iPlace Sourcing Team Member Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Sourcing Team Member

iPlace Sourcing Team Member Reviews

Updated 16 Feb 2016

2.7
iPlace CEO Hank Levine (no image)
Hank Levine
  1. "Friendly place to work."

Current Employee - Sourcing Team Member in Pune

I have been working at iPlace full-time for less than a year

Pros

We are appreciated for our good work. Flexible timings of office hours to work. Very friendly people out here.

Cons

Need to give little more incentives or while appreciation less amount of money is paid as compare to the hard work done by any employee.

Advice to Management

Management needs to make proper decision while setting any goal to employees some are in favor some are not.

iPlace2016-02-17
  2. "Developing Company Capable of Achieving Great Heights!!"

Sourcing Team Member

I have been working at iPlace

Pros

Salary on time. Maximum earning capacity through incentives. Travel allowance provided by the company.

Cons

Company has stopped providing cab facility to the sourcing team which was initially a pro.

Advice to Management

Management should be able to trust employees a little more.

iPlace2016-02-15

February 16, 2016Chief Strategy Officer

Cabs for the day shift are ridiculously expensive since we would have to hire the cars for exclusive use throughout the day. The night shift is much less expensive since we share the cabs with other companies across Pune. The full cost of the seat for nine hours is used by other companies transporting their employees. If you have an affordable solution, please visit the intranet and add an iMakeaDifference idea and we'll get right to work on it. :-)

3. "Thank you for the learnings till date..."

I have been working at iPlace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice place to work. Provides great compensation packages and also incentive based environment.

Cons

Company should invest on training the sourcing in a better way. The current training system is very weak.

Advice to Management

Employee satisfaction and motivation matters.

iPlace2016-02-16

February 18, 2016Chief Strategy Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We're working on upgrading the training. I hope you had a chance to experience some of Shally Steckerl's custom video training we've added to the program. If you haven't seen them, please meet with your trainer to get access to these great videos.

"Improper Managemenr"

Former Employee - Sourcing Team Member in Pune

I worked at iPlace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing I can remember at this point of time

Cons

1. Delay in incentives. 2. Promoting people in the company who cant even handle their own client and client eventually leave iPlace 3. Lack of commitment in Management 4. They say we give lots of incentives, but the real picture is that they even charge for incentives from client. 5. People with just one year of total "Sourcing" experience becomes manager. However there are so many seniors who are well... capable of doing a Managers Job. 6. Policies keep on changing each and every month. Either its be company policy or "Launch Pad"(Stupid Policy to make the company size to 10,000 people by 2025). They can catch the number of 10,000+ in ID cards only not in actual size, may be that's their aim by 2025. 6. You have to be super favorite to your manager, then policies may change for you. 7. People become VP in the company with in just 4 years and the VP's main role is to solve fights between employees

Advice to Management

God bless the management with 10,000 people working for them at a same time. I am waiting for 2025.

iPlace2015-11-28

December 3, 2015Chief Strategy Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Let me clarify your points from our perspective. 1. Let’s say your candidate started work in September. iPlace needs the candidate to complete 30 calendar days before the placement can be billed to the client. This means that iPlace will invoice this placement to the client at the end of October 2015. Payout of incentives will only happen once the client pays the October invoices to iPlace. iPlace also follows a one month deferred pay-out for all incentives. Therefore, if iPlace receives the payment from the client in the month of November, this incentive will be paid out to you with December’s salary which you will receive on January 1, 2016. 2. Clients leave because they are not getting return on their investment. If a client were unhappy with their interaction with a new leader, they would escalate the issue to senior management. All managers start off green. They learn their skills just like any other new position. They are bound to make a few mistakes – we’re all human. If you can detail a time when a client has fired us due to a new leader’s interaction, please share. We have more issues with ensuring placements. Our clients want great people hired for great jobs with their end clients and they can excuse a few hiccups with a new manager. Clients leave due to underperformance of the team. If you were on a team that a client fired, you may want to look internally at whether you produced a minimum 2xCTC yourself. 2xCTC only keeps a client satisfied with the investment. Delivering 4xCTC grows a team – the client will only add more members to the team if it makes financial sense to do so. 3. Not sure what you mean by this, but our management has all been promoted from within, and are supported by senior management and the iLead Leadership Development Program. Managers and above need to commit to working longer shifts on many occasions to accommodate client work, along with long range planning, training and development, and more. On more than one occasion, the company has been delighted to watch many of the new leaders in our company grow as business professionals. 4. We absolutely do. Both the client and iPlace pay for performance. We pass on these incentives directly to you whenever you make placements. If you don’t make placements, you don’t earn incentives. Results matter - to iPlace and the client, which is why we pay the highest incentives in India. 5. We NEVER promote due to longevity. Our LaunchPad program in Operations makes it very visible who is performing and those who are able to develop their team members, deliver placements, exemplifies iPlace’s core values of integrity, respect, professionalism, knowledge, creativity and partnership in a performance-based culture, are promoted. During our initial LaunchPad launch, we were excited to see natural leaders that were previously not noticed by senior management. It has to do with your abilities, talents, desire to transform and potential. If you weren’t selected, perhaps you should look at what you could do differently to make this happen for yourself. 6. We are a fast growing company that listens to their employees. When we find different solutions to address internal issues, we’re going to try them. We make no excuses for that as experimentation is the best way to improve. 6 (#2). Nope. Nada. Absolutely incorrect. Management has nothing to do with changes in policy. Senior management, in cooperation with HR and Shared Services make changes to policy, something you had an issue with in Point 6. If employees share solutions which create change to policy, the policy is changed for all staff, not just that one person. 7. Actually one of the V.P.s has been with the company only three years. Our COO is 28 years old. Many of our staff are very young, many their first job out of college. We promote those who show natural leadership ability, performance, team development, attitude and behaviors. Without these abilities, you cannot achieve placements and grow your team. Growing your team gets you promoted. V.P.s spend long hours refining LaunchPad, dealing with clients, dealing with employees, addressing training, performing forecasting and long range planning. They are responsible for getting us to 10,000 employees by 2025, and I am very pleased to say we are on target to achieving that goal.

5. "“ Excellent - to - Very Good - to - Good - to – Satisfactory – to - ???? ”"

I have been working at iPlace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Used to be a good company A company with great career opportunity for fresher A company which was open for suggestions. A company where work and fun time was equally balanced

Cons

Lack of trust / belief Lack of Freedom to work. I used to believe that iPlace believes in quality of work not how it is done and all. But it seems to be changed now . Feeling like a school again ;)

Advice to Management

Show trust in employees Listen first , provide solutions later Management should come up with ideas for employee motivation/retention. Don’t force them out of the company Giving credit to people on right time will be appreciated :)

iPlace2014-02-19