Senior Business Analyst / Systems Analyst / Project Manager-838596
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are a nimble team of highly experienced and skilled developers researching and developing the future of the asset management industry and capital market structures.
We are looking for talented people to join us in building an entirely new platform that will dramatically expand the concept of investing and asset management as it relates to the entire Digital Asset domain.
Prior experience or domain knowledge of the financial industry and current practical knowledge of the public blockchain ecosystem is highly preferred, however a keen willingness to learn and explore new business and technical concepts is an absolute must.
Location: This position can be located in one of our offices located in Rancho Cordova-CA, San Ramon-CA, Salt Lake City, Ft. Lauderdale, or work remotely in select states, which may include CA, CT, FL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NY, OH, RI, SD, TX, UT, WI, WY, NE
If you consider yourself an experienced Analyst, Subject Matter Expert, or Program Manager who has practical experience with a meaningful and interesting cross-section of the following technologies, practices, concepts, and domains, we want to talk to you:
- Familiarity with multiple asset management domains, with particularly strong knowledge in at least one: Transfer Agent, Shareholder Recordkeeping, Exchange, Market Making, Portfolio Management, Risk Management, and/or Trading requirements and capabilities
- Establishing and maintaining a software product roadmap ensuring continuous delivery of new and improved capabilities
- Research and analysis of market trends in uses of technologies throughout the Blockchain ecosystem and Digital Asset domain
- Data curation and analysis with practical knowledge of common database query languages and tooling
- Development and monitoring of KPI instrumentation and dashboarding
- Interaction across enterprise-wide teams with key partners and internal stakeholders regarding practical timelines, logic issues, and infrastructure integration
- Ability and comfort working with data of widely varying degrees of complexity and scale
- Work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision
- A strong ability to research, organize, and define tasks by building a network of contacts and resources throughout a broad organization
- The realities of mission critical production support and monitoring
- Technical writing, diagramming, and wireframing of requirements, gathered knowledge, and designs throughout the application development lifecycle
- ALM tools such as the Atlassian suite
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Multiple years of professional project management or analysis experience on mission critical systems
- Relevant industry experience (active or passive investment management, especially notable if in the front office domain) is preferred but not mandatory
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum, DAD, Kanban, and the like) work organization methodologies
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changes within the business
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
- Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com. In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.
JOB FUNCTION: Information Technology
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-California-Rancho Cordova
OTHER LOCATIONS: United States-Florida-Florida Remote, United States-Utah-Utah Remote, United States-Florida-Ft. Lauderdale, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-California-San Ramon, United States-California-California Remote