BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderate research, design, and data engineering assignments within a specific engineering functional area or product line.
- 3+ years’ experience in data management area with a technical competencies demonstrated.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
- File management skills and logic.
- Ability to work with simple data models (e.g., Microsoft Power BI).
- Proficient of data manipulation and scripting practices such as but not limited to: PowerShell, Regular Expressions, Perl, Python.
- Familiarity of Industry best practices - Code coverage.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Good knowledge of data manipulation languages.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies (e.g., Cloud).
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Own specific set or group of data transfers/projects in various capacities including development, collection setup, data transfer setup, contributor/customer setup, etc.
- Oversee specific database management & Tools ensuring structure and dataflow adheres to department standards.
- Perform daily data loads ensuring recurring updates are logged and tracked.
- Utilize various data workflow management and analysis tools.
- Produce code that is efficient, repeatable, and adherent to best practices such as naming conventions, encapsulation, etc.
- Good level of intimacy within a specific data content area.
- Participate in process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high quality services on time, and to specification, resulting in flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet business needs.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of data components of moderate complexity.
- Complete simple data engineering bug fixes and resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to understand data and translate requirements.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.