What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
- Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
- Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
- Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
- Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
North American Market Quality Department’s mission is to identify and resolve field quality problems quickly to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain quality competitiveness. Our Data Analytics Engineers review multiple data sources to evaluate, summarize and draw conclusions to identify trends that lead to countermeasure activity by our Analysis Engineers. In the Market Information Group we look for candidates who have a passion for our mission and can take responsibility to focus on Market Quality needs and strive to innovate and continuously learn.
- Capable of analyzing multiple data sources (warranty claims, dealer information, manufacturing data, geographical, environmental etc.) in detail to identify quality trends and problem indicators using engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrate the ability to look for data trends not previously identified through deep understanding of the data and the ability to holistically review each problem.
- Transform data using SQL to identify trends that lead to actionable problems.
- Effectively generate ideas and support building tools in order to automate analysis processes.
- Summarize and evaluate data, make conclusions and provide direction on problems identified.
- Using engineering analysis, develop a risk assessment, considering seriousness, urgency and growth of emerging market problems.
- Utilize predictive analytics (Forecasting) to support future growth of problems identified to ensure action is taken at the appropriate time.
- Ensure data integrity through testing of results.
- Strong communication & visualization of the data to articulate the findings.
- Responsible to support and direct analysis engineers with developing data queries for a specifically described problem.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Strong problem solving skills to ensure data is correct and responsible areas accept the results.
- Ability to combine engineering analysis with market data to identify warranty problems early.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and visual) – ability to communicate market data and engineering analysis regarding conclusions that were reached. Ability to create and present market data reports to support investigations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Decisive in determining the importance of a market problem and its impact to customer satisfaction and future models.
- Development /programming of tools to improve department efficiency, eliminate repetitive tasks, and implement new warranty analysis tools/techniques.
- Prioritization skills to manage work load and make sound decisions for assigned team's data analysis activities.
- Proficient using query languages such as SQL.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. (desired)
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques. (desired)
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R & Python. (desired)
- Excel VBA Programming (desired)
- QlikView (Business Intelligence software) Programming (desired)
- Basic statistical distribution knowledge (desired)
Required Work Experience:
Minimum of 3 months co-op/internship or related experience required
BS in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics or Engineering with strong engineering aptitude or equivalent relevant experience.
A few other important details:
- Responsible for team's engineering data analytics on automotive products built at every Honda and Acura factory in North America (Accord, CR-V, RDX, NSX, etc.)
- Office environment and work from home opportunities available
- Travel approximately 1 time per quarter 1-3 days
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays