As a member of Pfizer’s Digital Product & Launch team, the Serialization Data Configuration (SDC) Manager will coordinate Pfizer’s data and configuration operations in support of ongoing and new regulatory serialization initiatives. This role will be responsible for planning the near-term and long-term technical aspects of transferring serialization master data between solutions based on business requirements. This role will provide subject matter expertise as well as technical coordination, planning and insight to the SDC master data services roadmap aligned to the overall program / Digital strategies for Pfizer. This role will also design and rollout serialization data related solutions and interfaces through internal and external operational partners (IT vendor solutions, plant lines, plant warehouses, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, distribution warehouses, Logistics Service Providers, trading partners, governments, etc).
This role will work with SDC Business Leadership to help define business requirements and provide feedback on the feasibility of implementing those requirements. This role will help implement a strategic effort to move from existing manual interface processes to automated processes.
This role will partner with teams within Pfizer to help establish data requirements, influence service offerings, partner in development, and collaborate on the delivery of the services. Additional responsibilities include participation in product and launch, industry groups, the development of the serialization data standards, data extracts and analysis, partnering with different Digital Shared Services organizations, support and improvement of operational data interfaces, and working with multiple global business partners. This role will ensure data services compliance with corporate standards, provide support for related services/applications, and work to enable automation and process improvements.
In the area of Digital serialization:
- Serve as the Serialization Data Configuration (SDC) subject matter expert and provide guidance to various teams as needed while also capturing continuous improvement opportunities for SDC documentation
- Architect, lead, and deliver the ongoing serialization master data services that support the serialization solution
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a serialization data services roadmap
- Provide ongoing functional / technical support and change management (execution of day-to-day work):
- Provide L3/L4 support for data related tasks. Provide top level support diagnostic and expertise for key support escalations unable to be resolved by L1, L2 level support teams
- Evaluate incoming service/enhancement requests to ensure that all system fixes, enhancements and releases are aligned with and approved by the overall change management team for the program as well as adhering to compliance standards
- Align with the overall program change management implementation planning for data system changes
- Coordinate and manage data solution design and prioritizing development activities managing release activities and maintaining Solution roadmap
- Facilitate completion of Service Request issues
- Execute and coordinate team resource to complete all necessary testing for enhancements and work with various groups on related testing
- Guide, develop, and approve related SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), where applicable
- Understand custom master data management solution Roadmap, Support and Deliver future releases
- Ensure technical SDC solutions are aligned to business processes for SDC services
- Ensure adherence to compliance standards
- Support enterprise-wide Digital solution architecture
- Provide input to the development of the strategic Enterprise Serialization Digital roadmap for Pfizer
- Provide input in the architecture of the business and functional processes for product serialization
- Engage with other technology teams to evaluate, design, maintain, and ensure solutions and data services meet serialization business needs across internal and external platforms
- (Technical collaboration required with other solutions for integration designs, diagnostics, and support. This activity includes but is not limited to: Enterprise Serial Number Management , EPCIS, Custom Master Data Solutions, MES plant / line solutions, as well as the many operational systems impacted within Pfizer (SAP and other ERPs), network firewalls, sFTP, web services.)
- Conduct the technical impact analyses and solution planning based on business process and requirements
- Partner with other Digital organizations ensuring solution alignment and on-time development delivery
- Assist in creating and executing a strategy from current manual process state to an automated supportable state for data migration (enterprise sources to serialization solution systems)
- Collaborate to help ensure repeatable, scalable, and sustainable processes are in place that support ongoing solution delivery
- Access and ensure audit readiness and disaster recovery planning for serialization data solutions
- Guide and approve developed training packages for serialization data collection and processing
- Leverage partnerships via contingent workers, peer solution teams and others in a matrixed organization to achieve the above role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar sciences
- 5+ years overall systems technology experience in large scale systems implementations / support with a minimum of 2 years working with enterprise master data related activities.
- Candidate should be comfortable working in a large global, matrix organization. Strong organizational collaboration / partnership skills.
- Experience in architecting and hands-on delivery of enterprise systems, serialization, data interfaces, leading resources, and project management.
- Demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers in a matrixed environment, oversee and guide the work of others to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Knowledge or familiarity with various technologies including master data management systems, middleware products, database systems, and other related infrastructure components
- Knowledge or familiarity with the production support process, including tasks, escalation routes, communications, and other related activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, often-ambiguous, regulatory/ validated environment
- Master's degree
- Experience working in information technology within the pharmaceutical industry (7+ years)
- Global scale product serialization experience
- Intellectual rigor & flexibility/tenacity to manage design trade-offs; evidence of innovation, problem-solving & structured thinking skills
- Understanding of data systems/data landscape
Please apply with a resume in English
LI # PFE
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives ... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Information & Business Tech