Patient empowerment. What does it mean and how is it affecting health care?
Patient empowerment provides patients with greater control of their health care, gaining command over the decisions and actions affecting their health.
Here are some ways this practice is affecting the medical industry
• Patients are now viewed as valuable members of the care team and their engagement is critical in creating a comprehensive care plan.
• An engaged patient means having another set of eyes on the medical record, identifying and fixing errors to make care safer.
• Informed patients are better equipped to ask clinical staff questions. Physicians could then accurately answer any queries about a patient’s diagnosis, medical history, family history, etc.#PatientEmpowerment #PatientPower
(Ref: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM4uv, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM4uP, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM4ud)
Flu clinic nurses are needed for this upcoming flu season. This is an excellent opportunity to help your community and earn some extra income all while maintaining a schedule that works for you. We are estimating that we’ll provide over one thousand immunization shots this year and we need a large crew of fantastic caregivers to help. Search openings near you by visiting http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM4Fb #FluSeason #NursingJobs
Tips for transitioning into a new nursing specialty
1. Ask yourself why: Consider why you want to change specialties. Is your job mundane? Is it not as exciting as it used to be? Or do you just need to remain resilient after a tough week? Whatever it may be, sit down and really think about whether a change is necessary.
2. Do your homework: Read articles and blogs, watch videos, and visit tradeshows to learn as much as you can regarding the type of specialties that are out there.
3. Enhance your skills: A new position may require additional skills. Do your research regarding what qualifications attract employers to determine if going back to school or attending a training course is necessary.
4. Consider the future: Since you are new to a specialty, you might need to take a pay cut or initially accept assignments you may not deem ideal. Therefore, remember these scenarios before making the change. #NurseLife #NursingCareer
(Ref: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM4nM, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM4nk)
Two weeks ago, the Fayetteville team was proud to receive the Carolina Cup award for Q2. This encompasses business growth, patient and client satisfaction, and achieving quality hires. Great job, team! Keep it up! #HealthcareStaffing #TeamUnity
The travel services office in Tampa surprised our nurse Mary with a red carpet and balloons after being selected as the area Caregiver of the Year. Alisha, to the right of the photo, is Maryâs recruiter and this is the first time that they met in person. Theyâve developed a bond throughout the years so it was such a heartwarming greeting. What a magical day and emotional day for all. #NurseAwards #Nurses #TravelNurse
5 interesting facts about nurses
1. The demand for RNs is projected to be 3,601,800 in 2030.
2. There are currently over 2.9 million nurses in the United States.
3. Nearly 1 million registered nurses in the US will reach retirement age within the next 10 to 15 years.
4. More than half (55%) of the RN workforce is over 50 years old.
5. Nursing students make up more than half of all health profession students.
(Ref: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMeQP, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMeQd)
Healthcare trends we are seeing thus far in 2019
â¢ Technology has made it possible for patients to interact with their doctors without having to visit them. Whether itâs Fitbits, smartphones, or video chat, the latest devices have made care more efficient.
â¢ More medical professionals are utilizing electronic medical records to access someoneâs medical history. Often within seconds, the healthcare professional can make informed decisions when treating the patient.
â¢ Customization is ascending, as healthcare facilities are creating a personalized experience using data. Furthermore, patients can access their own records.
â¢ Population health and wellness continues to grow, as the health management strategy aims to improve the quality of care and reduce cost. #HealthcareTrends #HealthTech
(Ref: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMepe, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMep4)
Congratulations to Libby and Michael from our Nashville office celebrating five years with Maxim Healthcare!
They are both key members of our leadership team and have made a strong and definable impact on many throughout their tenure. It is safe to say that August 2014 was a game-changer! #WorkAnniversay #HealthcareStaffing
August is National Immunization Awareness Month, recognizing the importance of vaccination for people of all ages. Some still question the positive effects of vaccines. So here are five myths debunked.
1. Vaccines cannot cause autism.
2. They do not contain unsafe toxins.
3. Immune systems do not weaken in children when vaccinated.
4. Several studies have proven their effectiveness.
5. Delaying vaccinations for children can cause risk of life-threatening diseases.
(Ref: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMe2y, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMe2Y, http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMe2R)
Last week, the Greenville office sported t-shirts in support of our beloved coworker, Shana. Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, treatment has been tough, yet she still comes to work each day with a smile on her face and ready to help caregivers and clients succeed. Thank you for all that you do. You are so strong, Shana.