Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Using industry experience and knowledge of Company systems, the incumbent leads, observes, assists, and directs the Business Analyst team in conjunction with the Director of PMO.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with business units and the Information Technology department in order to analyze, define, test, and launch efficient business, financial, and operation systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
- Assist business units to determine project requirements, create project timelines, document project lifecycles, and provide insightful support to create workable solutions.
- Manage and direct projects, as well as the projects of others, within the Project Management Office.
- Serve as liaison between the appropriate business unit, IT development staff, and Project Management team in order to communicate, both verbally and in writing, technology maintenance and/or development projects that are generally either short-term or more routine in nature.
- Coordinate testing efforts and results with IT development staff.
- Assist in defining business, financial, and operation requirements and goals by pointing out potential impacts, suggesting alternatives, and working to facilitate communication between the business unit and the IT development staff.
- Identify and define issues with a project and may mediate a resolution, if necessary.
- Assist in documenting design sessions for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations and information process flows.
- Using a variety of business model and system analysis techniques and key metrics, evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems to determine and develop strategy for operational improvements.
- In conjunction with the Quality Assurance Analyst II, ensure execution of adequate testing on new systems and system modifications.
- Ensure compatibility of various computing systems.
- Prepare basic reports and make recommendations regarding alternatives to problem areas in various operating systems.
- Support continuous process improvement for multiple business domains by maintaining an extensive understanding of current business processes and flows and how they functionally align with other business units.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide project scope to Quality Assurance Analyst team.
- May train Quality Assurance team on how to test new systems and system modifications.
- Serve as project manager over significant development activities.
- Provide guidance, support, and act as a team leader to the Project Management staff.
- Serve as a mentor in order to train and develop members of same.
- Complete any special projects and performs other duties as instructed or required to complete the job successfully.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Essential)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully interpersonally and otherwise, with internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Ability to work effectively in the faces of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work additional hours, beyond the core business hours, upon request.
- Ability to maintain regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Requires effective management of mental stress due to the nature and scope of the position.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, apply, and comply with, Company policies and procedures.
- Experience with information systems, computer systems, or related subjects. Strong operation and system process orientation.
- Exhibit a solid knowledge base of property and casualty insurance and the Company’s business lines, including processes, products, goals, and objectives. Strong knowledge of P&C insurance products, cycle processes, key application systems, file structures, databases, and infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of industry applications, business and technology trends, competitive scenarios, regulations, suppliers, and vendors.
- Ability to provide technical and project management leadership to a team. Ability to effectively manage projects of a lengthy, on-going, and complex nature. Demonstrate consistent ability to multi-task and maintain great attention to detail. Ability to organize workload and the workload of others, as well as complete projects in a timely manner and ensure same of others. Requires the ability to provide accurate results, information, and work product.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including presentation/training skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information. Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work-related manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate, negotiate, and persuade at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand complex problems, collaborate with team and/or appropriate business unit, and explore alternative solutions. Ability to make difficult and complex operating decisions, present recommendations, and take actions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in selecting methods or techniques for obtaining solutions (i.e., able to solve problems).
- Ability to effectively coordinate communication, testing efforts, and technical issues between the Company and all outside vendors.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and machines, including printers, copiers, and calculators. Ability to utilize spreadsheet and database techniques independently. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point, and/or mainframe operating environments. Ability to use various software packages.
- General working knowledge of the multiple programming languages utilized by the Company. General working knowledge of database structure and development techniques. Knowledge of systems and data sources.
- Requires work in a normal office environment with changing deadlines, project assignments, and strict time constraints.
- Requires repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and/or fingers for sustained periods of time.
- Requires standing less than 1/3 of the time.
- Requires walking (traversing) less than 1/3 of the time.
- Requires sitting more than 2/3 of the time.
- Requires use of fingers and hands or feeling more than 2/3 of the time.
- Requires reaching with hands and arms less than 1/3 of the time.
- Requires talking or hearing more than 2/3 of the time.
- Requires close vision, defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Generally five years relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited college or university. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify