xScion Solutions Reviews

Alison Banziger
  1. "Great Employer"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time

Pros

xScion has a great corporate culture and allows everyone to contribute and grow. The company has aggressive growth plans.

Cons

Consulting has advantages and disadvantages. Your learning is accelerated because you have the opportunity to work with multiple clients and observe different challenges they experience, as well as best practices they employ. It can also be a roller coaster as the work is dependent on the number of clients and contracts coming in.

2. "Great People; Company Transitioning"

Former Employee - Vice President in Vienna, VA

I worked at xScion Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's good reason that xScion earns "Best Places to Work" awards in Virginia for multiple years.

Cons

xScion was going through a transition from IT staff supplementation to a project based company and change is challenging.

3. COVID-19

"Great Culture & Team"

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great open door policy with CEO, who truly values team members. I appreciate that we all have the ability to really impact change at the company and for our clients. My voice matters. Plus, the company is nimble, lean and growing. Overall, great place to work.

Cons

COVID and unexpected remote working can be a challenge for some, but overall, xScion has done a really good job of staying in constant communication, ensuring we are all connected and feeling part of a team.

4. "Fun and Challenging Team Environment"

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time

Pros

It's challenging in a good way-Big Fish Small Pond effect- where you can step right in and have an impact. Team members are great! Brilliant, talented, fun and supportive people.

Cons

None, unless you don't enjoy working hard and you aren't flexible.

Continue reading
  5. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Development in McLean, VA

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every person at xScion works hard to contribute to the overall success of the company. Open communication, teamwork, and a great company culture are all part of the day to day.

Cons

Small business environment may not be the right fit for everyone.

6. "Big Company Capability with Small Company Nimbleness"

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, Diversity, Delivery Excellence, Business Acumen, Core Values

Cons

None to highlight at this time.

Continue reading

"The opportunity that I've been waiting for"

Current Employee - Senior Client Partner in McLean, VA

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A fun and fulfilling start-up environment without the startup headaches and downsides (xScion is an established company that's been in business for over 18 years). Prior to xScion, I always felt like I was in the the right place at the wrong time, but here, I feel like I'm in the right place at the "right" time, finally. We're poised for growth and the current environment is tailor-made for those individuals who are looking for an opportunity to really build something and to be rewarded for creativity and ingenuity (all things that I value at this point in my career). I also love how here I'm not just a number, or some other client partner or BD person. I get to interact every day with the entire leadership team and share my thoughts and ideas on the direction and the future of the company. It's incredibly fulfilling to not only have your voice heard, but to see your ideas put into action. The culture is great, the upside on income potential is unlimited and the sky is the limit.

Cons

As with any company in transition or operating in a startup mode, there are things that need to be improved, processes that need to be flushed out and you sometimes have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. But, I'm here to affect change and to help create and shape the environment that I envision, so a little uncertainty and a little imperfection simply come with the opportunity at hand, and I'm embrace that.

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Louisville, KY

I worked at xScion Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Management, very upfront company

Cons

I have no negative comments about xScion

"Culture is everything."

Current Employee - Management in McLean, VA

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of consulting firms around the beltway; what differentiates xScion from the bunch is the corporate culture built around individual growth. In my 3 years here, I have enjoyed the opportunity to grow in my own career, collaborate with really bright people, and create value that is recognized. While xScion provides sophisticated services to its customers, the jovial nature of the corporate culture belies the seriousness of the work performed by the amazing team of consultants.

Cons

xScion is a small business (under 150 people) thus does not have the big 4 corporate benefits. The familial nature of the team does mitigate this to some degree.

10. "Great Company, Great Culture!"

I have been working at xScion Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

xScion feels like a small family- not just co-workers- but people who truly care about you. Culture is upbeat and fun- from yearly events to just bagel Tuesdays- they are showing their employees they care.

Cons

Small company going through lots of changes. Both a pro and a con! I can only see the company getting better.

xScion Solutions Response

June 19, 2019Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and we're so happy to hear you love the culture and events. Thanks for being a part of the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews