Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency
They are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our growing Data and Analytics team. Join this exciting journey in modernizing their legacy solutions to the next-generation cloud platform. You will be responsible for working in a cross-functional team to expand, optimize, and improve overall data quality and set up next-generation data orchestration using modern cloud tools and technologies. As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will be designing and building secure and resilient architectures, with the goal of providing actionable insights to our Advisors for them to optimize their business.
Primary Responsibilities of the Data Engineer
Primary Requirements for the Data Engineer
Design and develop data pipelines to extract data from a wide variety of data sources using Azure, Snowflake Cloud, and cloud-native technologies.
- Build a data model to get actionable insights from data, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Design and manage inbound and outbound data processes and monitoring. Work with the data provider to bring in new feed into our data eco-system.
- Enjoy working in Agile as part of a scrum team and deliver high-quality products incrementally in an interactive manner.
- Write Test Driven Development based code to meet overall data quality standards as defined by the users.
- Automate the data testing processes and integrate them with monitoring systems.
- You are a team player who enjoys working with and supporting an Application Engineering team, DBA, Infrastructure, and Project Management Office.
- Analyze existing systems (including legacy) and data sets to help Business Analysts define the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Meet with the business users, assist with data-related technical issues, and support their data infrastructure needs
What’s in it for you as a Data Engineer with a growing company?
- Strong experience with NoSQL database, including Postgres
- Background in working with Azure Cloud Services: Data Factory, SQL database, Functions, Data Lake, Databricks, Logic Apps, and Azure Automation.
- Fluent in object-oriented and functional script language: Python, Scala, and C#.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL Server database - writing advanced SQL script, profiling, and optimization.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools: Microsoft Integration Services, Reporting Services, and Analysis Services, as well as PowerBI.
- Experience with other Big Data tools such as Spark, Snowflake, and Kafka
- Preference for background in Financial Services, ideally in the Wealth Management/Independent Broker-Dealer/RIA industry
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, MIS/Information Management, Engineering or related field
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position
- A world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years
- Career path, training support, and opportunities for advancement within
- Award-winning, a stable leader in their market space and still growing
- A solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and a bonus plan
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.
- A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water