iPlace Sourcer Reviews

Updated Aug 30, 2021

Found 105 of over 718 reviews

3.8
iPlace President & CEO Hank Levine (no image)
Hank Levine
  1. 5.0

Great stuff

Oct 26, 2020 - Talent Sourcing in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great stuff, good environment, nice people.

Cons

Social Politics and Fake promises

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company, good compensation and benefits

Aug 30, 2021 - Principal Sourcer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is based on performance Work life balance

Cons

Internal politics Weak management team in India Free lunch, was a joke

Continue reading
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good

Jun 21, 2021 - Sourcer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work environment Food is good

Cons

Not any as far as I know

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

RPO but good for freshers

May 10, 2021 - Sourcing Specialist in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free dinner,and good company, culture is good

Cons

RPO ,good for freshers, go for direct client if you want to make career in US staffing

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to work

Mar 17, 2021 - Sourcing in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

iPlace is an amazing place to start your career and excel your goal

Cons

Nothing as such, iPlace is well known in the RPO market

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Feb 25, 2021 - Technical Sourcer/Recruiter in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start career

Cons

Good stability. Supporting People and managers

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Job that will help you to discover what not to do in life

Feb 27, 2021 - Associate Sourcer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance Good work culture Free meals Free massage

Cons

Low salary Job politics No growth prospect No market value

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management team

Feb 20, 2021 - Senior Sourcer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

good office location, gym membership and sometimes good clients

Cons

bad management, nothing is organized well, no rules are followed. appraisal system is a bit illogical.

Continue reading

iPlace Response

Human Resources Lead

Thank you for your review. As you know, under our LaunchPad company operating system based on gamification, we do not have any performance reviews. Pay raises and promotions are achieved through earning stars for monthly goals. LaunchPad pay raises and promotions on earning stars removes managers’ biases and subjectivity and has constantly been one of the areas where our current and ex-employees have rated us highly since their pay raises are in their hands. Our top performers who contribute to the success of iPlace and our clients have earned five pay hikes in a year and most employees earn three pay hikes a year. Since our culture is purely performance driven, iPlace was certified as a Great Place to Work twice by the Great Place to Work of India. During the pandemic, iPlace continued to make business decisions guided by our core values – which include treating our employees as partners in the business while being a performance-based company. Although at the beginning of the pandemic we had an excess of recruiters/sourcers, iPlace was the only major Indian recruiting company that has had no layoffs or pay cuts. We have also continued to give pay raises and promotions through LaunchPad. iPlace prides on having an open-door policy where any employee can discuss their concerns with anybody without any retribution, including going directly to the CEO. If there are concerns about management, the constructive approach is to speak with senior management to solve the problems at hand. We hope you will reach out.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work Life at iplace

Nov 10, 2020 - Associate Sourcer in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good corporate environment, people are friendly and you feel great working here. Different activities, fun Friday and gifts received from employer are always GREAT!! If you join as a recruiter (night shift), you get more salary + incentives, and when you need a career enhancement there are more recruiting job offers.

Cons

1) They have martial law, which means you are given stars for strategies and your work. On achieving 40 stars, you get an appraisal. Good to hear, but when done practically, situations never let us achieve 40 stars. Because if we earn 2 stars with one week's hard work, they may get escalated just because you logged in late by a minute or 2 seconds. 2) In iPlace, you cannot take leaves just by informing them in the morning, that I am not coming today because I am unwell. That will result in another escalation of 2 stars. If you need a 1 day leave, you need to inform them prior to 3 working days to get it approved. So there is nothing called Sick leaves. 3) If you are unable to achieve to 40 stars, you have no right to ask for an appraisal. 4) Working in day shift is good but as per career enhancement, we dont get any recruiting experience. So when we search for opportunities elsewhere, there are more recruiter vacancies.

2 people found this review helpful

iPlace Response

Human Resources Lead

Thank you for your review. As you know, under our LaunchPad company operating system based on gamification, we do not have any performance reviews. Pay raises and promotions are achieved through earning stars for achieving weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. An independent survey conducted by Lorenzo Bizzi of Cal State Fullerton showed that LaunchPad led to 93 percent of our employees being engaged or highly engaged. That’s because basing pay raises and promotions on earning stars removes managers’ biases and subjectivity. Our top performers who contribute to the success of iPlace and our clients have earned five pay hikes in a year and most employees earn three pay hikes a year. During the pandemic, iPlace continued to make business decisions guided by our core values – which include treating our employees as partners in the business while being a performance-based company. Although at the beginning of the pandemic we had an excess of recruiters/sourcers, iPlace has had no layoffs or pay cuts. We have also continued to give pay raises and promotions through LaunchPad. iPlace strives to always put its employees first, and for the past two years we have been certified a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work® Institute. However, we need to balance the needs of our employees with the needs of our clients. After all, our clients have many options for meeting their recruiting needs. They choose to partner with iPlace because we get them placements and make them money. When an employee calls in sick with no notice, it is very difficult to for the backup to perform at a high level because the backup does not have time to prepare. Before we started deducting stars for employees who call in sick at the last minute or even after the workday has started, we had much higher rates of absenteeism , especially on Monday and Fridays. Once we started deducting stars, absenteeism on Mondays and Fridays dropped by almost 90%. This is one of the reasons that the last two years we have been awarded the Best of Staffing - Client Satisfaction by Inavero/ClearlyRated. If an employee has a true emergency, such as a death in the family or a verifiable serious illness, we do not deduct stars. Leaves are always approved when the employee applies for leaves with advance notice. We also have a very generous Comprehensive Annual Leave program with all employees accruing 24 leaves per year. The majority of our clients are in the US and, of course, recruiters need to interact with candidates and our clients during the US daytime. The US daytime is nighttime in India. If you are a recruiter in India and want to support clients in the US, you must work the nightshift. At iPlace, sourcers who identify candidates but do not talk to candidates work the India dayshift, which is the nighttime in the US. Sourcers who are willing to work a nightshift and want to become a recruiter can request to change jobs. If you demonstrate that you have what it takes to be a good recruiter, you will be given training and moved into a recruiting nightshift job.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Experiance

Jul 16, 2020 - Sourcing Manager in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff Management cares about their employees and looks after them Many opportunities for growth in the company

Cons

Lots of growth, so you never feel finished

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews