Sales Data Analyst
The Sales Data Analyst is responsible for initial and ongoing training of DALB’s ERP system and other training needs, Process Mapping, Document Control and Customer Master Data analysis and maintenance within DALB’s Sage ERP system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Customer Data domain, report design and maintenance and Sales data creation and analysis. The position will have responsibility for Data Governance within the Customer domain and assist in the development of Standard Data Policies & Procedures and Training through implementation. This person will interface regularly with internal functional teams, such as Customer Service, Sales, Finance, Production, Fabrications and & IT. Secondary Master Data responsibilities will include maintaining Pricing & other core Master Data elements within the Master Data Management Organization. The specialist will also be responsible for understanding, implementing and managing the CRM module.
The position will also be responsible for analyzing internal data for areas such as order turn, order volume, order by CSR, etc. This data will be used to create internal metrics to measure capacity management and process improvements. The same will be done for external data to evaluate existing and potential customers, markets, products and business opportunities. The research will assist leadership to evaluate economic, competitor, market, industry and customer growth trends and conditions. Standard duties are to collect and analyze data to evaluate monthly and annual sales goals and forecasts. Develop and maintain electronic systems to track and predict product demand, industry shifts and customer buying changes.
- Create and maintain Customer Master Data records, including but not limited to Address Book, Customer Hierarchies, Reports, and Price lists
- Comply with and monitor all Data Policies & Procedures for system Requests & Approvals for Master Data Domains, including but not limited to Master Data Creation, Maintenance and Activation/Deactivation.
- Analyze and troubleshoot Master Data Domain and system issues with/for Stakeholders, effectively communicating results to Stakeholders.
- Monitor activity associated with the Master Data records within owned Master Data Domain to determine integrity issues and volume analyses.
- Responsible for the execution of processes and maintenance of various other Master Data Management elements to ensure accurate data creation.
- Assist in defining, developing, documenting and training Stakeholders and Business System users on Master Data Governance Policies & Procedures and related business processes to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct and/or define analyses to evaluate on-going business process changes that affect Master Data Management/Governance elements with impact to Master Data Governance Policies & Procedures.
- Assist and/or lead various Master Data Management data and process improvement initiatives
- Assist and/or coordinate with various other internal departments to ensure data consistency and integrity throughout all areas of the Master Data Management domain.
- Assist with internal and external system implementations and upgrades in areas relating to Customer Master Data and other related Master Data Management Data Domains.
- Create, maintain and analyze reports using various methods such as sage business intelligence, OBDC, Report Writer, etc.
- Assist in analyzing, participating, and/or managing various customer related system related special projects.
- Identify ERP issues as they arise and contribute to solutions.
Core Competency Requirements (identify the skills, qualities, experience and specialized training needed for a job)
Knowledge and expertise in:
- Strong computer skills necessary (All Microsoft Office programs) with heavy focus on Excel
- Data extraction from databases
- Excel formulas
- Prior experience working with ERP/CRM (integration experience is ideal)
- The ability to perform advance excel functions such as pivot tables, filters, sorting, and subtotals
Required Skills (skill set required to be able to perform the job)
- Analytical Skills: work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching.
- Communication Skills: present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. Vigilance in analysis is critical to come to correct conclusions.
- Strong math and analysis skills
Ideal Education and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- MBA is considered a plus
- ERP (3+ years of experience) with knowledge of Master Data Management
This position has no direct reports
Work Environment (office or plant)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Training(onboarding needed to orient to position)
- Company orientation
- Departmental orientation
- General safety
- ISO 9001
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ADA/EEO Statement s DALB's policy to recruit and offer equal employment opportunity for all jobs to all persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, handicap, physical or mental disability or veteran's status. We are dedicated to maintaining a nondiscriminatory climate in which the following policy of affirmative action is administered equitably to all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday