature might get to you sometimes - Legacy code can a pain to deal with, but thankfully we're trying to phase it all out completely where possible - Processes get started without enough thought being put into them

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, listen to employee feedback and make the feedback loop shorter.

hipages2017-09-15

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Sydney

I have been working at hipages full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, strong growth trajectory, flat hierarchy, exciting Engineering projects

Cons

Legacy code can be a pain

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the platform

hipages2017-03-28

"Hands down one of the best companies to work for"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Sydney

I have been working at hipages full-time for more than a year

Pros

The tech team is a bunch of fun, inspiring people ready to take on any challenge. But this expands to the broader company. The feeling of family and comradery you feel at hipages is what keeps me coming back every day.

Cons

From an engineering point of view there's a fair bit of legacy code, which is normal for a company that's been around for 13+ years. This however is being actively addressed by the current team and the level of tech debt is being significantly reduced.

hipages2017-03-20

"A great company to work for and an opportunity to be a part of something big."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at hipages full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent culture: Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. The team is quite democratic in making important decisions, which allows everyone to have their voice heard. Also, the management team is very supportive of people proposing and implementing new ideas. - Focused on improvement: There is a lot of legacy code and systems, but the team is focused on modernising our tech stack and processes. I have found...

Cons

- There is a lot of legacy code, so it takes a while to get up to speed. - Sometimes have to rush things out to achieve short-term gain, instead of taking more time to make a cleaner, long-term solution.

hipages2015-03-19