Glacier Fish Company is the third-largest at-sea harvester of Alaska Pollock in the Bering Sea and the company has grown to include multi-species groundfish operations through is ownership and management of North Star Fishing Company which combined represents a total of seven vessels.
The Business and Finance Analyst is responsible for supporting senior management team in strategy development, operational analysis, financial analysis and forecasting, corporate development, and investor relations activities. Work product will support both short and long-term decision making as well as routine business, management, and member reporting. Primary responsibilities are to gather and organize data from across Glacier's systems and to develop presentations and recommendations to support decision making. Corporate development support will include analysis of potential internal and external growth and acquisition opportunities including discounted cash flow analysis, comparable transaction analysis, both resource and financial, LBO models, and IRR/returns analysis. Data analysis will relate to Glacier's financial condition, costs, sales, and operational data as well as external data sources such as publically available scientific, regulatory, and market data relevant to our operations
- Special Project Analysis
- Prepare analysis in support of internal and external growth projects including mergers and acquisitions and capital investment. Create and defend detailed fully functioning financial models, forecasts, and valuations based on accepted corporate finance techniques including DCF, LBO, and IRR analysis.
- Models include resource, production, and financial components.
- Accounting & Finance Analysis
- Preparation and analysis of financial data including costs, capital investment, operations, and sales to aid in day to day decision making. Using both financial and statistical analysis to draw conclusions about cost and margin behaviors.
- Maintain monthly trip level financial statements and work in concert with accounting on bi-weekly vessel spending monitoring to monitor key trends/concerns.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and financial forecasting for senior management and Glacier's investors and lending institutions.
- Maintain key performance indicators in collaboration with accounting.
- Perform analysis both qualitative and quantitative in support of corporate hedging programs for foreign exchange and fuel. Keeping the team up to date on markets and trends, statistical correlation analysis, and current positions.
- Review and maintain shipyard budgets in collaboration with engineering and accounting teams.
- Preparation and analysis of production, bycatch, sales and logistical data to support optimal sales and production strategy.
- Develop Excel JetReports in support of sales, operations, and accounting.
- Board, Member, Lender, and Other Meeting Materials
- Prepare analysis of harvest, production, bycatch, sales and marketing activities, financial analysis including price-volume revenue analysis and margin analysis, regulatory affairs, and special project analysis.
- Prepare monthly Management Discussion and Analysis report for financial statements including harvest, production, bycatch, sales and marketing activities, and financial analysis.
- Quota Management
- Maintaining a quota ledger, daily monitoring of catch versus allocation, developing fishing plans to anticipate future needs, working with quota partners to propose and evaluate trades, communicate with third party quota managers about quota, bycatch, and production usage for reporting to management team.
- Prepare weekly harvest and catch reports.
- Answer catch data requests.
- Other Responsibilities
- Preparation of sales and customer presentations for trade shows, customer meetings, and sales strategy development. Preparation and maintenance of customer sales profiles including, overview, customer strategy, facilities, management team (decision makers), volumes, relationship history and sales value and quality record.
- Review trip settlements including volume, price, and deductions for crew payroll.
- Corporate documentation and record keeping.
- Maintain existing ERP software and assist users throughout day-to-day operations. Communicate with developer and internal IT about user inquiries, initiate implementation of add-ons/ improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance, MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in a financial or business analyst role preferred.
- Experience conducting in depth financial analysis and modeling.
- Experience working in the Seafood Industry preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding of accounting, financial statements, and finance/valuation concepts.
- Highly proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Suite.
ABOUT GLACIER: We offer a work environment filled with highly experienced and talented seafood professionals in a relaxed business casual environment. We are committed to rewarding our employees for their hard work and dedication to the team. Company perks include:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401K plan with company match
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, long-term disability and life insurance
Glacier Fish Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Financial Modeling & Analysis: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19