Laboratory Information Management System Business Analyst
- The LIMS Business Analyst is a critical role on the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) project team. This position will work with lab and operation team members to understand end-to-end process workflows, the associated relevant software applications, drive and contribute to process reengineering initiatives, elicit and document requirements and specifications, and act as the facilitator between the Subject Matter Experts and the IT teams. This project will ensure the business processes and functionalities are developed accordingly, tested, and implemented in the scope of the implementation of new and existing LIMS applications.
- Review analyze and capture business systems and user needs. Document requirements define objectives and formulate systems to harmonize business processes.
- Develops close working relationships with cross-disciplinary teams to understand and document end-to-end process workflows and the supporting software applications.
- Elicits requirements and act as the facilitator between Subject Matter Experts and IT teams translating complex functional requirements into functional/technical/non-functional specifications.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancements and contributes to process reengineering initiatives Performs gap analysis and recommends solutions for business users.
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements; identifies opportunities to harmonize and simplify processes, where required.
- Contribute to process mapping in a range of functional dependencies, including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution, equipment, data management, quality systems and facilities
- Identify and articulate the impact of proposed modification changes with comparison of current and future state processes.
- Provides leadership to team as a change agent, with vision to support configuration management and adoption.
- Drives the requirement management lifecycle, including the creation, grooming, development, and testing activities, overseeing the delivery of the product as per the requirements.
- Conducts testing of IT solutions within project timelines to ensure quality, and reports testing failure to project team.
- Prepares process maps, user guides, standard operating procedures, user manuals and other functional documentation.
- Provides training to the users about processes and the systems involved in supporting such processes.
- As the process expert, provides support and critical insights to processes and functionality implemented in the systems used across the organization.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Supports regular attendance and punctuality; and may require non-standard times for scheduling meetings to support global business accommodations of time zones.
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate and supports quality requirements in documentation.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness.
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required.
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines.
- Adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements.
- IIBA Business Analyst certification or equivalent certification
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Experience supporting IT solutions in a clinical, research or academic laboratory environment
- Experience supporting ERP applications, including Microsoft AX and/or commercial LIMS applications
- Above average oral and written communication skills. Ability to drive change through stakeholder management, without confrontation.
- Fluent in English, and ability to analyze and present material in English to global stakeholders.
- Capacity to conceptualize creative solutions, document and sell solutions to all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to solve practical problems, define cause and effect, map dependencies in process.
- Organized, detail oriented, analytical, curious, with demonstrated troubleshooting and investigation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask with organization and manage time effectively.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage (internal or external) Client expectations.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight, in a complex global environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in support of advancing human health.
- Successful completion of the company’s safety program is required.
- Willingness to travel internationally to support global Eurofins facilities, up to 25% of time.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems, Life Sciences, or any other equivalent degree or experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business process design and improvement, in the scope of large systems implementation, preferably in a laboratory / bioinformatics environment (LIMS/ Analytical Software).
- Familiarity with software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of St. Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
Life and disability insurance
401(k) with company match
Paid vacation and holidays
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.