iPlace Reviews

Updated 14 Jun 2021

Found 679 of over 702 reviews

4.3
iPlace President & CEO Hank Levine (no image)
Hank Levine
Pros
  • "Work culture is good but night shift can be tireing(in 120 reviews)

• "The work environment is the biggest pro(in 115 reviews)

• Cons
  • "So there is nothing called Sick leaves(in 24 reviews)

• "Apart from strict leave policy, everything is at its best(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

good company

14 Jun 2021 - Recruiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

good environment , employee friendly. helpful staff

Cons

no cons its a great place to work

2. 5.0

Best Place to Work

24 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Client engagement, client interaction opportunities

Cons

Nothing as such, No Cons

3. 5.0

The Best Recruiting Company in India

22 Apr 2021 - Recruiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

iPlace is the best recruiting company. Their benefits are amazing. Our job was secured during the Pandemic and there were no pay cuts or lay offs.

Cons

Can't think of any cons

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not as it used to be. Internal Politics and no growth opportunity at all.

6 Apr 2021 - Recruiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros to think of

Cons

Frequently your team is changed and you're not allowed to settle properly. No training to new employees. They will expect from you to deliver in no time as if you have super powers. Lack of human touch from the management. They don't care about employees

Continue reading
    5. 5.0

18 Apr 2021 - Specialist Recruiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing workplace, management, managers n team

Cons

Work life balance can be a little tricky

6. 2.0

Performance based increment

18 May 2021 - Associate Recruiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits in the company

Cons

Management ignorant about employee mental health

iPlace Response

Manager - Human Resources

Thank you for your review. The health, well-being, and safety of iPlace’s employees is of utmost importance. Few companies come close to matching iPlace’s employee-centric policies and benefits. Through our Employee Wellness Program, iPlacers have nation-wise access to premium services (at no cost) which include consultation with doctors, mental health experts, dieticians, for 23 ailments. These benefits cover not just iPlace employees, but their families as well. The Employee Wellness Program also gives iPlace employees unlimited access to online fitness and meditation sessions since it is essential to stay active and fit during these times. All iPlacers were covered under the Corona Kavach policy, which was over and above their annual medical insurance. In the unfortunate situation of an employee being affected by COVID, paid COVID Relief Leaves (CRL) can be availed, which is over and above our Comprehensive Annual Leave program where employees accrue 24 paid leaves per year. During the pandemic, iPlace continued to make business decisions guided by our core values – which include treating our employees as partners in the business. Although at the beginning of the pandemic we had a very large excess of recruiters/sourcers, iPlace was the only major Indian recruiting company that has had no layoffs or pay cuts.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

RPO but good for freshers

10 May 2021 - Sourcing Specialist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free dinner,and good company, culture is good

Cons

RPO ,good for freshers, go for direct client if you want to make career in US staffing

8. 5.0

Great Work-Life Balance!

5 Apr 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely good work-life balance, salary on time, great incentives.

Cons

The company's major business and focus is only the US market

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just the perfect place to work

24 Apr 2021 - Team Leader in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent, good salary, great incentives and even better benefits and services for the employees, job security

Cons

There are no cons as they continue to evolve and upgrade themselves from time to time

Continue reading
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work Life at iplace

10 Nov 2020 - Associate Sourcer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good corporate environment, people are friendly and you feel great working here. Different activities, fun Friday and gifts received from employer are always GREAT!! If you join as a recruiter (night shift), you get more salary + incentives, and when you need a career enhancement there are more recruiting job offers.

Cons

1) They have martial law, which means you are given stars for strategies and your work. On achieving 40 stars, you get an appraisal. Good to hear, but when done practically, situations never let us achieve 40 stars. Because if we earn 2 stars with one week's hard work, they may get escalated just because you logged in late by a minute or 2 seconds. 2) In iPlace, you cannot take leaves just by informing them in the morning, that I am not coming today because I am unwell. That will result in another escalation of 2 stars. If you need a 1 day leave, you need to inform them prior to 3 working days to get it approved. So there is nothing called Sick leaves. 3) If you are unable to achieve to 40 stars, you have no right to ask for an appraisal. 4) Working in day shift is good but as per career enhancement, we dont get any recruiting experience. So when we search for opportunities elsewhere, there are more recruiter vacancies.

iPlace Response

Human Resources Lead

Thank you for your review. As you know, under our LaunchPad company operating system based on gamification, we do not have any performance reviews. Pay raises and promotions are achieved through earning stars for achieving weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. An independent survey conducted by Lorenzo Bizzi of Cal State Fullerton showed that LaunchPad led to 93 percent of our employees being engaged or highly engaged. That’s because basing pay raises and promotions on earning stars removes managers’ biases and subjectivity. Our top performers who contribute to the success of iPlace and our clients have earned five pay hikes in a year and most employees earn three pay hikes a year. During the pandemic, iPlace continued to make business decisions guided by our core values – which include treating our employees as partners in the business while being a performance-based company. Although at the beginning of the pandemic we had an excess of recruiters/sourcers, iPlace has had no layoffs or pay cuts. We have also continued to give pay raises and promotions through LaunchPad. iPlace strives to always put its employees first, and for the past two years we have been certified a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work® Institute. However, we need to balance the needs of our employees with the needs of our clients. After all, our clients have many options for meeting their recruiting needs. They choose to partner with iPlace because we get them placements and make them money. When an employee calls in sick with no notice, it is very difficult to for the backup to perform at a high level because the backup does not have time to prepare. Before we started deducting stars for employees who call in sick at the last minute or even after the workday has started, we had much higher rates of absenteeism , especially on Monday and Fridays. Once we started deducting stars, absenteeism on Mondays and Fridays dropped by almost 90%. This is one of the reasons that the last two years we have been awarded the Best of Staffing - Client Satisfaction by Inavero/ClearlyRated. If an employee has a true emergency, such as a death in the family or a verifiable serious illness, we do not deduct stars. Leaves are always approved when the employee applies for leaves with advance notice. We also have a very generous Comprehensive Annual Leave program with all employees accruing 24 leaves per year. The majority of our clients are in the US and, of course, recruiters need to interact with candidates and our clients during the US daytime. The US daytime is nighttime in India. If you are a recruiter in India and want to support clients in the US, you must work the nightshift. At iPlace, sourcers who identify candidates but do not talk to candidates work the India dayshift, which is the nighttime in the US. Sourcers who are willing to work a nightshift and want to become a recruiter can request to change jobs. If you demonstrate that you have what it takes to be a good recruiter, you will be given training and moved into a recruiting nightshift job.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 679 Reviews