Here at Pleo we work on painful problems that we see today and try to solve them with a touch of magic. Our angle to do this is through company spending; we’ve built a product that gives trust and autonomy to all employees: everyone gets a company card and spends company money responsibly. No expense reports. No time wasted. Decentralization of decision making. Delegation through ownership. That's our focus.
Welcome to our Senior Data Analyst role
As a Senior Data Analyst at Pleo you will be responsible for fostering an environment, where decisions are supported by clear analysis and accurate data no matter how big or small. You will help our commercial teams with valuable insights to enable data-driven decision making on a daily basis as well as supporting ongoing projects and long term strategic decision making.
Furthermore you will define metrics and KPI’s, build automated dashboards, reports and advanced models to help teams make better and faster decisions. You will work closely with C-level management in the commercial side of the business including Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing and Finance acting as a consultant and partner to help achieve their strategic goals.
You will thrive in this role if you
- Have genuine passion to understand data and the processes and story behind it
- Can connect the dots and read in-between the lines and combine statistical and business perspectives to uncover the underlying story in any data
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand what moves them and why
- Empower the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Are great at communicating clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
The nitty gritty skills needed
- 5+ years working experience with SQL.
- Experience in data modelling for analytical/reporting use
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Solid experience in modelling key metrics measured in SaaS companies like churn prediction, Customer Lifetime Value, Monthly Recurring Revenue and Customer Acquisition Cost etc.
- Experience with data visualisation in BI Tools such as Tableau, Looker etc
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Great communicator of analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Experience with more advanced analytics topics such predictive modelling, cohort analysis and regression analysis
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Bigquery etc) or similar tools
Your colleagues say you
- Are very curious to the the story and the people behind the data
- Are striving for excellence
- Are taking extreme ownership
- Empathetic of people and stakeholders
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was in Northern Ireland in December (2019)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices when you're here
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, beer brewing, skiing, Pleo dinners, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 320+ team, from over 46 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, or Montreal offices – and quite a few full-time remotes in 16 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Things to look up about us
Sometimes, we win awards
If you want to know how we hire company-wide, there's a post on our blog.
Or have a sneak peek into what happens when get together for Pleo Team Camp on our YouTube