iPlace Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Hank Levine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment is healthy and vibrant (in 63 reviews)

• Open door policy, clear structure, opportunity to grow (in 22 reviews)

Cons

1. "Best place to start your career"

I have been working at iPlace full-time

Pros

Good working environment.
    Good Benefits provided like Gym and CSR activities.
    Alot of exposure to different cultures.

Cons

Bias Management
    Promotions are all made through a bias manner.
    No Growth.

Advice to Management

Keep to your word.

28 Mar 2018 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you like the environment of the company, and the benefits and the exposure that the company provides. Since you are a current employee... More

2. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Pune City
    Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Pune City

I have been working at iPlace (More than a year)

Pros

People are really nice. company pays wells. salary comes on time. Office has chilled envionment

Cons

Be carefull with office politics.

"Best CDO and the management"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pune
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pune

I have been working at iPlace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iPlace has the best CDO and he was the bestest COO during his tenure. With him we can talk and understand our strategic vision, leadership, determination, an ability to motivate and inspire. And these traits make iPlace a great company to work for. He is like a doctor in an ER who is constantly fixing things, diagnosing issues to determine if they are minor or potentially fatal on our clients. He has a unique set of skills that bridges the space between the visionary leader at the top and the execution of strategy and ongoing operation of a business with the right balance. He keeps his company’s high-level strategy front-and-center while understanding the details of day-to-day execution to ensure what needs to happen. He and the management team really works hard to make iPlace grow and expand rapidly. I love working here

Cons

No cons that I can think of

"Best place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Pune
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Pune

I have been working at iPlace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been working with iPlaceUSA for over 6 years and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made to join this Company. I started working with the company in Magapatta and today we are close to 500 emplyees in WTC. This company has given me ample of opportunities to grow and learn. The CDO as he is the Backbone of our company and thats why we stand strong and are growing rapidly. Hank and Alex have been very supportive to each and everyone and have proven to be the BEST Leaders. The one person who I really look up to would be ALEX.

I am happy to be a part of such a lovely family.For me iPlace is my second home.

Cons

No cons for me just pros...

Advice to Management

Hank thank you for iPlace and ALex this palce would not be the same without you. You guys have put in so much for us to be where we are. He is a true leader and my Mentor.
    COO is doing a good job.A must to mention is Bala (HR) who does a fabulous job handling all our HR related queries.Heads and managers are very supportive too.

5. "iPlace- my second home"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pune

I have been working at iPlace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

iPlace is a family and who welcomes all the new people with open arms and help them grow both personally and professionally. Old and new, all employees work hard and grow here. It’s like a second home to me and I love my family and the members.

Cons

There are no Cons as of now

Advice to Management

No advice to the management. You guys are doing a great job.

6 Mar 2018 – Sr. Recruiter

I've been at iPlace for almost four years and my experience is quite similar to yours. I wake up each day waiting to go back to work. We are growing so quickly and there's so much to learn and a lot... More

"Now the Company is run by a TEAM rather than a INDIVIDUAL"

I have been working at iPlace full-time

Pros

Kudos to the company and its directors in making the much-needed change of expanding the management team and making us feel that NOW we are working for a company rather than a individual. THIS WAS THE MUCH-NEEDED CHANGE.

The management team now has professional, highly competent and transparent people whom we respect and who have earned their place in the team except for one who still thinks he is invincible.

The recent company presentation was the first ever in my tenure of last 6 years where I actually saw a team presenting some sensible stuff. All these years we were just shown some stories created on the spot and in thin air of how we are doing great but ironically still we are at the same level. I mean common do you really think that we are kids not to catch your tricks and false stories.

The new COO is far better than the old one. The earlier COO wants to be the ONLY HERO. But the new COO has really shown that THIS IS WHOM YOU CALL A TRUE LEADER who gives chance to his juniors to learn, grow and develop.

Cons

No cons to highlight at present.

Advice to Management

You guys are on right track just increase your pace and the company will grow to a level where it should have reached 5 years ago. Keep empowering your management team. They are a group of good people working to improve your company and help you grow your company.

BEWARE OF THE FALSE STORIES of your old COO and his boys as they are suffering from a very high level of INSECURITY. He has done this in the past and you have trusted his false stories, because of which many of the good leaders have left your company and you have not been able to grow till now.

The old COO should learn from the new COO.

1 Mar 2018 – CEO

As the CEO of iPlace, I personally know all the employees who have been with the company for a "tenure of 6 years." If the person who wrote this actually has been with the company for six years... More

"Horrible WorkPlace"

Former Employee - Sourcing Associate
    Former Employee - Sourcing Associate

I worked at iPlace full-time

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good about this company.

Cons

-Zero Flexibility
    -Zero Management skills
    -Zero Professionalism

Advice to Management

Apparently the Managers over here think they have all the power. Instead of understanding the problem, they will make your life miserable and God forbid you talk back to them, they will hold it against you. They cry like babies to give leaves, even when you have enough leave balance.
    I hope you improve the management, specially for the sourcing team or the business is going to go more below.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Pune

I have been working at iPlace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at iPlace. It has been a great experience because every day I learn something new about my job and also about the overall business. This is because of the transparency with which the company operates – just an awesome work environment with awesome people! The culture is performance driven and hence very productive, inspiring and encouraging. The management team is always there for the employees and leads from the front.

Pros:
    - Working with some of the best people in the staffing and recruiting industry
    - Every day there is something new to learn
    - Excellent in-house training program for the employees
    - Awesome management team

Cons

- I have not found

Advice to Management

- You never make us feel that you are the ‘management team’ and not one of the employees. Just be the way you are.

"Very happy to be part of dynamic company! :-)"

Current Employee - Sourcer in Pune
    Current Employee - Sourcer in Pune

I have been working at iPlace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first job and I just loved the past two years here at iPlace. I liked the training program a lot. I went through one-month classroom training and one month on job training. The trainer is a powerhouse of knowledge as she has been with iPlace since inception. She is the first employee and it takes a good employer to retain the first employee for such a long tenure. The mentors and the energy level on the floor is a class apart. Mentors are young, dynamic and helpful in nature. I have worked with different teams and various accounts as a backup. I feel this phase (working as a backup) was the most important phase (not everyone likes to work as backups) as I learned and enhanced my sourcing skills a lot. I got hands on experience on various applicant tracking system, industries and job category. It was after this phase that I was so confident that I can deliver on any account. The team leads/managers encouraged me to attend client's work process flow call, weekly conference calls and design minutes of the meeting.

iPlace organises two parties in a year, which is crazy. You got to attend the party to know how crazy it is. Have you heard of a Spa in the office? No? iPlace has one! I have never heard of such a stuff in India where you can get a 15 min shoulder/head massage in the office.

The company holds a company wide board report every month. It feels like as if you are a board member of the company – there is complete transparency in the way the company operates and how it is doing. The company is getting into so many different ventures and it is so exciting to be part of this growing company. It is a fantastic place to learn and grow while having a lot of fun. iPlace have an open door policy and you are always heard by the management.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Former CSO Responds to Previous Poster"

Former Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Pune
    Former Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Pune

I worked at iPlace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Excellent Office Space Specifically Designed for the Night Shift
    - Great mid-level leaders, especially those who went through the LDP
    - Best Benefits in Pune from Valet Parking to a Massage Center
    - Continuous Employee Development From Our Fabulous Women in the Training Department
    - Continuous Innovation through our iMakeaDifference Program
    - Best Talent Acquisition Team in Pune

Cons

- Okay, for real, Marketing needed an overhaul. If anything, your best friend blew it for herself. Beyond that I will not speak about it in a public forum. I loved her like a sister and it hurts me every day knowing she's not there leading the CSR program, but there are still many people just as dedicated and able to ensure CSR programs help the disenfranchised in Pune, be they human, animals, or the planet.
    - Also, absolutely not a fan of the black T-shirts either. iPlace is supposed to be filled with light. It's part of our brand and the black T-shirts, well look at the group photos before and after. Completely agree on this point.
    - On the Logo, they were probably trying to make the company look more like one company instead of two entities. However, I highly recommend the you change the "i" in iPlace to Green to bring back that colour. It's used on everything.
    - When it comes to me going the extra mile for my teams, Ghanshyam is there. He's an amazing professional. Even if you don't like the other C-Level employees, he will give you the time if you don't understand a new policy or why a change was made. It was a real privilege working with him and I am forever grateful for his counsel.

Advice to Management

It's time for some of the iPlace Leadership to grow up and put their big boy pants on and stop reacting and creating havoc on the floor. Professionalism comes from the top. I talked a lot about spotlight behaviors to anyone who would listen and did my best to be honest and authentic with every team member I had the privilege to work with. If you have read some of the negative comments here on glassdoor, many cite certain leaders and their lack of living up to the core values and the iPlace Pledge. Those people should have been mentored by the CEO and that has not been effective, even after several years. I tried my best to make this change but did not have the power to do so. My advice to to you, dear poster, is to disregard them. Do your job the best you can. Be better than them. Follow the core values and iPledge. Become a professional leader by signing up for the LDP program and learn how to run a business. The Training group has many fine programs to help you advance your skills. Many of our best ex-employees are running their own shops, here, in Dubai, the US, Kuala Lumpur and Australia. iPlace is a fantastic company to work for. You may not know it yet as this may be your first or second job, but, trust me, I've worked for 20 and I put iPlace way up there in the companies I would work for again if given the opportunity. There are a lot of the best people in Pune working there and I am very proud to be an ex-iPlacer and still keep my badge, It was a great place to learn, to work, make money, make friends, and I would do it all over again.