Data Scientist II
Our data scientists are responsible for leading the development of advanced analytics models to solve our customers’ problems through innovative products and services; and inform internal business operations and strategy. They will work closely with product, engineering, and our business stakeholders as the subject matter expert on the application mathematical modeling across our family of leading client’s brands. The Data Scientist II works under the direction of senior data science staff and contributes to all phases of an analytics project. The scope of work includes the analysis and preparation of data, the development of specified models, and the compilation of results. The Data Scientist II works under the direction of senior data science staff and contributes to all phases of an analytics project. The scope of work includes the analysis and preparation of data, the development of specified models, and the compilation of results.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
· Under the direction of senior team members, contribute to all phases of an analytics project, including formulation, research, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
· Present findings to peers and data science leadership.
· Maintain an awareness of trends in the field and research and suggest new methodologies.
· BS/BA with 3 years’ experience; MS with up to 2 years’ experience.
· Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
· Proven experience applying descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive statistics to real-world problems.
· Experience in general programming language, e.g., Python.
· Experience querying relational databases using SQL.
· An understanding of one or more of the following strongly preferred:
· Statistics: Generalized linear models, time series models, and forecasting techniques.
· Operations Research: Linear and mixed integer optimization and discrete event simulation.
· Machine Learning: Common supervised and unsupervised ML models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and a standard ML library, e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow.
· Experience with product development strongly preferred.
· Experience creating compelling data visualizations strongly preferred.
· Other duties as needed or required.
· Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year